Author Topic: INF Build for 3.6.10/Zatharas  (Read 3937 times)

Offline BadBack

INF Build for 3.6.10/Zatharas
Is it ok to use the INF build for all the different campaigns or are specific exes really necessary?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: INF Build for 3.6.10/Zatharas
It's recommended to always use the 3.6.10 INF build together with Zathras.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

I have troubles playing different campaign when running on 3.6.10 inf with zathras. There are lags and hangs. Even the FH2261 which is supposed to be played on 3.6.10. When running on 3.6.9 inf everything is alright.
Tried to reinstall - no changes.
What should I do?

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
What are your system specs?  Zathras actually requires 3.6.10 and will not work with 3.6.9 so unless you are using a pre release version it should immediately crash if you try to use 3.6.9. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

What are your system specs?  Zathras actually requires 3.6.10 and will not work with 3.6.9 so unless you are using a pre release version it should immediately crash if you try to use 3.6.9. 
Oh, I've misguided you. I mean when I playing campaigns from final release on 3.6.10 with Zathras there are constant aiming lag and hangs. I didn't try to play Zathras camp with 3.6.9. But when playing FH2261 on 3.6.10 there are lags anyway, but no hangs. So I'm using 3.6.9 final now without Zathras.

Maybe something is damn wrong with my computer.

What do you mean by saying system specs? Hardware or soft?
Hard: Athlon XP 2600+, nForce2, 1GB mem, GF FX 5900XT 128Mb. Pretty ancient but fits my needs.
Soft: WinXP (auto updating), what else?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 03:26:17 am by Niroborn »

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Video drivers up to date?  Select the 3.6.10 inferno debug build and enable zathras and run it.  Attach the fs2_open.log from the data directory. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Video drivers up to date?  Select the 3.6.10 inferno debug build and enable zathras and run it.  Attach the fs2_open.log from the data directory. 
I'm using old video drivers (61.76) which support refresh rate override now, but it was all the same with the latest available drivers (169.21).

Here is the log file. It is from freshly installed game, I've run it once as you said with 3.6.10 inf debug.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Does using a nightly build (like this one) fix it?

Does using a nightly build (like this one) fix it?
I'll try.

And what that builds are?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Those are development builds released by the Dev team. They are the current state of the art, and they have several improvements and massive code changes compared to 3.6.10 builds.
If you still have the problem, it is worth pursuing further, but if using a nightly fixes it, then that's that.

Remember to use the INF build, and if your processor supports it, get the SSE2 version.

Those are development builds released by the Dev team. They are the current state of the art, and they have several improvements and massive code changes compared to 3.6.10 builds.
If you still have the problem, it is worth pursuing further, but if using a nightly fixes it, then that's that.

Remember to use the INF build, and if your processor supports it, get the SSE2 version.
Nope, they don't fix the lags.
I'm always using INF build.