Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 613921 times)

Re: What are you playing right now?
Is it that mod that adds a new area by any chance?

If you're talking about that Frontier mod, no it's not out yet. I just got reeled in again and I wanted to try out these NMC textures in a mod manager that isn't woefully bad. Also related: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J13lLFE6sPs&t=235s

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Holy cap that's amazing!!
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
  • Let me tilerape it for you!
    • Steam
I have beaten the Manus too, now. It took ages of elarning his attacks, and I had to lame it out with a greatshield again, but it's done now. Manus and Kalameet both feel a bit too much like "I'm glad this is over".
Also,
The best training would be to do the dual guardian beasts.
I was intrigued. So I went back to the boss arena. HOLY ****!
Oh guys, use that [ url ][ img ][ /img ][ /url ] :/

Dual Guardian Beasts?

Double the manticores, double the fun!

(If you go back to where the Sanctuary Guardian was in Dark Souls' DLC, there will be two Sanctuary Guardians waiting for you. Have fun.)
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Still Elite Dangerous. Heading rapidly coreward on my first Colonia run. I've got nearly 3 weeks and have a few systems discovered under my belt. Can't afford to dally though as I don't often get the time to play anymore.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline crizza

Treated me Sid Meier's Pirates!
Loved the game back then and it is still great to kill time :D

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
  • Let me tilerape it for you!
    • Steam
I have beaten Dark Souls, finally.
I wish I was less spoiled for it, but bloody hell is it not absolutely beautiful.
Oh guys, use that [ url ][ img ][ /img ][ /url ] :/

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Finally getting around to Zelda: Skyward Sword, because I'm perpetually a generation behind.  I'm already a bit miffed that I had to look up a guide for the first puzzle room in the first dungeon, because the mechanic involved isn't insinuated in any way by the context clues given.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
The best training would be to do the dual guardian beasts.
I was intrigued. So I went back to the boss arena. HOLY ****!

:D  :D  :D (but they are a good training for Kalamet, aren't they?)

I wonder how you will respond to Darklurker or NG+ Dual Persuers (both Dark Souls 2, both optional) - and a shame that probabily wont experience the Looking Glas Knight as it is meant to be (Dark Souls 2 NG+ and beyond, plus requires online)

I have beaten Dark Souls, finally.
I wish I was less spoiled for it, but bloody hell is it not absolutely beautiful.

If you are looking for a conclusion, head straight for DS3 - DS2 has its fans (including me) but it doesn't contribute much to the story which DS and DS3 share

Dark Souls 2 is IMO more personal and less world-ending doomtm; also some of designs gameplaywise aren't up to (also known as "too many knights")

Finally getting around to Zelda: Skyward Sword, because I'm perpetually a generation behind.  I'm already a bit miffed that I had to look up a guide for the first puzzle room in the first dungeon, because the mechanic involved isn't insinuated in any way by the context clues given.

It's flying the bug, isn't it?

Skyward Sword has same issue many Nintendo games build around their plattfrom's gimick have; it is assumed that you are familiar with the gimick and that way are weird...
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Nah, the bug was intuitive enough, and I honestly found it (and the bird for that matter) relatively easy to control. It was not realizing that you have to waggle your sword in a circle to take out those ubiquitous door-locking eyes. Fi gives some vague hint about them "following pointy objects," which obviously suggests the sword, but gave no hint whatsoever about how one needed to move it.  (Side note: I now understand why she's the butt of so many jokes.)  And yeah, I'm generally okay with Nintendo's unique control schemes, but man did they push the Motion Plus thing super-hard here. My wrist may not survive.

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Mostly Forza Horizon 3, randomly rotating Fallout NV, TES4, a variant of the first Stalker and a heavily modded Supcom FA that always crashes out in intense fighting. 32-bit exe can't keep up with what the PC can do, not to mention all the memory leaks from AI giving orders to dead units or other backend shenanigans that remain unseen. I still wish someone can fix the Duke Nukem from BlackOpsAR without shoving a single shred of FAF down my throat, and make Nomads stuff properly kill (and get killed by) other factions' custom stuff... underwater railgun simply cannot hit the hulls of custom boats from another mod...

Who was it who mentioned that FSO modding is so much easier than Bethsoft modding... he's right, that's for sure. (though to be fair, the FSO 'feel' doesn't lend well to crazy mergefests as would the latter two sandboxes, since in FSO, different mods are virtually different worlds and rules, kinda... whereas in a Bethesda game you are stuck with that one single realm, so the chaos of merging 255+ mods ensues.)

Good and bad though... e.g. "YEY REAL LIFE MODERN 21st CENTURY GUN IN FALLOUT!!!!111oneoneone" vs "Errrr... this Cyone looks super out of place in say, BP..."

Either way I'm back to near-stock for those. It's not fun at all spending the entire ****ing day trying to merge just 1 thing and watching for anything else breaking, when one could simply just 'play the game' or do something else altogether (i.e. rest on a non-work day). And that's just NV and TES4, don't get me started on FO4 and TES5...
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
I am playing "Ascent - The Space Game" for a week now.

It is something like EVE Online Light.

Visually not so impressive and the first hours i am done mostly Asteroid mining and Gas Skimming in the Gas Giants. Also i have build my first Colony on Ceres and can produce there masses of Grain... unfortunately my ship is still too small to sell it very effectively, even i was able to get a larger ship with 40t cargo instead of the starting 10, that does indeed a big difference.

Now i have 400k credits on my account, i think i will buy again a larger ship and then i will buy a Starbase finally, because i have to research new technologies for my ship there, unfortunately it is even too weak for the first combat mission in this game  :hopping:
And the bulletin board only offers delivery missions like persons, parcels and cargo.

