Author Topic: FSO RPMs for Fedora 17  (Read 2910 times)

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
FSO RPMs for Fedora 17
I've finally got around to finishing this off - FSO RPMs for Fedora 17.  The spec file is hopefully generic enough that it should be usable (perhaps with minor tweaks) on any distro that uses RPMs (e.g. OpenSuse)

Fedora 17 i686
Fedora 17 x86_64
Fedora 17 i686 debuginfo
Fedora 17 x86_64 debuginfo
Fedora 17 source RPM

Here's the GPG public key used to sign the RPMs .  To import the key:
Code: (run in a terminal) [Select]
sudo rpm --import niffiwan.pubkey

To verify the RPMs:
rpm -K *.rpm

To install:
sudo yum localinstall *.rpm

Now, some notes :)

1) This is just the FSO executables (release & debug), there's no data included whatsoever (no media_vps, no mods, etc)
2) The debuginfo RPMs contain debugging symbols, unless you're a coder or are trying to catch a stacktrace, don't worry about them.
3) wxlauncher doesn't yet support executables in a different directory to the game data, my suggestion for now is to softlink these executables to your game data directory by doing something like:
cd ~/freespace2
ln -s /usr/bin/fs2_open_3.6.14
ln -s /usr/bin/fs2_open_3.6.14_DEBUG

Any feedback on these packages is much appreciated.

ps. and yes, creating Ubuntu .debs would probably have been useful for more people, but I'm waaaaay more familiar with RPMs, so they got done 1st - .debs are next on the list when I get time :)  (and when I feel like creating 8 more VMs in order to build/test everything!! :))
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Re: FSO RPMs for Fedora 17
And when .16 is out we just need a Diaspora game data RPM that depends on it and you're set :)
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Yeah - TCs are easier to package than Freespace2, getting the retail data installed in an automated fashion is tricky :)
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Plus it costs money to acquire :P
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline LordMelvin

• emacs ftw
  • VI OR DEATH! DOWN WITH EMACS!
Is there any way to set up a script to run cabextract or something similar on the GoG installer exe? That'd work for >90% of new cases, I'd expect.
Error: ls.rnd.sig.txt not found

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
you can setup scripts (pre/post install) in the RPMs, where would the dependencies go I wonder... perhaps have a "dummy" fs2retail package that just runs scripts to extract the VPs (etc) and maybe checksums them...
----
----