Author Topic: Freespace 2 mission pack update  (Read 4899 times)

Freespace 2 mission pack update
Now as I promised updated Freespace2 mission pack is here for you to take :)
Lots of bug fixes and some features are added. The full list of changes is attached.

This pack is provided as root_fs2.vp and already contains nameplated ships inside missions, so make sure you remove all mission files from mv_models.vp of MediaVP, otherwise it will not work properly. To remove files from vp, use Dragon Unpacker (http://www.elberethzone.net/index.php?page=dup5&language=en) to extract files from vp, delete "missions" folder from directory to which you extracted the pack, finally use VPMage (attached) to assemble mv_models.vp again without mission files.

The pack can be downloaded from here (temporary service, please rehost asap): http://slil.ru/24062800

Please note, that you need freespace2 scp to use this pack. Proper work with retail fs2 is not guaranteed.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 03:17:01 pm by thesource »

Offline neoterran

Re: Freespace 2 mission pack update
did you provide LS nebulae with these missions ? cause you didn't with the fs1 missions. And watch out with vpmage, it corrupts vps sometimes.

And you really, really should provide a changelog, so we know what we're getting into.
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

I don't know what is LS nebula. I just used files from fsport as they are and modified some missions. I'm using MediaVP so nebula images was from from there when I played.

Ok, I'll attach change log asap

Offline neoterran

well, the mission files have to be modified to use the LS (lightspeed's improved) nebula set.

It's not formally released for FS port yet (3.1 ?) but it exists. So it's a shame if you make all these changes but they'll be obsolete because they use missions with the older nebulae.

Chief Grognard.

Change log is now attached. As soon as this nebula images are released I'll add them to the pack. If they already exist for freespace2, please point me to them so I can add them asap (sorry for that - I didn't know they exist)

Offline neoterran

they're already done for freespace 2 and i think they're released on this very forum. In fact aren't they in the latest 3.6.8 mediavps zeta ?
Chief Grognard.

no

Offline neoterran

ah, 3.6.9 is long overdue at this point. Admiral Nelson did the LS'ing of FS2 and many other campaigns, so just look through his posts or seach the forum for lightspeed nebula.
Chief Grognard.

Ah, I found that topic and it pointed me to some minor bugs in briefing and names. Will fix in few days. But link to light speed nebulas is no longer valid :(

Ok, just for now I'm adding more fixes to main campaign (briefing icons, names, SJD Sathanas (will be renamed to SJ Sathanas) ) and to Templar multiplayer campaign (played through it in found some serious problems). I also plan to remove Sathanas images from last missons and place real Sathanas ships there (specifically to make animation in the last mission to reflect the final movie).  As soon as anyone provides me LS Nebulas (or include them into next MediaVP maybe) I'll add them.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 02:09:11 am by thesource »

Offline neoterran

so many improvements have happened in the last month alone. I run a very custom rig of Freespace with special mediavps and i modded those as well, so it's a completely custom job (i currently use the illegal explosions and bobs' new beams and blobs) so 3.6.9 is still probably on hold, it really depends on DaBrain and when he decides to finalize it all. But it is overdue at this point.

Chief Grognard.

Got them, thanks. Adding in progress. Other improvements are already done.

Offline mnftg64

Is there not an easier way to install this? I don't know about all the .vp stuff... I guess I'll just have to wait for the next version of the FS_Open Installer to include this, the same way I have to wait for FS1 Port 3.1

Offline aRaven

hey is there any way i can get those "illegal" explosions?

wanna give me a link?

plz? lol ^^

Adding ls nebulas is almost done. I'll keep non-ls compatibility - I modify nebula pack itself rather than missions. However some new features will not work for now because of fs2_open bug. See this for details: http://scp.indiegames.us/mantis/view.php?id=1329

hey is there any way i can get those "illegal" explosions?

wanna give me a link?

plz? lol ^^

There are lightspeed's explosions on the Freespace SCP main site under downloads and millyways. Thoes are realy good. and i guess includes flack explosions also.  Unfortionatly I have been having trouble getting bobs wep ehancements working  :(

Offline neoterran

Those are not the illegal explosions  :drevil: ;7

These are :

« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 09:54:53 pm by neoterran »
Chief Grognard.

you crule person, How can you post us a picture of such awsomness and not give us a link! Are thoes taken directly from the fan game Wing Commander Pioneer that they have been making?