Author Topic: [RELEASE] Shattered Armistice Official Game Soundtrack  (Read 49384 times)

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
[RELEASE] Shattered Armistice Official Game Soundtrack

We are proud to release along the official soundtrack for Diaspora's first release: Shattered Armistice. Composed by Philippe "Phrey" Rey, Peter "Flipside" Dibble, and Olivier "Max" Zuccaro the soundtrack for our first episodic release is inspired by the first season and miniseries of Battlestar Galactica.

Some twists on familiar themes are present, but we all wanted an original score to tell the story of the Theseus and her crew.

Music in game is dynamic, so the OST has the tracks remastered for listening.

Disc 1 includes music from cutscenes and more or less follows the narrative of the overall campaign.

Disc 2 includes additional combat music used in multiplayer, and event driven music not directly tied to the campaign storyline.

Diaspora R1 OST torrent:
http://diaspora.fs2downloads.com/Diaspora_R1_OST.torrent

Diaspora R1 OST Disc 2 torrent:
http://diaspora.fs2downloads.com/Diaspora_R1_OST_Disc_2.torrent

Diaspora OST on our Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3csiCBAw2o&list=PLCAFC6B5F8478F893&feature=plpp_play_all

OGG downloads

Currently the OST is in high resolution .ogg. If there is interest .flac versions may be released in the future.

We also wish to acknowledge the work done by Bear McCreary, Richard Gibbs, and Stu Phillips which inspired the music for Diaspora.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2022, 09:41:32 pm by karajorma »
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
  • Let me tilerape it for you!
    • Steam
Re: [RELEASE] Shattered Armistice Official Game Soundtrack
Are ppl allowed to upload those to YouTube or is this right reserved for Diaspora Team?
Oh guys, use that [ url ][ img ][ /img ][ /url ] :/

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
We are going to upload them to youtube down the road on the diasporagame channel.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 04:40:34 am by Ace »
Ace
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
To be honest, I'd be happier if they were just on the DiasporaGame channel.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Not sure if this is the correct place to express interest, but I'd love a FLAC version if you're considering releasing one.

Offline PhRey

• Composer
    • Ph.Rey Music
I'm scared because the music has been uploaded a hundred times last week on Soundcloud (don't know for the torrent), and 150 times just for today ! (and the day is not over)
Maybe a link posted on a very frequented website... Soundcloud admin is really going to hate me this time...
Anyway, this is rather cool ;o)

Also i had some compliment concerning the tracks from Peter Dibble & Olivier Zuccaro.

However Bear hasn't phoned me yet guys...
Soon...

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
You deserve the attention, the game wouldn't have been the same without your contributions.  :cool:

Offline torc

• Diaspora SFX engineer
not only a good composer, but also a very competent and available guy :)
indossare una divisa può avere un prezzo alto...ma a volte...è troppo alto!!! Bill Adama

Offline PhRey

• Composer
    • Ph.Rey Music
Thanks ;o)

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
This is truly excellent work; thank you, Sir!

On a side note, I'm just wondering if MaX's work will be featured in R2? I really enjoyed his work done for BtRL - being curious (via prying open the BtRL root.vp), I also found it interesting that the official soundtrack for BtRL did not feature all the in-game music as supplied in the demo. Was there any particular reason for that?
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Hey guys, you got some credits wrong on "disc 2 soundtrack",  03-legend of minos (the first 50 secs), 04-needs backup, and 06-one man down were actually composed by me! ^_^
i don't mind really but...i should be listed in the credits at least.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Yet again more proof of why more use of Mantis was required!

I knew you did something for this project Skull, but I couldn't remember what, or if we ever used it.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Yet again more proof of why more use of Mantis was required!

I agree! ^_^

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
We can update the credits and music tracks on the OST. I'll need your full name though since I don't think it's currently in there.
Ace
-Alfred Hitchcock

We can update the credits and music tracks on the OST. I'll need your full name though since I don't think it's currently in there.

Ok! :p
my full name is Alex Cortés.

Offline NoSpin

Honestly, the soundtrack couldn't be any more perfect. So many times VG soundtracks (for film and TV properties) get half assed, especially since nobody ever pays the original composers to come back. Not only does this SOUND like Bear McCreary, it sounds like he wrote it specifically for the game. And it just doesn't get any better than that. Some studios should be paying the composers of Diaspora A LOT of money to do this for them.

Has anybody tweeted this to Bear yet?

Offline Aether

The only thing about Diaspora that has gotten the most compliments apart from the very game itself has been the soundtrack.

Of all the reviews I've read, at least 80% make a special commendation for the original music!

Pat yourselves on the back ;)
So say we all!

Offline Nergal

Very cool soundtrack. There are some tracks in this that I could listen to for hours on end, like "Theseus" and "Triumph at Great Cost". Kudos to the composers!

Offline PhRey

• Composer
    • Ph.Rey Music

Ok! :p
my full name is Alex Cortés.
Updated on SOundCloud : http://soundcloud.com/phreymusic/sets/diaspora-shattered-armistice-disc2/