Author Topic: W-H-I-Y-L - boom shake-shake shake the-room.  (Read 3027819 times)

deathspeed and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
Re: W-H-I-Y-L - Lorric/Retsof get Nuked!
even credit unions are pretty sad these days.  i've got 2 different CU accounts, and they get .1% and .2%  the highest rate i've seen on anything is a 3% CD that caps out at $3000.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
My checking account at the local bank does have fees, but so long as you have any amount of direct-deposit coming in every month (which I do), or else one of a few other options, they're all waived, so it's free for me.  I probably could switch to the credit union right down the street, but meh, I've had my debit card number memorized forever, and I don't want to have to get a new one. :p

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Ugh. The last 7 days have been some of the roughest and lowest I've had the displeasure of experiencing.

Last week I finally got my sorry arse to the doctors to find that I've been suffering from depression for a while, and got signed off of work for 2 weeks (which isn't bad at all). But finally actually KNOWING what it is seems to have opened up all the **** I have repressed/ignored. Now I feel like someone has gone to town on my psyche with an ice pick and power hammer.

Some good news is that my dog gave birth to seven disgustingly cute pups on the Wednesday, and the good weather has been a great uplift for me.

But most of all I'm just grateful that I have Dekker and our Mum to talk to if things get too much.

I don't know if I'll ever completely get "Better", but I swear that I'm going to throw myself into whatever treatment the doctor recommends. I know only I can help myself at the end of the day, and despite my periodic bouts of self depreciation and hate, I will see it through. Not for my family or friends, but for me.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Lorric

Good luck Firespawn.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
**** man, as someone with depression i can appreciate where your at.  keep talking, it will help.
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
I can sympathize with your situation there Firespawn
Best of luck to your well being. Hopefully you find something that works and gets you to the point you want to be.

If SSRIs end up being a thing, just remember it takes a bit before they reach their full potential. Just don't expect them to make you happy, usual response is a general numbness for people taking them. Varies of course from person to person
"No"

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Found work. Making, filling and shipping boxes... eight hours a day. Standing in the same place (almost) the whole time. But at least I can add that to my resume! :P Someone smash my head with a sledgehammer Each day I come back home with massive pain in my feet, but no pain means no gain, right?

Also, I might have a depression. I need to get that checked out once I get some money...

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I finish at 16:00 today, we'll talk. Bet you wish I was there to kick some sense into Michael.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Sololop

Got invited to a friends house for some drinks. half an hour after I'm there my other two friends leave and go screw, so I'm sitting there all like a putz. I left.

Lame.

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
My desktop suddenly stopped booting yesterday; not even getting to POST as far as I know. Since it sounded anemic and the fans didn't seem to be turning nicely, I thought it might be the power supply but replacing it with a new one didn't work. So it could be motherboard failure or something else - I'm planning to get it to a computer shop to be checked out as soon as possible (probably Saturday since tomorrow is a public holiday here).

Not fun, Firespawn.  You have my sympathy.  I know, at least in my case, my own tendency towards introspection was my worst enemy.  The more I thought about my depression the more depressed and desolate I became.  Keeping yourself occupied helps.  Physical labor that involves some amount of attention to details is helpful because it gives you a physical outlet for some of that stress, but it is also detail oriented enough to keep your mind engaged on things completely unrelated to depression.

I hope the doctor(s) can help.
"Wouldn't it be so wonderful if everything were meaningless?
But everything is so meaningful, and most everything turns to ****.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I'm recommending he takes up Krav maga with my old instructor. It's AMAZING the change to your mood it makes.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Not fun, Firespawn.  You have my sympathy.  I know, at least in my case, my own tendency towards introspection was my worst enemy.  The more I thought about my depression the more depressed and desolate I became.  Keeping yourself occupied helps.  Physical labor that involves some amount of attention to details is helpful because it gives you a physical outlet for some of that stress, but it is also detail oriented enough to keep your mind engaged on things completely unrelated to depression.

I hope the doctor(s) can help.

I've been attacking my room. I call it "Operation Overdue Cleaning" and it involves a profound amount of laundry and bin bags.

And don't worry yourself Dekker. I'll make sure to call you when I need a good old fasion shot of "MTFU" every now and then.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Just bought my first car. 2014 Chevy Cruze. Not really all that fancy but I only had to finance $5000, which will be easy to pay off.

Offline An4ximandros

**** just got real. We need to scour Poland for the cyber researcher!

Offline Sololop

Just bought my first car. 2014 Chevy Cruze. Not really all that fancy but I only had to finance $5000, which will be easy to pay off.

I drive a 2012 Cruze. Very simple car, but she's at 55,000KM now, and not a sign of any problems. Other than oil changes, undercoat, regular checkups, and a set of winters, haven't spent a dime on her for maintenance.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Going shopping at a gun store tomorrow
Hoping to walk out with a SxS 12 Gauge and a nice amount of ammo to go with it

EDIT:
Didn't get a SxS, but I picked this awesome thing instead for 600$

Mossberg Over/Under 12 Gauge
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 04:52:20 am by deathfun »
"No"

Offline An4ximandros

Happy Weed day folks. ;)

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i dont have any weed. but we get the legal weed vote in august.  the forum's other alaskans better not be too stoned to vote that day.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
nice looking gun there deathfun
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art