Author Topic: RELEASE: Rogue Intentions Episode I  (Read 24318 times)

Offline Nuclear1

RELEASE: Rogue Intentions Episode I
After a long while and many headaching revamps, Rogue Intentions Episode I is finally ready to launch.

Story:

As the NTF crumbles under pressure by the GTVA fleets in Sirius and the Colossus in Polaris, Admiral Bosch makes a bold escape gambit. A steady flow of NTF vessels now stream through the jump nodes of Polaris, Epsilon Pegasi, Capella, and Gamma Draconis as the rebels make a final ditch for the Knossos subspace portal.

In order to prevent the NTF from acquiring control of the portal and the nebula beyond, the GTVA has initiated Operation: Thor's Hammer to cripple the rebel ships en route. Though the jump node defenses are formidable, every reinforcement counts in this final campaign.

You are Alpha 1, a pilot newly-transferred from the 3rd Fleet to a small 4th Fleet Outpost in Vega. Your home: a Deimos-class corvette, the GTCv Spinnaker, and her sister ship, the GTCv Methodus. As the Spinnaker and Methodus are called up to reinforce the jump node defenses, you have to become acquainted with your wingmen and crewmen on the march, fighting the NTF all the way.

Download is here. Installation is self-explanatory: simply stick it in a folder called "RogueEp1" and run it with the -mod commandline.

The campaign shouldn't require FSO, but if retail players do experience any trouble, please tell me and I'll see what I can do about it.

EDIT: Mission 8 Patch for the mixed failure/success debriefings.

Enjoy. :)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2005, 03:18:11 pm by nuclear1 »
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
A great campaign so far, but i've run into an extremely annoying problem, which is causing me to write this post angrily:
Spoiler:
In the mission where you are to nick the NTF cargo from the Wayfarer Installation, everything goes to plan. It's a great mission, and the installation looks great in the orbit of the planet, and all the events that take place are spectacular. Although, when the final wing of Vasudan freighters clamps on to the mysterious cargo, command tells me to depart, which I do, only to recieve both the mission succeeded and mission failed debreifings, and it does not let me proceed. What's annoying, is that It's a bloody long mission, and I completed it only to be confronted by this annoying bug. Other than that, it's a great campaign so far, especially the moment the Big C jumps in and saves Spinnaker & Methodus' collective asses. :yes:

Offline Kie99

Fantastic, just finished it, got this error

Code: [Select]
Error: Could not load in !
File:\fs2_open\code\menuui\mainhallmenu.cpp
Line: 1044
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------

After I completed the final mission.

Spoiler:
It was so great to see the Colossus jumping in and doing what it was designed to for once, kicking the crap out of smaller ships.  Flying with a pair of Deimoses is more fun than I thought it could be.  Great campaign, can't wait for chapter 2

EDIT:  You've made the news at GTD Bastion :thepimp:
Spoiler:
I was convinced a Lucifer or something was going to jump in at Enif Station, I was really surprised when the mission really lived up to it's name.  Nice touch there.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 08:05:17 am by 1934 »
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline Nuclear1

Originally posted by Mefustae
Spoiler:
Although, when the final wing of Vasudan freighters clamps on to the mysterious cargo, command tells me to depart, which I do, only to recieve both the mission succeeded and mission failed debreifings, and it does not let me proceed.
[/B]

Spoiler:
Yikes. I was semi-aware of that during testing, but didn't take into account that it was a show-stopper. I'll get a fix for this up in a minute.

Fantastic, just finished it, got this error

Code: [Select]
Error: Could not load in !
File:\fs2_open\code\menuui\mainhallmenu.cpp
Line: 1044
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:

You've got me here. I'm not all too sure what this could be.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 11:12:44 am by 673 »
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.