After i am was finally able to beat some combat missions, i think i will end my playthrough with the next, and only, set of story missions.
But who knows how long that will take after all...
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Nah, the bug was intuitive enough, and I honestly found it (and the bird for that matter) relatively easy to control. It was not realizing that you have to waggle your sword in a circle to take out those ubiquitous door-locking eyes. Fi gives some vague hint about them "following pointy objects," which obviously suggests the sword, but gave no hint whatsoever about how one needed to move it.  (Side note: I now understand why she's the butt of so many jokes.)

Huh, I guess I found that fairly intuitive. If you encounter eyes in Nintendo games there are generally two options: shoot an arrow in them or make them dizzy. And since I don't think you have arrows by that point...

And yeah, Fi needs to STFU. She's worse than Navi.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

So after being delayed by terrible internet I'm going to reinstall the Ur-Quan Master's. I had no idea that my old copy of SC2 was enfact just a very early copy version of UQM they sold in a magazine.
I was wondering why all the original SC2 music sounded terrible and weird to me.

Also, I finished my Wendish Empire game, conquered most of Eastern Europe between Moscow and Bohemia. I took over Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Ruthenia, Hungary, and a little bit of Crimea.
Now, I'm playing as Sicily. Started as a little duchy and united all of it, earning my starting character Robert the title of; "The Fox". But jesus christ as soon as I absorbed the Soutern Berber, Muslim's
the Fatamid's declared a Holy War. That wasn't fun.

I then went and ate Venice and competed with Pisa for the Northern Aftrican territories like Tunisia. I'm actually really enjoying this. I just wish I didn't lose the money I was going to pay to buy all the DLC.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Huh, I guess I found that fairly intuitive. If you encounter eyes in Nintendo games there are generally two options: shoot an arrow in them or make them dizzy. And since I don't think you have arrows by that point...
Yeah, but you do have the slingshot, which is largely what flummoxed me.  Those eyes were meant to be shot at in every previous Zelda I can think of (I'm sure there are other Nintendo games where you make eyeballs dizzy, but nothing's coming to my mind at the moment), and you have the tool at hand to do so.  I gathered that the things follow your sword around, and that they close when you put it away and take out the slingshot, so I figured the puzzle involved faking them out for long enough to sneak a quick shot in.  The room does have these patterns on the walls of an eyeball with a spiral in the center, so I guess that was supposed to be the subtle hint, but it definitely didn't click with me.  On the plus side, I'm in the second surface area now, and I'm starting to get more comfortable with the control scheme, which is definitely increasing my enjoyment.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I finished Deus Ex Mankind Divided. Overall a very good game, but not flawless. The level of detail in the maps is astounding, and the environments look more believable and less futuristic than Human Revolution. All the shops and rooms are full of little details if you look around carefully. The game is much shorter than HR but still feels very substantial because of how much stuff the maps contain. There is more interactivity with objects to pick up as well.

The gameplay and combat is easier than HR, with fewer tough enemies and plentiful ammo and health packs even on the hardest difficulty. Even if you play as a pacifist, there are more stealth-oriented augmentations and nonlethal ammo, and the level detail creates more places to hide. The unique variants of the guns are all useless though since they need special ammo that is very hard to come by. I didn't like how they removed all the late-game guns from HR, and the only new addition, the battle rifle, is just a weaker sniper rifle and serves no purpose. The augmentations range from essential to pointless, and like HR I had all the good ones about halfway into the game. Remote hack and Icarus dash are the best of the new ones. The microtransaction and preorder stuff is totally useless, and I just ignored that aspect of the game.

The story and atmosphere are very good until the final map. Most of the enemies you face are not clearly bad guys (police or ARC), which raises interesting moral dilemmas on how to deal with them, and I like how the game doesn't try to suggest to you what to do. The side quests are quite interesting as well. Some of the dialogue is good but the characters are generally less developed or memorable than in HR. Eliza Cassan sounds laughably biased, and it's hard to imagine anyone taking the Picus news seriously. The story also has its absurd moments especially towards the end.

Spoiler:
If the Illuminati want to influence the vote, how is mass-murdering all the delegates supposed to do that? Wouldn't the vote just be called off? This is also out of character with how the Illuminati operates. And why is the Orchid so special? The game keeps talking about it as if it's some mysterious technology, but it's just a poison. It's funny how the Illuminati tries to kill you and others with that when it would be much easier to just shoot you. There is also a big gap on events between MD and HR with very little explanation, like how Jensen came to work for Juggernaut. Apparently the novel fills in key details of the story that should have been in the game itself (just like HR). The ending comes abruptly and leaves a lot of things hanging, like the whole Sarif quest and how you got the new augmentations. I guess they wanted hooks for DLCs.

Spoiler:
I think the implication with the Sarif quest is, alongside the post-credits video, that you are not who you think you are. The Orchid is is just a poison" on one hand, but it might be a precursor to the Grey Death - eg, nanomachines son. The game does cut short though. Human Revolution had a lot of it's content cut as well, but there they managed to handle it a whole lot better then they did with Mankind Divided.

The story is an unbelievable trainwreck tbqh, I think it's honestly killed the franchise again.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

I am not sure if it was the story so much as failing to drum up interest in an era of exceptionally good games. From Square Enix's marketing buzz it was like they were hoping to recreate the same buzz as was around Human Revolution whilst failing to understand what made Human Revolution so special. It's in a sense the same problem that Titanfall 2 had, with EA trying to sell it in the same week as Call of Duty (not a good idea) and Battlefield 1 (WHYYYYYY ARE YOU COMPETING WITH YOURSELF).
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 08:42:04 am by -Joshua- »