Author Topic: Rogue intention and general vp questions  (Read 1350 times)

Offline Govenator

• You have been targeted for termination!
Rogue intention and general vp questions
Hello all,

I was wondering if someone knew how to set up Rogue intentions.  It comes with only a vp file and a readme and I cannot find it in my wx launcher menu.  How do you get the launcher to see the vp files without directly putting them inside the freespace folder(which I'm not doing)?

Thanks,

[attachment deleted by an evil time traveler]

Offline Luis Dias

Re: Rogue intention and general vp questions
Could you post a screenshot of your "Rogue intentions" mod folder? And (if it has) of its "mod.ini" opened in notepad?

(wtf is rogue intentions?)

Jesus F Christ, I'm derpish today. OK, you need a mod.ini in that folder. Tell you what, copy a mod.ini from another mod folder, like say ahhhh.... Vassago Dirge or whatever, and change the entries. Call it "Rogue Intentions", and make sure the secondary mods link to something like mediavps 3.6.12 or mediavps 2014.

NEVERMIND, here's a mod.ini I quickly wrote, just unrar it and dump it into your RI folder:

[attachment deleted by an evil time traveler]
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 04:26:27 am by Luis Dias »

Offline Govenator

• You have been targeted for termination!
Re: Rogue intention and general vp questions
Thank you for your help Luis Dias, I was on vacation and didn't get a chance to do as you told me till now. It works just fine.

This also taught me how to work with all the other "vp" files so you  work will pay-off in the future with me not asking so many questions. 

Also rogue intentions is a campaign I found of the campaign list http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/Campaign_List it seems legit after only playing the first mission.  Hopefully the rest is good.

Out of curiosity where do you guys go for campaigns?  You're not the first person who knows a lot more about this game than I do to ask me where I find these campaigns (is there another more complete list out there?).  My plan is to play all these campaigns and then maybe try to make my own.  One step at a time though as I still have a lot to learn.

Again thanks

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq