Author Topic: Original BSG mod release Alpha  (Read 16176 times)

Offline Raptor

Original BSG mod release Alpha
Prompted by an old PM that I didn't know I had recieved until recently (sorry about that!), I have decided to release what I have so far achived on an Original BSG TC in an ALPHA pack.

Due to the size of the pack, I've spilt it into two downloads:
http://rapidshare.com/files/85382078/RaptorsBSGAlpha.rar.html
this file contains everything except the models.

http://rapidshare.com/files/85383582/RaptorsBSGAlpha-Models.rar.html
Here are the models so far.  They include:
Colonial Viper, Scorpion (6th Millieium Fighter), Viper Bomber (own design), 2 Guardian Destroyers (slightly different turret arrangements), Protector
Cylon Raider, Attack Frigate (own design, needs more work), Destroyer, Basestar

There is a table entry for the Battlestar, using IPAndrews model, but it's not included in this pack.

Bear in mind this is an ALPHA release, please.

And here's a sneak peek at the Predator class (another one of my designs)...

...There ought to be something surreal about a Zoid offering romantic advice...and yet there is not. It seems perfectly normal that the Liger is giving Bit advice on relationships, and it shouldn't, but it does. Dangit man, you've confused me again.[/I]
NGTM-R review of one of the chapters in my fanfic story :D Story is here! -> 'Ancient Legacies'

Offline Koth

• Join the NTF! We have cookies!
Re: Original BSG mod release Alpha
What happened to the Hera?
The Signature is a Nuke!

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
I got Fred working, but there is an icon problem message (debug got me back into Fred)
Made a test mission.

Running game the test log I use for otehr mods didn't work. I wonder why I use the same settings.

Got into mission, species and asteroid tables also had an error, debog got me back in then I accidentally hit battle star in tech room and crashed myself.

Will edit again and report when I reload in a few minutes...

[EDIT]... Test mission I made hung up on FIRST light bar for about 2 minutes then error mesage <cyclops.pof not found> and then fatal crash.

Why can it not find it in original vp's?

« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 07:54:43 am by Getter Robo G »
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline Raptor

<sigh> I thought I had removed all my 'other' modded stuff from those tables...

cyclops.pof is refering to a new model I made for the Cyclops torpedo.  Easiest thing to do is change that referance to 'belial.pof'

The icon thing... thought they weren't being used :rolleyes:  Here they are:
http://rapidshare.com/files/85502489/RaptorsBSGAlpha-icons.rar.html

It's likely those will be redone at some point in the future, assuming this mod gets some real backing...
...There ought to be something surreal about a Zoid offering romantic advice...and yet there is not. It seems perfectly normal that the Liger is giving Bit advice on relationships, and it shouldn't, but it does. Dangit man, you've confused me again.[/I]
NGTM-R review of one of the chapters in my fanfic story :D Story is here! -> 'Ancient Legacies'

Offline Getter Robo G

Game start still gets you species asteroid error (cylon colonial) debug gets you going again I can load my mission now (yay!) but when I hit commit it hangs and hard crashes no message. (microsoft message FS2.exe failed send us message?)

I'm gong to mess around and just dump the models into the other mods I test to see if they will function (if you don't mind).

"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Cool, another BSG mod.
* Hades Downloads
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Getter Robo G

Good news Basestar loads (hella LONG time) I was afraid it was gonna crash.

Bad news I used Nukemod and replaced teh SSj Dante. The weapon from hell shotgunned me lol!

I'm gonna copy the whole thing and rename to TOSBSG for testing purposes and start from there adding your other ships and then slowly start with weapons. Soon as I find something that hangs up I'll let you know.

Quick question, can you have TOO MANY mods? I mean in your root directory.
For some reason the bmp images of 4 mods in launcher I tested that worked for months stopped working, also their tables wont load in game or Fred. Something screwy is going on.

No settings have been changed. Is this just some form of unknown corruption?  :shaking:

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Offline Raptor

I would forget to include the cache files too... hence the really long loading times...
http://rapidshare.com/files/85636163/RaptorsBSGAlpha-ibx.rar.html
Here they are.

I wouldn't know about the 'Mod' thing, since I have never used the feature.  I just dump everything into the 'Data' folder, and then have two 'ships' and 'weapons' tables, renaming them as I wish to change between regular FS2 and BSG.

'Species asteriod error'? :wtf:  New one to me.  Then again I haven't gone into FRED for ages...  Only just recently fired up FS2 again, too...

