Author Topic: Upcoming models (The old Model Release Redux)  (Read 241526 times)

Re: Upcoming models (The old Model Release Redux)
Phantom

I shrunk it down quite a bit to a light fighter size.   My original model: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v356/Shodan_AI/Model%20Display/Hornet_ShowOff.jpg which was based on this model: http://www.wcnews.com/ships/armphantom.shtml

That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Could you add two more guns (maybe inside the two cavities on the front)? It had two lasers and two Mass Drivers in Armada. Also, IIRC, you haven't yet made such a small fighter with 4 guns (and you've got more than enough such ships with two guns).

Hmm good catch, I just saw the two guns under the hull in the pics. I could put the two mass drivers where the lasers are and move the two lasers into those front canards.  The two large box areas contain the missile launcer.... or..... I could put the missiles on rakes on the wings. (I assume all I would need it the pylon to connect the missiles to the wings, the missiles themselves would be up to the modder?).

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

Offline Aginor

• Spelljammer
Hmm... I'm not sure yet if I like it or not.
I guess it will come down to the textures. :)
Member of the Scooby Doo model Fanclub "verticies and splines are the medium and he is the artist."

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Hmm good catch, I just saw the two guns under the hull in the pics. I could put the two mass drivers where the lasers are and move the two lasers into those front canards.  The two large box areas contain the missile launcer.... or..... I could put the missiles on rakes on the wings. (I assume all I would need it the pylon to connect the missiles to the wings, the missiles themselves would be up to the modder?).
Something like the racks on Epee. In Armada, the Phantom carries 4 missiles total. Seems reasonable for a light fighter, and 4 racks would fit well under the wings.
On the other hand, mounting lasers on canards and sticking MDs where the lasers are now may also be a good idea.

Does this look better? I couldn't get the two mass drivers under the belly. just wouldn't fit

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Much better. :yes:
BTW, are you going to do the Wraith in the future?

Much better. :yes:
BTW, are you going to do the Wraith in the future?

You know I was just thinking about it last week. 

Take a look at the side view of it, especially the forward section (the cockpit area). 

Doesnt it kinda resemble a epee and a hellcat combied?

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
I think it's more like a Terran take on Bloodfang from WC2.

This was what I was actually referring to:

just the cockpit side angle.   I absolutely hate the round windows of it, resembles some 1950's futuristic car thingie.
I have seen that angular layout before but I just can't seem to figure out where.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Indeed, the cockpit looks a bit like on a Hellcat, though only from the side.

Offline Aginor

• Spelljammer
I think it looks more like an Arrow actually, with a wider snout and cockpit struts like the Epee.
http://www.wcnews.com/wcpedia/images/thumb/Wc4arrow1.png/421px-Wc4arrow1.png
Member of the Scooby Doo model Fanclub "verticies and splines are the medium and he is the artist."

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
IMO, the Arrow is the last thing it resembles. It's clearly a straight hull with wings, not a wedge like the Arrow. It's a Terran Bloodfang with vertical side planes replaced by turbines with quad wings.

Offline Deathsnake

• Again there
    • German Wing Commander Site
My wishlit is the Gettysburg and the Broadsword :)
Star Citizen No. 250

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Especially the Broadsword. My long time favorite design from Wing Commander. Also, the best bomber I ever flew in WC, the only comparable one was the Devastator. Three MDs made mincemeat of anything in front of it, and three turrets with neutrons took care of the rest. And I still could dogfight Sarthas in this thing.

IMO, the Arrow is the last thing it resembles. It's clearly a straight hull with wings, not a wedge like the Arrow. It's a Terran Bloodfang with vertical side planes replaced by turbines with quad wings.
The body behind the cockpit is the easy part, it's just another Armada ship, like the phantom, banshee, and even the demon

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Interesting take on the Hornet.

oh hell yeah, Hornet baby!

its sooo good to see a WC 1 fighter :-)

does that mean you're gonna try to revive the Scimitar, Raptor and Rapier too?

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Rapier is in WCS. But seeing Raptor and Scimitar would be interesting.