Author Topic: [RELEASE] Diaspora: Shattered Armistice v1.0 (Windows, Mac & Linux)  (Read 854773 times)

Offline Meleardil

• Meleardil Eressea Iluvadan
Re: [RELEASE] Diaspora: Shattered Armistice
I had this image sitting on my computer for some time. It is an older version of the Theseus. I made an attempt to texture it, but it was not really realistic. After that Newman took over, optimized the ship, made some tweaks, and painted it nicely.

I made this render to show the size of the ship, because few fans complained that the flightpods are too small. So I took a 747-400, put it in the flightpod, and made a few renders about the ship, this is one of them. I do not have that V-ray setup anymore, so I cant make more pictures, but I thought that some of you might like it. You can see the full size picture if you click on it.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 08:25:34 pm by Meleardil »
"I think it is impossible to really understand somebody, what they want, what they believe, and not love them the way they love themselves."
Speaker for the Dead

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Hehe, I had some in-game comparison shots using a 747 at one point. They might still be posted for all I know.

Fantastic news! I've still been popping in and lurking to keep up to date. Very proud. Always good to see talented people put something amazing together :)

Nice to see you again Quiet. If you fancy becoming active again, we'd love to have you back. :)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 08:33:48 pm by karajorma »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
I am now going to watch BSG to see what I'm apparently missing.

And this, right here, is exactly why I say that mods are good for the IP holder. All over the world you've got people getting fired up about BSG again, and people who like flight sims but never watched BSG deciding that maybe they missed out and need to go to iTunes or Hulu or whatever and get hold of the episodes. Hell, maybe we've even shown Syfy that there's a big demand for BSG, big enough to finally release Blood and Chrome.

IIRC the episodes are available on Hulu.

Also Netflix.

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
I can easily watch the first two seasons (barring the pilot) on Hulu. (Don't they have all four available?)

For guys in the States and have a digital service, they air it on BBC America every weekday afternoon (after Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares).

After playing through Shattered Armistice, I regret going to sleep 90 minutes into the pilot (hey, it was midnight when they decided to play it).

Spoiler:
My brother popped in when I was playing the last mission and said "Plot twist: player character's a Cylon." I refuse to believe that. There's no evidence yet.  :D

EDIT: As of Fall 2012, BBC America airs the revived BSG at 8AM in the weekday mornings. The rest of the days are filled with Top Gear or Kitchen Nightmares.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 02:42:00 pm by Black_Yoshi1230 »
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
We really need the Cylon smiley face from something awful...
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I don't believe I've seen that one.

Offline Alex Heartnet

• Loli with a hammer
    • Minecraft
Comments on the last mission:
Spoiler:
Funnily enough, the moment I got a good look at the Prometheus I was thinking 'Improvised Carrier".  And sure enough, I get to dock with it...

Thanks guys!  I'm in space shooter overload this year (that's not a bad thing) and this was an utter surprise (a pleasant one).  You guys rock!  I gave it a quick spin and was very impressed with a lot of nifty custom things ya'll added (3d pit with working radar overlaid onto model!!!!), custom HUD etc.  Models are awesome too.  Top notch!  Well done!

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Just as an aside, if you are experiencing any bugs or crashes please post in the tech support forum so we can have it all in one spot for reference.

Tech Support:
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?board=237.0
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 03:36:44 am by Ace »
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline -Norbert-

Whoever got the idea of also putting up a torrent has my sincere thanks. Where else can you download a FS2 mod with 4 MBit/s :yes:

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
We did the same thing with BtRL for much the same reasons, just too much data for everyone to use HTTP.

Offline Fish

• Nugget
!!!

I'd been hoping that the recent silence was a good thing, but quietly knew that there would always be more waiting... So when I loaded up the forum today, as I have been doing for yeeaaaars, and saw all the 'new threads' I thought maybe my cookie had been reset or something. It's a bit surreal to think it's out there now, so well done devs! Can't wait to play it ;)
<><

Offline arrtee

Thank you Kara and crew for this fantastic mod!   

Any plans to release the Galactica and Pegasus or other CAP ships?

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
At the moment we have a vague plan to centre each major release around a battlestar. Since we have at least two more we've shown you pictures of, you can start fighting amongst yourselves about which one we're using for R2. :D

Oh BTW, get used to us talking a lot more. We're done flying under the radar now. :D

At the moment we have a vague plan to centre each major release around a battlestar. Since we have at least two more we've shown you pictures of, you can start fighting amongst yourselves about which one we're using for R2. :D

Oh BTW, get used to us talking a lot more. We're done flying under the radar now. :D
Thanks Kara =)

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Since we have at least two more we've shown you pictures of, you can start fighting amongst yourselves about which one we're using for R2. :D
LOTS OF SPECULATION FOR EVERYONE
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline newman

Those with either a good memory or good old post digging skills will know what battlestar is getting introduced next. At least until we do a dev blog post about it.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline Something

• Will Voice act for any mod
I hope R2 comes out soon, I loved the chaotic, messy, scary, *glorious* dogfights. It was just too gorram short. Great job all around although the lack of voice acting during briefing is odd (and no, it's not because of the memory bug you guys have talked about, I got the lack of VA for briefings the first time I played.)
Done voice work for :
TBP Relic mini-campaign - Released
Warzone Campaign
Olympus Burning

Offline Echelon9

I hope R2 comes out soon, I loved the chaotic, messy, scary, *glorious* dogfights. It was just too gorram short. Great job all around although the lack of voice acting during briefing is odd (and no, it's not because of the memory bug you guys have talked about, I got the lack of VA for briefings the first time I played.)

Thanks for the compliments.
On the VA issue, do you mean to say that you heard no VA, ever? Because the VA bug will mean you will hear it for, say, the first 3 missions, then no longer if you play in one sitting.