Author Topic: Problem with the unofficial patch for FS1+2014 MVPs  (Read 1164 times)

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
Problem with the unofficial patch for FS1+2014 MVPs

I get this error after skipping the intro cutscene. I'm trying to use the unofficial patch so I can have allll the fancy stuff on FS1. I don't know what the problem could be - it's in fsport-mediavps/data/tables, and I edited the mod.ini file inside fsport-mediavps to redirect to MediaVPs_2014. FS1 by itself runs fine, so does FS2 and FS2+2014 MVPs. I realize because this is an 'unofficial' patch I maybe just be SOL until the FS conversion team updates, but I wanna play now!

I posted a reply in the thread for the patch, but this board seems to get more traffic, so I'm hoping to get an answer faster. Apologies for any faux pas.

I'm running FS2 Open 3.7.1 build 10552 with this command line:

D:\Games\Freespace 2\fs2_open_3_7_1_SSE-20140406_r10552.exe -mod fsport-mediavps,fsport,mediavps_3612
-missile_lighting -post_process -soft_particles -fxaa -dualscanlines -targetinfo -orbradar -rearm_timer -ballistic_gauge
-ship_choice_3d -weapon_choice_3d -3dwarp -warp_flash -stretch_menu -snd_preload -ambient_factor 75 -spec_exp 11
-spec_point 0.6 -spec_static 0.8 -spec_tube 0.4 -ogl_spec 60
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 07:25:39 pm by Ghost »
Wh00t!? Vinyl? Is it like an I-pod 2 or something?

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

The Greatest Game in Existance

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Re: Problem with the unofficial patch for FS1+2014 MVPs
You need to add a "/" ahead if the "img" in your last image tag.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Yarn

Your mod.ini is still pointing to mediavps_3612. You need to change it to mediavps_2014.
"Your fighter is running out of oil.  Please check under the hood and add more if necessary"
--strings.tbl, entry 177

"Freespace is very tired.  It is shutting down to get some rest."
--strings.tbl, entry 178

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
@ Yarn

Double you tee eff. I don't know much about how all this works together, and I guess I didn't realize the command line didn't refresh after I edited the mod.ini. I restarted the launcher and it works fine. I am dumb.
Wh00t!? Vinyl? Is it like an I-pod 2 or something?

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

The Greatest Game in Existance