Feel free to do whatever it takes to get them working GRG.

Offline starlord

nice, I hope this one will be done one day: Didn't you mention an "attackstar"?

Offline shiv

• Don't forget Poland!
  • FRED me!
    • http://freespace.pl
Awesome! Downloading now...
http://www.sectorgame.com/vega
The Apocalypse Vega - Join the battle! A campaign for FreeSpace 2 Open

http://www.game-warden.com/earthdefence
Earth Defense project - Coming soon...

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
I wonder if my Viper and Raider are used in this? Also I have a Colonial Shuttle and Cylon Mine modelled and pre-uv mapped. They just need texturing. If anyone can be bothered.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline starlord

I like the scorpion.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
It seems to be missing some textures, namely:
PulsarBase (Basestar)
PulsarBarrel (Basestar)
HTLViper (There is HTLViperA, not sure how they're related, this is needed by the Scorpion, but I can't see anything on the mesh that uses it)
SLTorp (SLTorp)
thruster03 (SLTorp)
Shornet (STorp)

The torp ones probably aren't a big deal, they look like generic FS stuff to me anyway, but I was curious about HTLViper and the Pulsar textures.  Either way, the stuff in this pack seems really neat.  Thanks for releasing it.

IP:  There is a Viper and a Raider in here.  I've attached screenshots of them.

Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Getter Robo G

During the week I am barely conscious.. BUT I will mess around this and next weekend unless something asserts itself.  I have the earlier pack released and it has those two textures mentioned.

I appreciate the approval.  The purpose is only for as hassle free testing as possible (and some free independent PR couldn't hurt right?)  :lol:

I'll post screenies as I make changes ONE at a time. I need to resist the urge to just dump everything in. This is gonna take a while. Especially in light of the weirdness that's going on with my previously working other mod folders now not activating via the Launcher or Fred.

Bookmarking this thread and will keep you apprised.

Offline Getter Robo G

OK minor update...

Guardian model causes Fred to CTD. Protector model loads BUT is like 60 sec delay, also 20 sec delay on editing any field for that ship... Might be cause my computer sucks.

I used an Orion table for Protector but when I tried to line up for launch bay landing I got whacked by engine wash well aways from the ship (might be a table issue).

Good news they attacked each other with beam free off. Protector expoded no crash. I will continue to test MODELS only until I tried them all then go back and start adding your weapons.

It would be best if someone with a high end system would help because I bet half the problems I run into with no clear reason are because My comp is now outdated in CPU, Vid Card, and memory. I won't be able to seriously upgrade for at least a year (if that). I decided if I am gonna upgrade I need a new CPU as well so at this point might as well get a whole NEW tower that might last 3-4 more years.

Here is the Protector in game.  Not a criticism but why does it need to be so high poly? :)
if a 2k would look passable with good mapping, couldn't this get optimized down to around say 7k (half)?

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I've been resaving the models with a newer version of PCS2 to generate proper BSP info for them, I was going to look at their other POF properties next to see if there were any obvious errors I could fix.  I'll let you know what I find.  The good news is all the models saved in PCS2.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
ok you can slap me for the noob question but how can i use these models etc , and what do i need too download to do so.................. i have downloaded the 1st two links i see 2 more links on the page so that will take me until friday to download ( 1 download per day is all it will let me do on the host)

what mod do i run them in  ..........;; thanks awaits the slap :D
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
As are, they're not really in a state to just be dropped in and used.  You'd need to set them up as a new mod, but some of the files appear to be in need of some maintenance before they're ready for that.  Particularly a lot of the table files have some issues it sounded like.  You would need the 4 files in this thread, and some experience with table editing probably.

I'm also sad, there is definitely an entry in the ships.tbl for the Battlestar, yet there is no Battlestar.pof to be found.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 10:32:26 am by chief1983 »

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Nice to see my Cylon Raider being used. I suffered for that model. This was back in the day when a ship had to come in under 650 polys or the game engine would crash out. I would have used a few more polys if I'd made the same model today. But at least the low count and efficient UVing means you can have lots of them to blow up. My battlestar would not load in the SCP game engine. It was poorly texture mapped anyway. Very poorly. I have a part re-uvmapped version if anyone wants to pick the model up and continue where I left off. But texture maps for the battlestar are impossible to come by.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Aw, sad times indeed, not to have an original battlestar.  Hopefully someone will take a stab at finishing it up.