Offline Kie99

Probably something wrong at my end, it was after the last mission had finished anyway.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Ooh, new campaign-age.  I'll have to give this a try later on tonight. :)

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Another problem when I fired the campaign up thismorning:

Spoiler:
After the Spinnaker & Methodus had jumped out in the mission where the GTVA suddenly turns against you, which I for one found a little bit forced, I download new orders and the loading screen comes up. When the loading bar gets to the end, it hold for about 10 seconds, and then gives me the 'This program has done something and has to be closed. Would you like to send an error report?' thingy. Any ideas?

Offline Nuclear1

Spoiler:
After the Spinnaker & Methodus had jumped out in the mission where the GTVA suddenly turns against you, which I for one found a little bit forced, I download new orders and the loading screen comes up. When the loading bar gets to the end, it hold for about 10 seconds, and then gives me the 'This program has done something and has to be closed. Would you like to send an error report?' thingy. Any ideas?
[/B]

Spoiler:
Which particular mission is this? A10, with the huge battle, or the one right after that? I would have an idea of what it would be if it were A10, and I could easily upload a fix for that. For the Finale, I don't know what it could be. Try running it with a debug build, and I'll see what I can do about it.

As for the GTVA turning on you, I'll better explain that in the later episodes.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 10:20:24 pm by 673 »

looks good so far, but whats the "Bastion" doing in capella?

Offline Nuclear1

Spoiler:
For any number of reasons, mostly as a plot device.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 10:16:19 pm by 673 »

Offline Kie99

The Bastion was in Capella before the end of FS2, it was deployed from there to collapse the Capella -> Epsilon Pegasi node.

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
The command briefing of "Their Finest Hour" seems to disagree on the whereabouts of the Bastion:
Preparations are now underway to collapse the Epsilon Pegasi jump node. A Great-War-era destroyer, the GTD Bastion, will contain multiple meson warheads that will detonate inside the node. Scientists believe an explosion of sufficient magnitude will cause this node to collapse, as evidenced by the destruction of the Lucifer 32 years ago. The detonation of the Lucifer's reactors sealed off the Sol jump node in Delta Serpentis and severed all contact with Earth. The Bastion has completed its modifications in the Vega system and is now entering Capella.

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
Take note...it mentions modifications. I doubt they would be able to do the same inside Capella itself, hence it would have been moved out to Vega....
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Indeed, nuclear1 is simply surmising that the Bastion was in Capella beforehand, and moved out for the modifications in Vega, because it would have been in danger in Capella (as Singh mentioned), and the Meson Production Facilities were based in Vega (I think...), hence making that system the ideal place for the modifications to take place. There's absolutely no evidence to contradict (or support for that matter) that the Bastion wasn't in Capella, and thus it falls within artistic license..

...on a side note, nuclear1, why didn't you use the seperate GTD Bastion Orion model, completele with nameplate...?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 06:57:38 am by 2686 »

Offline Kie99

Clash of the Titans II was definitely set in Capella, take a look at the sun, and the name of the jump node the Bastion is going to.

Offline Nuclear1

...on a side note, nuclear1, why didn't you use the seperate GTD Bastion Orion model, completele with nameplate...?

I was planning on using texture replacement to use the Bastion's nameplate instead of the default blank nameplate, but I wasn't able to figure that out for the life of me. And I didn't think it would be noticeable either way, unless someone rotated the camera to actually get a view of the nameplate.

Offline Kie99

I did :nervous:

Offline Nuclear1

Alright, quick request for those who have played it:

Which parts did you like or not like about it? As I begin work on Episode II, I'd like to know what you guys specifically liked, or which types of missions I can go without. For example, did you like the way the character development went about, or was it unbalanced in any way?

it looks good so far, but i ran into a problem while i was loading up the next mission, after the mission, when the two corvettes are going after the two NTF ships, anyways when it almost finish loading all the sudden it kicks out...........any ideas???

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I need to try this out. Missions/campaigns that take place during the main FS2 campaign are very cool in general.

*tries to finish homework quickly*