Author Topic: Foxdie's Fan Art  (Read 12006 times)

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Digging up some of the notes for some of the VAs, quite a bit of this of course never shows up in the campaign:

CAG: Major Anise "Harridan" Zhou
The Theseus' CAG, Zhou is respected by her fellow officers and crew. Considered a "soft touch" on all but a few issues, she is also known for her unorthodox approaches to problems. Born and raised on Aerelon, Zhou entered the military as one of the few routes to escape from the dolldrums of her hometown of two hundred people. Zhou strictly regulates drinking off duty, primarily due to the accidental death of several friends before she joined the military.

Lieutenant Leon "Obit" Mondale
A young pilot fresh from training on Libris, Leon Mondale has joined the Colonial Fleet Reserves eager to earn a living which will be used to pay for medical school on Tauron. Mondale has befriended several of the Saggitaron snipes aboard the Theseus, earning some ridicule from other pilots about the "would be doctor talking to dirt worshippers." Mondale's wishes however are to open a practice on Saggitaron incorporating local practices with modern Colonial medicine.

Lieutenant Andrew "Hammer" Holtz
A sagittarion, Holtz has been assigned to recon Raptor duty since entering the service four years ago. While a ECO, he has been passed over for promotion due to his laid back attitude. Holtz's term of duty will be over once the Theseus finishes her scheduled refit and has made plans to marry his sweetheart back home and begin work with his family's construction firm which has been renovating the business district of Tauron's capital. Holtz takes the news of the destruction of the Colonies hard, and fills with determination to strike back at the Cylons for what he has lost.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 07:27:32 pm by Ace »
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

When I did the VA for Orphan, I got a pretty good character bio from the team. While it did little to describe the character physically (most pilots were means to be open to either gender), it did give me a good sense of the pilot's personality.  It may help if foxdie had access to those.

Actually that would be very helpfull :D

Digging up some of the notes for some of the VAs, quite a bit of this of course never shows up in the campaign:

CAG: Major Anita "Harridan" Zhou

Is that Anita or Anise?

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
I have a mental image of Lizard laughing maniacally as a fellow pilot trips on the bulkhead door.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Edited the post. It was originally Anita and was changed (don't remember why actually).
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I remember there being a reason at the time. I don't remember what it was though.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Aether

That is incredible! I would honestly love to see this become a feature of Diaspora!

Love the way the Briefing can be seen on her face too ;)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 10:46:03 pm by Aether »
So say we all!

Offline crizza

Not sure, but isn't that the map of the BSG browser game in the backround?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Not sure, but isn't that the map of the BSG browser game in the backround?

Have you, you know. Played Diaspora? Or, like, any other FSO based game?
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
No no, he means the red thing on the right, not the briefing screen on the left. It is indeed the BGO map.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I retract my previous comment.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline crizza

How...nice of you The E :rolleyes:

So, there are no infringements concerning the rights for the BGO map?

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
It would probably be better if that part of the pic didn't end up in Diaspora. Especially since BGO is explicitly non-canon.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline crizza

So what about a map of the colonies and known engagements untill every mission?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
It would probably be better if that part of the pic didn't end up in Diaspora. Especially since BGO is explicitly non-canon.

As fan art, it's a nice nod to the BSGO team. But if we drag Foxdie onto the team, then yeah it should be changed.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

I personally would love to see such art in the briefings somehow. Like in the corner where the anis go, all in some sort of ken burn's type pan?  Would make for a very stylized yet effective visual aid.  Just a thought.

Or better yet, and much more doable,  how about just a cutsceene or two in that fashion?  It would be a great way to meet the characters, see the inside of the ship, get the player more involved.  Also would add the the dramatic tension when the ship actually does blowup. :) You know, ace combat 4 style.

If I have one problem with wc saga (and it's a real nitpick too, that doesn't really effect how I enjoy the game)  is that they chose to do much of that character development in mission which would essentially stop the action while the characters unmilitariisticaly flooded the comms with expository dialog.  Cutsceens are a much better place for that.

A player can suspend their disbelief for a little bit.  For instance I don't recall Lt Gaida, Dee or Adama, being all that vocal over the comm in the show as much as that bridge officer on the Theseus. :) Unless they were giving orders directly to the pilots. But for the sake of the game, what are you going to do?  Just don't let it stop the action.  (Imagining Lee Adama when the Pegasus blew: if it were a fs2 game, he would go on the horn lamenting the world as the ship came down around his ears rather then try to get off himself)

What is the Theseus bridge officer's rank anyway? Is he the comm officer? sounds to me like he makes many of the decisions. But then I wonder the same thing about the fs1/fs2 commander guys. Most of this is all fridge logic anyway.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 10:37:20 am by Darklord42 »

Speaking of maps, does the Diaspora team treat this map as cannon?

As far as I am concerned, this is the closest thing to cannon as anyone's going to get.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 01:55:25 pm by Dirt McStain »

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
Foxdie: great work there, keep it up.

@ Dirt McStain: People with smaller Displays would probably be grateful if you would use for images.

Speaking of maps, does the Diaspora team treat this map as cannon?

As far as I am concerned, this is the closest thing to cannon as anyone's going to get.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 01:56:59 pm by Angelus »

Canon, people.  Canon. :P
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems