Author Topic: Some more highlights  (Read 28104 times)

Offline Aadarsh

• 2-∞ - User does not compute
I've noticed an increase in the number of ships reported MIA recently.  Freighters, transports, and cruisers -- mostly cruisers -- just up and vanish.  No sign of the crew; no sign of the vessel; no debris.  Missing ships are nothing new; space is pretty big, after all.  But this sort of thing makes me wonder.  Does the GTI have its fingers in this?

Maybe the Shivans are eating them.  Maybe they're abducting the crew and looking for cattle to mutilate.  I've heard worse....

I've come to realize that there's no such thing as a conspiracy.  At least, not in the way people usually think of it.  It's merely an emergent behavior, caused when enough people who are out for money or power or prestige get together and start collaborating.  The corrupt soldier wants more stuff to blow up; the corrupt politician wants more power; the corrupt economist wants more money.  When they act on their own, they seldom get very far.  But when their interests intersect, you'd better watch out.  I doubt everybody in the GTI is out for the same thing; they just see it as a convenient means to further their own goals.

Maybe the Hammer of Light is right -- maybe we do deserve the Shivans.  None of us would care to be blasted back to the Stone Age, but then again there wouldn't be universal surveillance, mandatory military service, or the income tax to worry about.

And on that cheery note, I've decided to pass the point of no return.  I'm transmitting classified information over the holonet.

We've been incredibly busy over the past week or so; the GTI is ramping up for a major operation against the Shivans in Antares, involving all three branches of the organization.  Naturally, I can't give away much about what I know if I want to remain anonymous.  On the plus side, people who are busy are careless, and thanks to someone's inattention I was able to swipe the above image.  It's only a thumbnail, but it looks mighty interesting.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Level Omega...Aadarsh has some nads posting this shot.  Just wish it was big enough to read some of that text.

Offline Nuclear1

Well, it's not a ZIP file contained in the photo this time.  Just tried that.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Note the url of the image - blueprints-thumb.png. Its a thumbnail?
There must be a full one somewhere.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline McMad

look carefully at the background. It looks like there's a message hidden there. Its totally black at the edges but it's got fuzzy marks in the middle.

Offline Droid803

I see it.
There's text there, but its written...backwards (the font is backwards too) I can't make heads or tails of it.

EDIT:
I got a part of it.
The first line reads:

"God Of Ohio State"
Wikipedia:
"With God, all things are possible" is the state motto of the U.S. state of Ohio. It is derived from the Gospel of Matthew, Chapter 19, Verse 26.

Here is the modified image. I can't readt eh rest of it...though I can make out "BEGIN DGP PRIVATE KEY BLOCK", and the last iline is "END DGP PRIVATE KEY BLOCK"
The rest appear to be some sort of hexidecimal, but I don't have the time to put the stuff into a hex editor...also, tehre has to be a better way of reading this.

I hope I don't get BANNED for this.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 03:18:21 pm by Droid803 »
(´・ω・`)

Offline McMad

Maybe the rest is in code or just a password? It sure doesn't look like it makes sense.

Edit: looks like you edited it again while I posted this. Whoops.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 03:01:02 pm by McMad »

Offline Droid803

Ok, this is what I make of it:

The code is probably the encrypted password, whereas "God of Ohio State" may possibly be the login.
Someone should try running this process with the other image we have - teh Shivans one in the archive and see what comes out.
Those have to have some sort of relevance along with the Einstien's modified orders -why else would Aadarsh attach it?
(´・ω・`)

Offline Nuclear1

Chapter 19, Verse 26.

Now look at Aadarsh's post dates:
November 05, 1926, 02:34:55

Coincidence?

I think we need to run with the post dates, in order to get the Gateway number for the Holonet.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.

