Author Topic: Visual artifacts when pressing Esc. in results screen and glitchy Sathanas rende  (Read 1498 times)

Offline cluckay

Visual artifacts when pressing Esc. in results screen and glitchy Sathanas rende
As the title suggests, I'm having visual artifacts when pressing Esc. in results screen and glitchy Sathanas rendering in the mission "Straight, No Chaser".

I played through the mission "Straight, No Chaser" with no problems until the end when the multiple Juggernauts jumped in. For whatever reason, the beam cannons would render at the 4 corners of my screen, but disappear when when I turn around to check if a Sathanas actually did jump behind me. I then suddenly got clipped INSIDE of a Sathanas.

[attachment kidnapped by pirates]

Offline DahBlount

• Alpine ☆ Cancer Tribulation
    • Minecraft
Re: Visual artifacts when pressing Esc. in results screen and glitchy Sathanas rende
You're using an integrated Intel card. These have limited support for opengl and its features. I believe you can update your drivers and if so, you should.

If not what I would do is remove:
Code: [Select]
-no_glsl
-post_process

Then check the disable normal map option in the launcher.

The artifacts are just a random occurrence that happen when ESC is pressed. You can simply ignore it as it goes away when ESC is pressed again or a menu button is pressed.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 07:35:51 am by DahBlount »
<Axem> yet still more insightful than #hard-light

<Axem> jad2.23 will just be cat videos

<DahBlount> So
<DahBlount> JAD2.2 is like that
<Axem> maybe
<Axem> it can be whatever you like!
<DahBlount> A Chocolate Sundae?
<Axem> sure

My models: GTF Gilgamesh - GTD Nuadha [Redesigning] - Ningirama [WIP] - GTG Zephyrus

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: Visual artifacts when pressing Esc. in results screen and glitchy Sathanas rende
Removing -no_glsl is going to turn on features, not turn them off.

Offline DahBlount

• Minecraft
Yes, however the drivers shown in the log enable framebuffers (Engine distort and FB explosions), so all that needs to be turned off are the normal map and post-processing features for everything else to work properly.

<DahBlount> So
<Axem> maybe
<Axem> sure

My models: GTF Gilgamesh - GTD Nuadha [Redesigning] - Ningirama [WIP] - GTG Zephyrus

Offline cluckay

You're using an integrated Intel card. These have limited support for opengl and its features. I believe you can update your drivers and if so, you should.

If not what I would do is remove:
Code: [Select]
-no_glsl
-post_process

Then check the disable normal map option in the launcher.

The artifacts are just a random occurrence that happen when ESC is pressed. You can simply ignore it as it goes away when ESC is pressed again or a menu button is pressed.

Removing -no_glsl is going to turn on features, not turn them off.

Having "-no_glsl" disabled will cause me to crash, as seen here
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=87870.0

Also, my drivers are current.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 06:36:20 pm by cluckay »

Offline DahBlount

• Minecraft
Really? Well, keep no_glsl on then. Just more stuff for me to add to my Intel card Info log.

<DahBlount> So
<Axem> maybe
<Axem> sure