Author Topic: Cardinal Spear problem  (Read 3761 times)

Offline wdarkk

Cardinal Spear problem
I got the following error today when I tried to run Cardinal Spear (installed by the installer). I'd selected Cardinal Spear in the campaigns window,
and had attempted to enter the briefing room. The loading screen stalled for a good while, I held down the force quit keys, and as it faded out I saw:

"Error!

Error: Can't open model file <navbouy-terran.pof>

File: /Users/taylor/src/cvs/fs2_open_3_6_9.final/projects/Xcode/../../code/model/modelread.cpp
Line 1902"

I'm thinking there might be a problem with having multiple mods going at once on the mac version (fsport and mediavps, cardinal spear and fsport).

Or something, donno.

I just pointed this out because my problems are very minor unless I use a mod OTHER THAN mediavps.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Post your fs2_open.log here.

Offline wdarkk

Post your fs2_open.log here.

Log exceeded attachment limits a bit, so posted as zip.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Since Cardinal Spear depends on the Port, you have to add it to the command line like so...

-mod fsport,cardinalspear

Which installer did you use?  It couldn't have been Turey's, otherwise you would have had ended up with a mod.ini that did that automatically.

Offline wdarkk

Since Cardinal Spear depends on the Port, you have to add it to the command line like so...

Which installer did you use?  It couldn't have been Turey's, otherwise you would have had ended up with a mod.ini that did that automatically.

Here's what's in the mod.ini file:
Code: [Select]
[launcher]
image255x112 = CardinalSpear.bmp;
infotext     = In the tenth year of our war against the Vasudans, humanity had attempted one last desperate strike to end the war outright - a spear in the dark.  The Cardinal Fleet had been laid ruin, and the crew of the GTD Agamemnon was being hunted by a Vasudan general.  It was too late for victory, but not too late for vengeance...;
website      = http://fsport.hard-light.net/;
forum        = http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/board,39.0.html;

[multimod]
secondrylist = ,fsport,mediavps;

Offline wdarkk

BTW I originally posted this in the cross platform forum because I'm pretty sure the culprit is either the mac osx launcher not handling mods with dependencies right, or the mac os version of FS not loading the mods right.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
It's a possibility.

Moved back.

Offline wdarkk

I tried changing "secondry" to "secondary" but that didn't fix it.

Offline wdarkk

I'm using bootcamp right now to avoid the x1900xt problems, but if/when ATI gets back to me on new drivers it'd be nice to make sure that the mac version loads mods correctly. Any further advice?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
If you can't get it to work with the launcher, just do it directly from the command line like I said above:

Offline wdarkk

If you can't get it to work with the launcher, just do it directly from the command line like I said above:

Hmm. I'm getting some error about web cursor bitmap not found. Apparently the whole "application package" deal is making this complicated. I'll try doing it a little different.

:~/Games Folder/Freespace2 asacks$  ./FS2_Open\ 3.6.9.app/Contents/MacOS/FS2_Open -mod fsport,cardinalspear
Error: "FreeSpace2/Fred2 cannot be run from a drive root directory!"

Final Edit: I wasn't able to get it to work from the command line, but telling the launcher the mod was named "fsport,cardinalspear" worked fine. Well, fine other than the graphics issues  :mad:
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 10:08:50 pm by wdarkk »