Author Topic: Swamped  (Read 2193 times)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
A nice photo of the centre of the picturesque town of Beverley where I live, taken  this morning.

Edit: posted in the wrong forum accidentally.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Venice eat your heart out!

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
The fuss is that this isn't Venice, or even Italy, this is the UK which has just been deluged for the past few days!
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I heard some poor sod in Hessle drowned!
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

The fuss is that this isn't Venice, or even Italy, this is the UK which has just been deluged for the past few days!

sorry, the following threw me off...

Venice eat your heart out!

EDIT: First Post Deleted

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Wales has had 1/6 of it's yearly rainfall in one spot in 24 hours. 4 people presumed dead, it's a bit of an environmental nightmare up there. :(

It's like Hurricane Katrina in Europe. Without the hurricane.

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
I hope you guys have canoes handy.
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

/\ See Above Picture  /\

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
That happens about every four years here.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

I'd hate to be in London during monsoon season....

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
I hear there is more to come! And here I live a few miles from the sea and no threat of flooding whatsoever yet???? (Wirral)
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Well, here in New Mexico, we're not getting much rain. We never get much rain. We will never, ever get much rain. New Orleans should share its rain. So should Europe.

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
I'm here in Nova Scotia. Worst weather in the world. For about a week now they've been forecasting thunderstorms and everytime they go to either side of Halifax. It'll rain for 5 minutes and then stop for a few hours. and then it'll rain again. Horrible climate.  :ick: :ick:

EDIT2 : At least the weather could make its mind up in *looks* Venice. Beverley
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.