Author Topic: Thor said to post this here?  (Read 9378 times)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Here's one for ya to try and make... I assume that later campaign segments towards and into the T-V war will include the Angel scout fighter, referenced when the Valkyrie is introduced in FS1.  Try to make a Valkyrie-based fighter with only two engines, two primary weapons bays, and try to make it look a little less refined than the Valkyrie.

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Someone in the community (I think Venom) has already done this, and we plan to use it.  But thanks for the suggestion. :)

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
No comments?
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Solatar

I like everything you've done so far.:yes:

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
You know, I realized I have no light assault, or recon fighters... I'll have to draw some one day.

Offline Thor

• Captain of the GTD Sparta
A really like them.:yes:
I can't believe my profile is still active... member since  July 25, 2002

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Definitely some nice work there, RT. :yes:

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Ok, I'll shut up now.:o

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
If this guy keeps pouting out concept pics like that, than I would really consider giving him more access if I were an admin.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Well,
Originally posted by Goober5000
...Raa Tor'h, you seem particularly interested.  Do you want to join?  If you can model or texture, we'll hire you in a heartbeat. :D
Originally posted by Raa Tor'h
I would, but I'm not particularly good at modelling.

Perhaps I should be more open-ended.  Raa Tor'h, do you want to join the staff as a concept artist?

If you can FRED, that would be a bonus too. ;)

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
You, know... I'd like to. I only hope I can keep pumping out concepts like that. Capships and the like are harder to visualize. Especially FS1 style. So if I can do more, I'll help.

:nods:

Edit: oh, and I do know how to use FRED and can experiment with sexps to get the effects I want. I made a mission that's in the Volitionwatch Archives called "Jeannenairre." The mission executes well, but the player is drastically outgunned. Well, that and I hadn't had my nodemap handy, so I started naming systems off the top of my head. :p
« Last Edit: July 27, 2003, 05:16:44 pm by 273 »

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Okeydokey - sending join request to the admins now.  We should be ready to start FREDding quite soon.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
That last bomber you made reminds me of a Loki.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Yeah, I'm shamelessly bumping another thread here, so sue me. :p

Originally posted by Raa Tor'h

Sni-Raa... (;)), that is amazing. Finally an old-looking cruiser that makes the Fenris design look modern, without looking like anything else at the same time! :p :yes:
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
Except Inferno.... :doubt:

It wouldn't be the first ship to be so, still it's pretty much like a EA cruiser.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Why? Because it's a genuinely terran design?

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
I have tried to make the Merrimac...its not exactly what it looks like on the pic, but thats because the views where different...beside that I don't have the abilities to do it as I want.

Try to upload two pics....showing a more detailed version that is surly not for ingame use...well that could be changed....I hope.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2003, 01:54:19 pm by 551 »
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Wow!  Excellent. :yes: With a little more detail, it could easily work nicely as a model. :nod:

Offline Thor

• Captain of the GTD Sparta
Excellent!:drevil:
I can't believe my profile is still active... member since  July 25, 2002