Author Topic: Custom missions, where to download...  (Read 6777 times)

Offline trinijoy

• Wing Commander is great!
Re: Custom missions, where to download...
Great wonderful, I got the VP extractor, extract the core files and found ships.tbl, and i can put the files back correctly.  Thanks for the help!!
"If you want to test a man's character, give him power."
-- Abe Lincoln

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
You can simply put it into data\tables.
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline trinijoy

You mean I can integrate it into MySql?  You talking about the VP file or the Ship file?
-- Abe Lincoln

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Nonono. This has got nothing to do with mySQL, or databases.

What Tolwyn meant was, instead of extracting ships.tbl, editing it, and then putting it back into the vp, you can just create a folder called "tables" in your <WCS directory>\data\ directory, and save the modified .tbl there.
This will automatically override the ships.tbl in the WCS vp, while still keeping that vp intact.
Altering vps is a really, really bad idea, since it creates support nightmares when something goes wrong (and, unless you really know what you are doing, something will).

The correct way to do this would be to create a new folder in your main WCS directory, call it "trinijoys_mod" or whatever, create a "data" folder in there, and a "tables" directory in THAT, and then put your altered table in that.
Then open the Launcher, select the "Mod" tab, click on the "Select Mod"-button, and select your mod directory.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline trinijoy

Ahh okay thanks you.
-- Abe Lincoln

Offline trinijoy

for some reason i have no weapos flying as the enemy ships.  Same if I have wingmen as the enemy ships.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 09:09:39 pm by trinijoy »
-- Abe Lincoln

to answer the autopilot question once more - it's hrdcoded in the 3.6.10 build(at least RC2), so you might consider using it instead of going through scripting in erlier builds, you'll just need to put .exe from new build in your wcsaga folder and use it instead wcsaga.exe

Offline trinijoy

I got the NAV point to work, in the scripting.  But when I go to autopilot to it my ship just keeps constantly pulls up and doesn't auto to it.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 11:46:37 am by trinijoy »
-- Abe Lincoln

Offline trinijoy

I am sorry if I am being annoying with this guys, but I can't figure out why the autopilot is not working.  The ship just goes around in circles and doesn't go to the nav.  I have looked at other missions and I seem to have it set up right.  PLease help.
-- Abe Lincoln

Offline trinijoy

Nevermind I got it to work!! I didn't know about the "Use autopilot Cinematics" in the options!!  Anything else I should know about???
-- Abe Lincoln

Offline Aginor

• Spelljammer
Just go on and try something more difficult. Just play around with it. It is really nice to see someone learning to FRED missions for Saga.

BUT
SAVE REGULARLY! And with different names ,so you don't destroy your missions (can happen).

And  then: Post your missions, so we can try them, too.  :D
Member of the Scooby Doo model Fanclub "verticies and splines are the medium and he is the artist."