Author Topic: wxLauncher and Diaspora question  (Read 1247 times)

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
wxLauncher and Diaspora question
Hello!  I wasn't sure whether to post here or under Diaspora; please move if appropriate!  :)

I have the latest wxLauncher build installed, and also Diaspora 1.1, which also uses wxLauncher.  I have separate icons for them on my Windows 7 taskbar.  When I open the vanilla launcher and select my FS2 game root folder and executable, it also carries over to the Diaspora launcher.  In other words, after playing FS2 when I want to play Diaspora and I use the Diaspora launcher, I have to go re-select my Diaspora game root folder and executable.  Is this what it is supposed to do?  It had been a while since I had played Diaspora, but I don't remember it doing this in the past.

Thanks!
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Re: wxLauncher and Diaspora question
I believe this is intended behaviour, i.e. there is a single copy of wxLauncher installed system-wide and it's used for all FSO related games/mods.  To avoid having to change your FSO root folder all the time, I suggest using "profiles" on the 1st wxLauncher tab.  Create a profile, set it up for Freespace and save it. Then create a new profile, set it up for Diaspora and save it with a different name.  To switch between playing Freespace/Diaspora, choose the appropriate profile on the 1st tab. (IIRC, the wxLauncher interface art will also switch when you change to/from Diaspora :))
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
Re: wxLauncher and Diaspora question
Thanks!! I never was quite sure of the purpose of the profiles, but I see there is already a Diaspora profile set up.  Not sure if that was by default, or if I used to know that and forgot.  :)

And yes, the interface art does change when I use the Diaspora launcher.
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.