Author Topic: Problem with the Nova nameplate  (Read 2228 times)

Problem with the Nova nameplate
While I was working on a mission in FRED I ran into a problem with the Nova nameplate.

I thought it was just happening with my custom nameplate, so I tried it with one that came with Zathras.

Same problem. Has anyone else had problem with this? And is there any way to fix this?

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Re: Problem with the Nova nameplate
Are you using 3.6.12 and Zathras 2.0?

If so the next thing to do is open the mission in notepad and fix the entries.  FRED loves to screw up texture replacement.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Are you using 3.6.12 and Zathras 2.0?

If so the next thing to do is open the mission in notepad and fix the entries.  FRED loves to screw up texture replacement.

I'm using 3.6.10 and I'm not sure which version of Zathras I'm using. What do I do to fix it in the notepad?

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Look for something like this:

Code: [Select]
$Texture Replace:
+old: nova-01a
+new: nova-01a_abrams
+old: nova-01a-glow
+new: nova-01a_abrams-glow
+old: nova-01a-shine
+new: nova-01a_abrams-shine

Replace abrams with the nameplate you want to use.  Once it's fixed it should stay that way even if you make changes in FRED. 

Actually if your developing missions or a campaign for future release you should grab at least 3.6.12 and Zathras 2.0.  Even better since it's development would be the latest 3.6.13 build and Zathras 2.1 development.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

It's working now!

I also updated to 3.6.12 and got Zathras 2.0, thanks for the help :D