Author Topic: War in Heaven Voice Acting — VICTORY IS LIFE!  (Read 113371 times)

Offline Kolgena

Re: War in Heaven Voice Acting Death March
That Brie sounds like Petrarch. Too much awesome.

Offline Sarkoth

• Ser Campaign-listador
Found my better microphone had a go on it and submitted files for Sergei Gwylim and Admiral Kyle Netreba. Caption is a lot better but slightly quiet.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 04:14:10 am by Sarkoth »
Only the one passed trough darkness obtains the right to ask for light

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Awesome, tyvm. Sarkoth and StarWolf have really been running a marathon on this one. Starwolf, please point us to any talent you can find!

Woke up this morning to some excellent auditions (thaaank youuuuu jg18 and CommanderDJ as well as Off Site Miracle Men). I suspect I'll need to liberate another batch of previews in reward.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 10:36:50 am by General Battuta »

Offline Sarkoth

• Ser Campaign-listador
Keep 'em coming. So will we. ;)

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Laporte :yes: :yes2:

Awesome, tyvm. Sarkoth and StarWolf have really been running a marathon on this one. Starwolf, please point us to any talent you can find!

Will do!

Laporte's and Brie's previews really are amazing. I just know the next bunch will be as awesome. Now to wait and see who's next ;)
Previous Projects: Ancient-Shivan War | GTF Durandal

Current Projects: Exile: Into The Dark Waters (Proof-editing/misc)

Offline Sarkoth

• Ser Campaign-listador
I'm in the process of redoing Sorensen with the other microphone. Expect something by tomorrow.

Battuta, you have a new set containing all lines for one role coming in from me! Check your email and it should be there!

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Yep, got it. Just got a promising Sergei Gwilym, so I think I'll de-list him.

I would like to contribute, but I don't know which character to pick. Could you recommend some characters that would benefit from a 25-year-old's finnish accent? :D

I have done some voice acting in my past, mainly because of my Operation Flashpoint missions. I'm not a professional; I just like goofing around. Here are 2 sample collections:

Sample Collection 1

These were for a small-group roleplaying game (I don't remember it's name) using pre-recorded narration for different outcomes. I think I was 18 at the time. Here I also used various filters from GoldWave program, and audio samples from Doom 3. However I understand that I don't have to do any post-processing for BP.

Sample 1
Sample 2
Sample 3
Sample 4
Sample 5
Sample 6
Sample 7

Sample collection 2

Here you can watch a sample OFP cutscene, although it's almost 10 years old. It probably sounds pretty horrible by now, but at least I tried to change accents between characters ;P

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Try Anjaneya Control or Vineto.

Offline Sarkoth

• Ser Campaign-listador
Yep, got it. Just got a promising Sergei Gwilym, so I think I'll de-list him.

If you just got it, it probably wasn't mine. Aaaaaw. *sadface*

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
There are going to be casualties in this war, I'm afraid. Most people aren't going to get the roles they're hoping for. I myself recorded hours of dialogue for Bei back in AoA, and then rejected it all in less than thirty seconds. But we can't let that stop us. That's why it's a death march! Some of us have to throw ourselves onto the wire, plug the trenches with our corpses, lubricate the machinery with our blood and bile! History may forget our names - but they'll never forget the victory we helped author!

Offline Sarkoth

• Ser Campaign-listador
"This is madness!" - "Madness? ... This .. is FREESPACE!"

Something along those lines I guess. *laughs* I'm probably still going to finish my second take on Sorensen. Just because and for the hell of it. ^^

In the end, what matters is that we're here and we've all come together to make something grand, as well as amazing. I honestly don't expect to land a role I'm dead keen on or is my number #1 favorite, but you know what? That is ok. What's most important is that we're here, took up the challenge and are giving it our all to breathing further life into these memorable, wonderful characters; all in the name of what will be an incredible feat by us, the community. One we all oughta be damn proud of and will always look back to with pride.

With that said, press on, good sirs! Many a character needs the power of our voices!

Offline Hobbie

• It's Hot Drop O'Clock!
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Submitted lines for Levi and Masyaf Control. My voice is ridiculously distinctive, so I found it hard to audition for more and still sounding somewhat different between them.

Brie sounds like the father everyone wants. :P
In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Excellent progress today. Wrapped on Sorensen and made remarkable progress on a few other roles. I have...arranged for a reward.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Hmm... I tried recording some lines years ago but I hated the sound of my own voice so I deleted them all. Given some of the comments here regarding that I think I'll try again... I just need to wait a couple of weeks for school to start so my wife can bring our microphone home.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
The reward has been altered. Pray that I do not alter it further, like into some freaky Nagari ****.

Byrne.....is.....fantastic! So is the Hesperia and Solaris Strike Alpha! Excellent stuff! :D

Battuta, just noticed a error on Captain Genady's script, line 'bp215s083'. Script Quote: 'Negative, Indus, she's too close. Someone will have to screen the retreat, or none of us are going home.' . In 'Delenda Est', the first sentence is actually written as: 'Negative, Indus, she's too close and she's already launched fighters.' I'm sending you a re-recorded version to match the Delenda Est version right away!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 09:39:15 pm by starwolf1991 »