Author Topic: Issues with texts using FSPort in FSO (somehow translation issue)  (Read 5045 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Issues with texts using FSPort in FSO (somehow translation issue)
Do they then translate deck chief as Jägermeister then? :p
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline L@Zar0

While reviewing some in-game texts (using FSPort in FSO with mvps 2014, AND using media vps of FS2 also) for translated multiplayer missions, I've seen some coop missions added to the lists that are from FS2 (not from FS1/FSPort). So, the texts using in tstrings.tbl are been readed from tstrings.tbl of FSPort and not from the tstrings.tbl of FS2. Obviously I have in MOD tab of launcher selected fsport-mediavps2014 and I have selected in campaigns Freescape: The Great War.

Maybe I have something wrong, but I don't know how to solve it. Is possible?

My intention is not to play multiplayer missions, but as I'm translating all the texts I want to review a bit what I'm translating and I've found this issue.

~~~~ NOTE 2 ~~~~~~
Also, I will make profit of this post, and selecting in Campaing the Silent Threat (I have two, Silent Threat and Silent Threat Reborn), the Main Hall uses old resolution images and not the very splendid new ones in high resolution of FSPort. Is it normal?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 09:22:11 am by L@Zar0 »

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
While reviewing some in-game texts (using FSPort in FSO with mvps 2014, AND using media vps of FS2 also) for translated multiplayer missions, I've seen some coop missions added to the lists that are from FS2 (not from FS1/FSPort).

This is a problem with the game engine unfortunately.  See here and here for related discussion.

So, the texts using in tstrings.tbl are been readed from tstrings.tbl of FSPort and not from the tstrings.tbl of FS2. Obviously I have in MOD tab of launcher selected fsport-mediavps2014 and I have selected in campaigns Freescape: The Great War.

Maybe I have something wrong, but I don't know how to solve it. Is possible?

Right now there is no way to prevent FS2 co-op missions being added to the FSPort co-op mission list.  So, just ignore those missions when playing FSPort.

~~~~ NOTE 2 ~~~~~~
Also, I will make profit of this post, and selecting in Campaing the Silent Threat (I have two, Silent Threat and Silent Threat Reborn), the Main Hall uses old resolution images and not the very splendid new ones in high resolution of FSPort. Is it normal?

This is an entirely separate, and unrelated, issue.  The new high resolution main halls for the standard FSPort only appear if your mod settings are correct, you have installed the FSPort-mediavps, and you have selected the FSPort-mediavps as the active mod.