Author Topic: RELEASE: March Missile Mod Mayhem!  (Read 54246 times)

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Re: RELEASE: March Missile Mod Mayhem!
Ah right, forgot the last part.  That or, to see them in the tech room, add the tech database flag to the weapon, whatever it is.  Check the wiki again.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
newnewnewnewnewnewnewnewnewnew

Concussion Missile

Not much to say about this one. I'm just gonna drop it off here and relax this evening.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

WEWT!
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
WEWT!

Wewt?  WEWT?!  Srsly gtfo.

Kidding.

Anyway, awesomeness.  These have all looked amazing.  I can't wait to get FS running again so I can throw some of these in and see how they do.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Offline maje

so, is that an Arakyd or a Dymek Concussion Missile?  :p nice model and textures.
Deuternomy 22:11 explained:

Well there are many different speculations going on about this law about not mixing fibers and at least one explanation claims that it was a symbolic gesture designed to keep a pure sense of culture, people, and religion.  Seperation of crop  in the vinyard, mentioned in Dt. 22:9 and 22:10 seem to reaffirm this idea, though there may be other reasons as well.

And now, an excerpt from the Prayer of Mordecai, the Book of Esther Chapter C (New American Bible Official Catholic version).

Est C:5  You know all things.  You know, O Lord, that it was not out of insolence or pride or desire for fame that I acted thus in not bowing down to the proud Haman.  6  Gladly would I have kissed the soles of his feet for the salvation of Israel.  7  But I acted as I did so as not to place the honor of man above that of God.  I will not bow down to anyone but you, my Lord.  It is not out of pride that I am acting thus.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Wow, this thing is awesome, easily the best missile yet.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
It's an Arakyd ST2 I believe.

Offline azile0

• Resident Trekkie
Now I see my problem. I don't have weapons.tbl, or any other tbls, besides the new ones inside the folders.
You get one chocolate chip.

. <--- There it is.

Self-proclaimed master of the Keypad.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Yeah those don't work as is.  There's some stuff in them you need to put in the right places basically.

Sweet, a replacement for the Harpoon...  :drevil:
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Model numbers are in the tech fluff in the table entry.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
I'm posting relatively early this evening.

Homing Swarm

This is the Dymek concussion missile, mainly used by Confederate droid starfighters during the Clone Wars. It fires in swarms and tends to fishtail, so they're individually less accurate but harder to evade.
This was modeled after an unnamed make of concussion missile from the SWTCG, and its behaviour is based on the Battlefront II swarms used by the CIS.

So it's that fast?
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline azile0

• Resident Trekkie
So, I never got an answer. I don't have a weapons.tbl, and Even when I create one, nothing works. Gah, I am still new to all this, and I can't do this alone..
You get one chocolate chip.

. <--- There it is.

Self-proclaimed master of the Keypad.

Offline Alan Bolte

• Deneb III
    • @Compellor
I like it. Perhaps the A-Wing could carry 12 of these. 3 shots, essentially.
Anything worth doing is worth analyzing to death -Iranon

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I would figure it should carry 24, to have 3 shots per tube.

Azile, I could write up a very very long and detailed explanation about how to get these into the game, but it would probably be easier to wait until GalEmp releases them all as one big pack in a few days.  In the meantime, all I can suggest is looking at the wiki.  If you're trying to put them into FS2, you'll want to create a mod folder for them.  In that folder, you would of course want a data folder, and in that you would want your models, tables, maps, effects, and sounds folders.  You will want to take the sounds.tbl file from retail FS2 and copy it to the sounds folder.  Then either do the same with the weapons.tbl, or create a .tbm file, either one for each weapon or one for all the new weapons.  Add the info from the table.txt files into the new tbl and tbm files.  Make sure when adding to the sounds.tbl file that you overwrite the correct indexes.  You will also want to add the 'in tech database' flag, or whatever it is, to each weapon's flags.  That way you can see if they're working or not by going to the tech room.  _Then_, you will need to edit or create a new mission in order to actually make use of these weapons.  These aren't being released in a manner intended for anyone to be able to just start messing with them, if you don't already have some modding experience it's probably not even worth it, but if you really want to use them, it'll take some time to figure out all the stuff necessary.  It may help to give a better description of what you've tried so someone might be able to guide you in the right direction.

so this is what is listed in BFII as 'rockets'? those are my favorite space weps... but i don't even like space too much in that game... still, great work.  :yes2:;):yes:
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Hornets in Star Wars.... yes, that's a good idea ;)
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
so this is what is listed in BFII as 'rockets'? those are my favorite space weps... but i don't even like space too much in that game... still, great work.  :yes2:;):yes:
* Cobra smacks Titan

Wrong. Space battles are among the best in Battlefront 2.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

* Cobra smacks Titan

Wrong. Space battles are among the best in Battlefront 2.

QFT
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.