Author Topic: [RELEASE] Diaspora: Shattered Armistice v1.0 (Windows, Mac & Linux)  (Read 854768 times)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Re: [RELEASE] Diaspora: Shattered Armistice
Aether:

That's not remotely helpful at all, sorry. Problems center entirely around the hit/no-hit spewing out falsehoods left and right on where you can strike from. (Which is I suppose easily written off the first time as bad intel/interp, but something tells me it ain't going to change after the first time.) Even from inside the arms and nearly perpendicular the effectiveness of KEW fire on the launchers seems semi-random, and the effectiveness of missiles even more so.

And the main-body ones are fraking magical. I know they can be damaged, because I've seen them drop a percent on occasion and I hit one with a missile once,  but I have yet to reliably establish from what angles. Everything from straight perpendicular to grazing gives a "you can hit me" but none of them actually appear to work.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Sorry life, you are postponed till further notice.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Who cares about my thesis anyway? ON PAUSE, LETS PLAY THIS THING. Congrats to the Diaspora team for the release.
Special congrats to Karajorma and FUBAR because these two have a special place in my HLP history (and the PM folder) :-)

Spread the word.

EDIT: Done.
EDIT2: Yeah, first crash. During the first real mission, game frooze during myself shooting at Raiders. Looks like the build is still a bit buggy after all. (Status -1073741819 to be precise)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 12:04:15 pm by Vidmaster »
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline newman

hi gents quick question .. the game is refusing to recognize(wx launcher sees it and i can calibrate from there) my joystick saitek x-52 pro ingame when i try to bind a button it just shows a flashing question mark at the bottom ... is this me ? am a being a retard ;;; actually dont answer that... but any suggestions would be good

Andi

That's weird, I'm sure one of our team members mentioned he had an X-52 Pro (or was it the non-pro version? I forget) and it worked with Diaspora. Tell me though, does the X-52 Pro declare the stick and throttle to windows as two separate devices or as a single one? I have a Logitech G940 and it declares itself to Windows as three separate devices, which means it's a royal ***** to get it to work right with anything fs2_open related, you need to switch driver signing off in windows to use ppjoy which then creates one virtual device from the three declared to windows. Then it's the fun process of guessing what virtual axis to assign to real ones so the game recognizes it.. Anyway that's probably not what your problem is..
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline torc

• Diaspora SFX engineer
no , the X52 pro is recognized as just one device...really strange.

Listen: do you have the proper Saitek drivers  installed? you could always bind the button whit the Saitek programming software.
indossare una divisa può avere un prezzo alto...ma a volte...è troppo alto!!! Bill Adama

Offline newman

Aether:

That's not remotely helpful at all, sorry. Problems center entirely around the hit/no-hit spewing out falsehoods left and right on where you can strike from. (Which is I suppose easily written off the first time as bad intel/interp, but something tells me it ain't going to change after the first time.) Even from inside the arms and nearly perpendicular the effectiveness of KEW fire on the launchers seems semi-random, and the effectiveness of missiles even more so.

And the main-body ones are fraking magical. I know they can be damaged, because I've seen them drop a percent on occasion and I hit one with a missile once,  but I have yet to reliably establish from what angles. Everything from straight perpendicular to grazing gives a "you can hit me" but none of them actually appear to work.

I used to miss the turrets with missile fire as well until I started firing at them exclusively from "above"; I make my angle of attack at close to 90 degrees towards the turret on the arm. Also, range is a factor - you don't want to be too close as you need to allow the missile enough space to track to the target. Not dying from the explosion is a bonus too. You probably don't want to be too far either - say a range of 300-500 would probably work great. Employing that tactic, I've never missed a turret since. Not sure what you mean by "main body turrets" - there aren't any in the core of the ship, just on the arms. Unless you meant the subsystems (FTL, comms, etc)?

Oh, and I wouldn't waste KEW ammo on turrets unless they're already very near death - it'll take way too long, cost too much ammo, and make you a sitting duck while you're at it. A single AGM in "death from (directly) above" mode does the trick nicely.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 12:07:24 pm by newman »
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
no , the X52 pro is recognized as just one device...really strange.

Listen: do you have the proper Saitek drivers  installed? you could always bind the button whit the Saitek programming software.

yes i have the proper drivers installed ; (if i copy a basic fs player across the buttons i have bound do work its just when the game finds an unbound button im fuxoured)  is there a list floating around somewhere  with what all the defaults are and also what ones "Diaspora " uses most ? cheers gents

Andi
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline newman

yes i have the proper drivers installed ; (if i copy a basic fs player across the buttons i have bound do work its just when the game finds an unbound button im fuxoured)  is there a list floating around somewhere  with what all the defaults are and also what ones "Diaspora " uses most ? cheers gents

Andi

Well, if all else fails you could try removing your drivers, letting windows use their default ones, and seeing if the game works with that. Not an optimal solution, though, there's bound to be a better way.

Offline crizza

Uh, what does this mean:

Malloc Failed!

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
It means the game ran out of memory. How much do you have?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Nighteyes

Aether:

KEW fire isn't supposed to be effective against huge ships such as baseships(this isn't FreeSpace), you are hitting the subsystems, but you won't do much damage to them this way.
to take out subsystems you should use heavy duty missiles, 1 AGM-41 should do the trick for most subsystems, while anti fighter missiles on the other hand won't be effective.

to keep it simple, conserve your KEW ammo for raiders and heavy raiders :)

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
What do you mean ? wx is supposed to be equivalent to 5.5g, have you added some Diaspora-specific functionalities to yours ?

Yes, and when you run Launcher 5.5 how does it know to set up the correct lighting presets?
:wtf: wat

Do I look noob to you ? I know how to enter lighting presets into a command line bar, thankyouverymuch.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Nothing prevents you to use the 5.5g launcher instead. Diaspora builds are still FSO builds.

Nothing except the fact you'll end up with completely the wrong settings for everything if you're not careful. :p
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic

Well, if all else fails you could try removing your drivers, letting windows use their default ones, and seeing if the game works with that. Not an optimal solution, though, there's bound to be a better way.

that is going to be a bit of a PITA; is there any other ideas as this controller works ok in FS; TBP and even wing commander ... could this be a wx launcher issue ?

any ideas would be great

Andi

big edit ....

wx launcher is the issue ; but if i force my controller as the preferred one in windows (although its the only one plugged in ) then it works
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 02:18:18 pm by captain-custard »
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline crizza

It means the game ran out of memory. How much do you have?
Something about 3 or 4gb,after restarting it worked again.

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
Huge congratulations to the team for getting a real quality product out! Sharing it around now...

Pilots: please don't forget to always save Obit.  Obit is your friend.

Offline Demitri

Congratulations guys. Downloading as I type. And only a couple of days after I ordered the complete blu ray boxset from amazon. You guys thought of everything! :yes:
"Brothers and sisters are natural enemies!
Like Englishmen and Scots!
Or Welshmen and Scots!
Or Japanese and Scots!
Or Scots and other Scots!
Damn Scots! They ruined Scotland!" - Groundskeeper Willie

Congratulations on finally releasing! Just went through the first few missions, and must say that I'm quite impressed with the level of polish and the overall feel thus far.   :yes:

Offline Madcat

Hell yeah, after years of checking the site everyday suddenly it's here! Almost couldn't believe my eyes!

Big congrats to the team, I'm looking forward to finally get to fly a Viper and use my TrackIr system I bought so long ago in anticipation. You all rule!

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
Mien God
It's out!??!

Frak.
yes.