Author Topic: Dusk Wars: Side Arcs Revealed!  (Read 10316 times)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Re: Dusk Wars: Side Arcs Revealed!
If this is your first skybox, add alpha mask to it and apply starfield as a below layer just like Herschel skybox from Shadow Genesis. It will add depth to your space.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline NeonShivan

• Previously known as BTA
  • By the Omnisiah's grace.
Never thought of that, thanks!
In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \ All the Single Ladies

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Author of Dusk Wars - A modification for Freespace 2.

Offline NeonShivan

The UED-03 Arindam

Constructed in 2328, the Arindam serves as flagship of the 3rd Fleet of Deneb, 1st Battlegroup. Unlike her sisters the Bismarck or Valiant, the Arindam hasn't seen much action following up to the events of 2345.

The Arindam serves as the home ship for the player for the majority of the campaign.  She is under the command of Commander Paul Jackson, and she is home to over 10 different fighter squadrons.

Words from our glorious Commander Paul Jackson: This is my UED Ursa class destroyer, there are many like it but this one is mine.

Took this a bit too early...

Before I go: dat possible point defense spread.
In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
She looks lovely in black.

And this skybox looks cool too!
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Lorric

That first screenshot is a real beauty. I'm going to add it to my collection. :)

WOOT! The Jutland  :D

BTW there's parts of it, especially the turret bases, that seem to be fully light when they shouldn't be.
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline NeonShivan

:bump: :hammer:

Stop! Update time!

I've finally reached the part of the campaign where our antagonists start getting serious about their foes.

Here's some screenshots to prove it!

The TDCv Hydrogen providing fire support

The TDD Arindam and the TCC Ferrum engage Andvari cruisers

Arindam vs Voshika'MaKhan

(•_•)
 <)  )/

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Offline NeonShivan

Well, seeing as nothing new has been posted here in over a month, time for a little update:

Andvari ships are now blue to further distance themselves from the original Vasudan counterparts, as well as give the Andvari their own original feel. Their weapons will also represent this color change as time goes on.

Also due to my computer deciding to act up, further mission development has ceased until the bluescreens come to an end. I will work on fixing the errors and backing them up as I go on existing missions but I don't want to lose anything (in event something happens) that I can't replace. Bug fixes are easy to replace, entirely new missions, not so much.*

One final detail: Armor and Shields - How they work in Dusk Wars

In order to adopt a new style of gameplay per say, the way the armor is designed in this game, as well as the shield mechanics is simple and easy to remember (also reminded through the use of training missions)

There are three types of armor with its own size sub-catagories: Titanium, Tungsten, and Andvari

*Titanium is used on most Terran ships, it's also the weakest since it has the most weaknesses.

*Tungsten is used on some Terran ships, it's the strongest armor type a Terran ship can have.

*"Andvari" armor is the armor used on the Andvari ships (if it wasn't obvious enough), it's has bizarre but understandable weaknesses

Shields on the other hand, are designed to absorb shots like body armor in real life, it doesn't last long under fire from certain weapons, and shouldn't be entirely relied on in a dogfight (unless the AI spams missiles but that'll be explained later).

Now, there are 4 damage types that weapons can deal: Laser, Kinetic, Explosive, and Plasma.

All armor is weak to explosive damaging weapons, no exceptions, which not many weapons deal anyways.

Titanium and Andvari armor are weak to weapons that deal "plasma" damage, which is a rare damage type.
Tungsten is weak to only explosive, making it the strongest armor value in the game
All armor types resist laser damage, the Andvari being most with a multiplicative of 0.1!
All armor resist kinetic damage, with Tungsten being the most resistant

Shields on the other hand, resist explosive damage effectively, meanwhile Plasma and Lasers can tear through shields, lasers being the most with a multiplicative value of 1.55!

Kinetic damage against shields is cut in half.

Kinetic is the most common damage type for missiles but it's also the most resisted damage type, but this does not warrant you to ignore the missiles, they are still a considerable threat, and will destroy you if you're not careful.

(Of course, you can ignore the whole system entirely and just shoot them and see what's the most effective, trial and error is always welcome!)

Enjoy the update!

*Even the bug fixing is halted for fixing my computer is my top priority ^^

(•_•)
 <)  )/

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh