Author Topic: Faustus & Chronos Differences for TVWP (& ST:R Too)?  (Read 7090 times)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Faustus & Chronos Differences for TVWP (& ST:R Too)?
So I've been playing this campaign (finally) and I've noticed a few Retail ships that are used in this.  To improve the visuals, I managed to import Elysium from the FS2 MVPs (though I deleted the turret data and turret submodel data to match the tables, which debug complains about), and I see that the Chronos and Faustus are both used as well.  I was hoping to import the pair into the game, but I figured that I'd ask ahead of time, if there are any mod-specific changes to either model (like dockpoints or paths or something) that might make a difference.

While I'm on the subject, I know that some of you (team members) here are part of the ST:R team and might be able to fill me in on what differences there are between the retail/Hi-Poly Faustus and the Faustus from ST:R, so I can perform a similar import-&-modify action and add some eye-candy.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Solatar

Re: Faustus & Chronos Differences for TVWP (& ST:R Too)?
I'm not a member of the ST:R team, but IIRC their version of the Faustus (even the retail compatible one) has another dockpoint added to allow Things to Happen to It(R) in He Who Rides the Tiger.  It still retains compatibility with other mods, since the addition of an unused docking point in the model shouldn't break anything.

Go for it. If there are any problems, you'll find out.  :P

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Is that the ONLY change?

Offline Solatar

You'll have to wait and see if somebody who knows for sure comes along and answers.  Although it shouldn't be too difficult to open up PCS2 and just check real quick.  Make sure the paths are the same, etc.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
If it's in the MediaVPs it's designed to be used interchangeably with the retail model. Aside from the obvious geometry editing, there's some new dockpoints added specifically for ST:R, and the Faustus' bay path has been lengthened to go to the bay modeled in the side.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I figured that I should ask, since TVWP did include the science cruiser model itself in the mod, rather than simply relying on it being loaded from the retail VPs.  It occurred to me that perhaps there were some minor but important changes between the retail model and the TVWP one.  As for the Chronos... well, since that isn't part of the Retail VPs, then its logical to include it, but I figured I'd save a bit of time and ask.

Thanks.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
How did I miss this thread?  It's marked as unread for me, and I can't believe I've not looked at this board since 2010...

I have no idea why the Faustus is in there, but there aren't any differences that I recall.