Author Topic: Just Another Troubleshooting Thread  (Read 142893 times)

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Re: Just Another Troubleshooting Thread
It's this branch, based on 3.7.5 and yes it seems to include that commit.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Disable batched model rendering
  Disable geometry shader for effects

These options didn't work, both seperately and together. But i'm glad i was able to play without anymore issue. Thank you for your help.

Offline m!m

It's this branch, based on 3.7.5 and yes it seems to include that commit.
:hopping: Damn you Windows registry! I'll submit a PR later today that restores the old behavior and adds a launcher option that allows to switch to the other behavior. That will be enough for the 3.7.4 release and when antipodes gets merged these issues will not be present anymore.

Offline Boyos

• Steam
I'm encountering a problem with the Xtreme Arcade in the latest version (April 1st) of JAD,

the first dialog box in a mission doesn't show the options to click on (clicking where they should be also doesn't do anything), in the hub I can get around this by cycling targets and then the options show up fine, but in an actual mission I just get stuck in a dialog box with no options and have to quit, restarting the mission/game doesn't help.

Offline Axem

Thank you for your bug report! It appears I updated something in a script file and never copied the update over to the new files. (My bad)

Could you please download the attached file and place it in /JAD2-2/data/tables (making the folders if they don't exist) and see if it clears up your problem? If it works, I'll be sure to make a quick update to the files. I got the problem reproduced and this fixed it, I'm hoping it'll fix it for you too. :)

[attachment DELETED!! by Strong Bad]

Offline Boyos

• Steam
That fixed that issue, thanks.

But now for some reason my afterburner doesn't work in endless gauntlet (working in hub), I don't know if that's intentional or not.

Offline Axem

Yeah, I screwed something up there... I'll, uh, fix that too... :nervous: (This might take slightly longer)

Offline Axem

Hooray, I fixed it. You can re-run the installer and it should download the updated vps and all should be good now. :)

Also I apologize for the overrunning text in that box now. Its not a 5 minute fix, but it will be fixed in the next major release...
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 09:29:29 pm by Axem »

Offline Boyos

• Steam
Now I'm getting an error when I either select the JAD 2.22 preview campaign or if I try to load any mission, I attached a screenshot of the error. If I select a campaign the game will continue to run after the error hitting yes or no, but if I'm trying to load a mission hitting yes or no just brings up the same error again.

Offline Axem

Can you try running the installer one more time? Sometimes it decides to miss a file for some unknown reason... If that doesn't work I'll take a look later today. Sorry for all the troubles with this. :(

Offline Boyos

• Steam
Re-ran the installer, still the same error. I also tried deleting and completely re-downloading JAD 2.2 but that didn't help either.

Offline Axem

Well it was worth a try.

If you could do just one more thing for me that will make tracing this easier. Download the builds at this link, run a debug build, then attach fs2_open.log (it'll be in your data directory) to a reply.

Offline Boyos

• Steam
Here's the debug log, I think I did this correctly.

Offline Axem

Perfect, I'll take a look later today. Thanks for your help and patience! :)

Offline Axem

Can you throw this table file in the JAD data/tables directory, just like last time and let me know if it works or not? Make sure it keeps the name zLoadFirst-sct.tbm.

Offline Boyos

• Steam
That fixed it, everything else seems to be working, thanks.

Offline Axem

Sweet! Sorry again for all the trouble. I don't know how this file got loose, its pretty important to a lot of scripts...  :nervous:

Offline Boyos

• Steam
This is a pretty minor issue, but in endless gauntlet once I beat "the end" the credits rolled and then nothing happened, eventually the music changed but no mission end or further spawns.

Offline Axem

Yeah, the endless gauntlet sadly, somehow became pretty end-ful. It's something I intend to fix with the next major release.

Almost immediately on start (with the apng build executable) I'm getting a LUA ERROR: [string "parsecfg-sct.tbm - On Game Init"]:139: module 'dkjson' not found: (lists a bunch of stuff in a non-existent Lua folder).

What's the deal here, what am I missing?

NOTE: because the fso installer was deciding to be, erm, special and not actually create any folders during the install I was forced to do it manually.  Putting all the 2.1-2 & XA files in the same mod directory is the correct way to do it, right?