Author Topic: LCW[WIP] Missions 1-2  (Read 9891 times)

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
  • Balance breaker! Thats me!
    • Steam
Re: LCW[WIP] Missions 1-2
Well, yes, I forgot about that part.

It leaved the doors opened, true. And well, a freder interested in making the story continuing might do something.

But in time, that Freder is not me (my skill is poor to say the least), I have my own, 3 campaigns to make, if not more :)
--Did it! It's RELEASED! VeniceMirror Thread--

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
    • Steam
When im working with a cutscene, i can upload the mission not yet polished out.

could use some feedback on it.

No briefing debriefing yet. Don't worry about that.

[attachment deleted by an evil time traveler]

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
    • Steam
Someone told me that screenies are the best.

Here is some shoots up's from my cutscene I'm working on!

LSR Fleet assembled and ready for battle!

GTVA won't tolerate rebels raiding them for any longer!

GTVA won't be taken lightly!

And that's how you end when multiple corvettes fire on you!

Don't know how to make full screen screenies, sorry, i just get up a black image :/
And as for this, sorry for the low quality, don't really know what application to use in order to take high quality screenies... any tips? PM me

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
I played the most recent mission you posted, and here's some impressions. If I'm bugging you about anything that you were already planning to take care of, then sorry.

Overall, a fairly smooth mission.

Nice use of simple cutscenes 'n stuff.

Spoiler:
At the beginning of the mission, a directive, "Destroye Nahema", appears and instantly completes itself. Why?

Frankly, it's too easy to defend the cruiser against the GTVA bombers attacking in the gas giant. Might I recommend downgrading the cruiser to a Leviathan or Fenris? The Aeolus defends itself very well for a retail capship; too well in this instance, IMO.

Why did you dump the player into a big battle at the end, and then tell them to RTB instead of letting them fight in it?  :( It's your mission-design call, but I'd rather have fought in the battle.

---------------

Nice screenies. I'd really like to actually be able to play this battle. Big battles are totally awesome to play, but hard to FRED.
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
    • Steam
Lepanto:

First issue: Hell yea... I knew this could happen, the part when you leave the gas giant is hardly tested and polished by now. That's why it's said that is not yet polished out :)

The Aoelus is a part of the "Canon" stuff for my campaign, and i cannot change it. I guess it's have to be that easy (Or i could break up some turrets on the ship for more difficulty).

There is really no bugging me! Bring out all heavy cannons on me! :)

How about your impressions when the Leo is down? Ships arriving and all?

And about the cutscene, well I don't want to spoiler on the upcoming mission after it ^^

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
I re-played the mission.

Spoiler:
Okay, you've piqued my interest: why did a big battle suddenly break out at the end, and why is the player ordered to jump out immediately?

Where the last mission was too hard in its later versions, this mission is too easy, IMO; I wasn't really challenged to destroy the enemy wings and complete my objectives. I strongly recommend nerfing the Kamais in some fashion, and letting Capricorn wing cover Leo on their attack run.

Now that you're done with your introductory missions, and have a good, basic grasp of FREDding, I'd recommend that you:

A: start a new thread for your campaign in Missions and Campaigns, with a couple screenies and some basic plot information.

B: Find a dedicated, private beta-tester, instead of releasing missions for testing one-by-one in public. Also, to be honest, it'd help if you found someone to proofread your missions.

Also, I strongly recommend incorporating Fury's upgraded AI into your campaign; it makes all AI fighters and capships fight better.
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
    • Steam
I was thinking about moving to new topic, and I will do so, when I complete that what im working on now. (Cutscene and mission after, also polishing the existing ones)

Thanks for pointing me to the upgraded AI :)

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
    • Steam
This topic is now outdated and not supported, that mean no new releases, or updates on what files, links, and attachments that might be on this topic.

For the news on the VeneceMirror, visit www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=87304.0 - official thread.