Author Topic: Split from: Is there a way to shut off auto roll and auto aim?  (Read 2123 times)

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Split from: Is there a way to shut off auto roll and auto aim?
Matth is very fond of reminding us all he plays on insane in every single post he makes
Well EXCUSE ME for not enjoying to play with cheats :p
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 06:00:29 am by newman »
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline newman

Re: Re: Is there a way to shut off auto roll and auto aim?
And, ladies and gentlemen, as further evidence of Matth's awesome skills (because I know you care), in his book cheating = playing on anything below insane. Because he's just that awesome. Seriously Matth, we get it, give it a rest already.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
MatthTheGeek, remember also that FSO has had table options to adjust or remove the difficulty related cheats such as limits on number of attackers for years, many are as old as 3.6.10, and Diaspora uses these features heavily looking at the tables.  also remember "cheating" if you are desperate to call it that is playing below the difficulty the team intended for the mod to be played at, but even then some people just want to play the game and have fun and if they find themselves restarting too often for their tastes then thats cool, because, you know, the game is there to be experienced however the player is comfortable.
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
As a modder you should know that every difficulty below Insane gives the player magic cheat buffs regarding damage, resistance, energy replenishment (in Diaspora translates only in faster burner recharge) and number of enemies that can target you, among other things. Plus autoaim, in Diaspora.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 05:51:19 am by MatthTheGeek »
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Alex Heartnet

• Loli with a hammer
    • Minecraft
The lowest difficulty setting gives you a more generous auto-aim then the one just above it.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
As a modder you should know that every difficulty below Insane gives the player magic cheat buffs reguarding damage, resistance, energy replenishment (in Diaspora translates only in faster burner recharge) and number of enemies that can target you, among other things. Plus autoaim, in Diaspora.

Remember there is more than the severa tables at play here, if the game is balanced for say medium meaning that there is a 16 turret per ship target limit and that number of turrets are fairly deadly vs the player then the average hour or two several nights a week player is not going to cope with insane because they have other things to do with their lives than play games, let alone get good at just 1 game.
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Matth's correct. Anything other than insane, basically = cheating.
Unless that mod has specifically made sure all difficulties are identical (there are a couple).
And yes. More people should play on/design for that difficulty.
Saying it's "designed for medium" just = lazy modding.
"Neutrality means that you don't really care, cuz the struggle goes on even when you're not there: Blind and unaware."

"We still believe in all the things that we stood by before,
and after everything we've seen here maybe even more.
I know we're not the only ones, and we were not the first,
and unapologetically we'll stand behind each word."

Offline newman

As a modder you should know that every difficulty below Insane gives the player magic cheat buffs reguarding damage, resistance, energy replenishment (in Diaspora translates only in faster burner recharge) and number of enemies that can target you, among other things. Plus autoaim, in Diaspora.

I really don't need you to teach me about a game I spent years working on. The point wasn't that there's anything wrong about playing in insane, it's just that you keep remind us you do so every chance you get and it's becoming tiresome.

Saying it's "designed for medium" just = lazy modding.

Nobody is saying that, though. The game has difficulty settings to accommodate players of different skill levels. Making the game only work right on insane is a great way to diminish your player base. Which is why we have the easy settings that have autoaim and don't really require you to land in a proper way. AI difficulty varies as well, Sushi worked wonders with that. I wouldn't call any of the difficulty levels as actually cheating, as there is absolutely no way to determine what's realistic and what isn't in a made up space fighter that belongs in a made up universe. Difficulty levels have a function which they serve well, and everyone is more than welcome to play any difficulty they choose.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 05:55:52 am by newman »
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

BEING NEW OR INEXPERIENCED ISN'T ALLOWED EVERYONE HAS TO ENJOY PLAYING MISSIONS THROUGH TWENTY TIMES OR THEY'RE A DIRTY CHEATING NOOB
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline newman

Re: Split from: Is there a way to shut off auto roll and auto aim?
Split locked as it doesn't really serve to answer the original question.