Offline Droid803

I did some research on the PRIVATE KEY BLOCK thing.
While the picture clearly shoud DPG KEY BLOCK, tehre is something in real life known as GPG:

http://aplawrence.com/Basics/gpg.html

from that website, I get this:
Code: [Select]
-----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: For info see http://www.gnupg.org

mQGiBDv2vMARBACPHwe3BXmJXF5dvXxGEuxYIbYoY2naOmaArFsv1Pgl3GqhhAP7
GTGvN4A4Xo80S8i8mrSsseHE/RD7F2PS045dzP/LbDcI7EqnfU2BDoIfEmTsTupl
BKjOJUh7luhFbj2gdpbmmTUD/1BBKd42pIk/GPUcynMS9TG4kUyB6UdtRF7NydYP
o4T+0fIY8mbh5VRigoVVsukX8xuI+QaS5iB/D4j36+zk/iRy171dY43OuwCgm6rQ
a8vmmGDyCCUWFX0PVlQn5MMf97GadIAGgh1pdD7bMfB4FI84TyhNHuBDTCn0Ysff
not_a_public_key_but_other_than_this_line_it_looks_like_this_xxx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-----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----

Probably worth a read.

EDIT:

Another, probably more useful website:
http://oregonstate.edu/cws/help/gpg_encryption_php
(´・ω・`)

Offline Nuclear1

If someone can supply the text, I can probably get it decrypted.  I'm getting a headache trying to read all that text in the picture's background, though.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
That's what I get for keeping my monitor's brightness setting at 0.  I didn't even notice those fuzzy patches. :p I think you're really on to something with the year, nuclear.

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Quote from: GalEmp
Speaking of Engrish...

Showing the background of the color where start confidence flows in excess the start which leaves. That begins the blurry and source of the clear color isn.t immediately. Confidence follows because of shortage between, as music making. Simultaneously, the color which flows compared to increases speed starts becoming clearly. Way confidence stops, music silence, and it makes clear pulling the camera, it is damaged directly and and makes the thruster of the bomber of the Terran discharge.

Pace of semi- frenzy being strong, you kick music for the second time. The boat to be hurt harshly, the operator almost in panic the hyperventilating. In order to make the painful brain signal, but the He.s which is tried that comm and the he.s therefore you take and queer the he.s which is disturbed you speak word you are impaired closely. The eyed he.s helmeted which as for that close-up surface show thing sweats, is wide.

Operator: [ Panting ] God of Ohio state, the they.re which follows to me! Mayday! Mayday! The heavy damage where this was taken the lieutenant junior grade of gamma of the wing of patrol of the Terran which requires 3 niner. immediately fighter plane covers is reported to be, Ash rescue comes anyone!

Hmmm....
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Droid803

Is that from the FS Reference bible, shoved through a ****ty translator and back again?

EDIT;
Yes, it is this:

Quote from: FSReference Bible
Starts off showing opening credits over a flowing color background.  It starts blurry, and the source of the color isn’t immediately apparent.  The credits continue for a short while as the music builds.  At the same time, the flowing colors start speeding up and becoming more clear.  As the credits stop, the music hushes, then the camera pulls back quickly, revealing the damaged & sputtering thruster of a Terran bomber.

The music kicks in strong again, with a frantic pace.  The ship is severely damaged, and the pilot is nearly hyperventilating in panic.  He’s attempting to make a distress signal, but his comm is damaged and he’s so upset he’s talking near-gibberish. Closeups of his helmeted face show that he’s sweating and wide-eyed.

Pilot:  [panting]  Oh god, they’re following me!… Mayday!  Mayday!  This is Lieutenant Ash on Terran patrol wing Gamma… three niner… reporting… taken heavy damage… requesting immediate fighter cover and rescue… come in, anybody!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 04:31:29 pm by Droid803 »
(´・ω・`)

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
Got most of it to show up pretty clearly.  Hard to read in some places though.

EDIT: The secret text appears to avoid the text boxes altogether.  Not sure about the GTI logo though.

EDIT2: It looks like there is text across the GTI logo.  Here's a higher contrast version of the rest:

« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 04:38:37 pm by blowfish »

Offline Droid803

*squints* so...dark...
Well, alright. We have the entire thing now, except for what is behing the GTI logo...nuclear1, any hope of decryption form what we've got here?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 04:44:38 pm by Droid803 »
(´・ω・`)

Offline Nuclear1

Working on it right now, have to copy all the characters manually.

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
If it helps any, the red channel is by far the clearest in the image.

Some characters are still a tad bit garbled...
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
Still impossible to read the text across the GTI logo...

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Useless comment:

God of Ohio state reminds me of the Engrish FS1 Intro thing more than anything else.