Author Topic: W-H-I-Y-L - boom shake-shake shake the-room.  (Read 3010254 times)

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
Re: W-H-I-Y-L It's over 1000!!!!! (pages)
DAMN i love my computer.  just converted 12 songs from FLAC to WMA lossless in 37 seconds. :pimp:
WMA lossless? Sounds more like you hate your computer!

i demand lossless encoding, and FLAC is too much a pain in the ass.  WMA works pretty much everywhere by default.  obviously apple refuses to use it, but they can go **** themselves anyway.  it pains me that i'm forced to use itunes and their format for my ipod.  it also pains me that there are no real competitors to the ipod classic anymore.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
*looks at firespawn's post. senses something. ghostbusters nuclear rifle anyone.* <--- random. :banghead:

Question which might seem dumb/ridiculous, but I'm really looking for a legit response... how safe is it to open the canopy of a VTOL jet while it's hovering xx to xxx (or even infrequent xxxx) metres in the air? When wearing a typical flight suit, and when in plain clothes? If it's safe, okay what are the risks, if it's not, then what are the harmful/lethal elements threatening the pilot? Cold air temperature? Strong winds? etc... ???

:warp:
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
DAMN i love my computer.  just converted 12 songs from FLAC to WMA lossless in 37 seconds. :pimp:

i remember back when i started using mp3s. this was a couple years before the first portable mp3 players hit the market. it would take up to 30 minutes to rip a cd. even then it was iffy, you were often better off riping it analog through the internal analog connections that were common in those days. but i managed to figure out how to do 2x digital rips. ah those were the days, i got so good at encoding i would squeeze single tracks onto floppy disks and play em on the computers at school, they really hated me from that. i set up raining blood (recorded at a horrifically low bitrate so as to fit on a 1.44mb floppy) to play as an error message on a much hated teachers computer. every time he ****ed up that errror message sound would play and the whole class would start headbanging, got 3 weeks of detention for that. 
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
I can get used to this beer after work concept
Sure my 5L of Heineken only lasted a week and a half, but that's thirty bucks worth of beer that was damn good

Damn good

Need a refill on my scotch. I might get a single malt this time round...

Glendronach. Sounds legit
"No"

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Finished reading Childhood's End today. Afraid I'll feel disdain for every book about individuals now. Maybe I'll reread Foundation, that's close enough.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Day <something> of being home alone for a month. Two doofuses from Verizon came down the driveway and rang the doorbell. I was liek "wtf who is coming donw the driveway" and they were like "do you have verizon for your landline?" and I'm liek "i think so?".

Cool story, self.

I need to do more physical stuff instead of just lounging at teh computer. Also, I need to do more productive computer-lounging.

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Allergies are kicking up, getting "regular" headaches from the weather and sleep cycle is screwed up again. whoo.

Also finished reading all two-thousand something of Questionable Content comics.
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
Day <something> of being home alone for a month. Two doofuses from Verizon came down the driveway and rang the doorbell. I was liek "wtf who is coming donw the driveway" and they were like "do you have verizon for your landline?" and I'm liek "i think so?".

Cool story, self.

I need to do more physical stuff instead of just lounging at teh computer. Also, I need to do more productive computer-lounging.

home alone for a month?  you remember that south park episode where the internet ran out and randy sneaked in and used it at night?

;7
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Figures the first day of the weekend is the day I wake up with a bloody cold!  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
home alone for a month?  you remember that south park episode where the internet ran out and randy sneaked in and used it at night?

I don't care for South Park  :ick:

Offline deathfun

• Minecraft
So, a server took my number at work today
Beers planned for Monday
"No"

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Somehow suddenly engaged author mode. At 6am. When I should be sleeping.

Damnit.  :banghead:
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art

I hate that, an Idea starts running around my head and I cant even sleep for analysing unless I have atleast made a note somewhere which can take hours when I am on a roll.
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Beers planned for Monday
Good work mate!

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Them feels when you drop a cup on an extension lead, only to realise a few seconds afterwards that you drank it all only a minute before.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline deathfun

• Minecraft
Beers planned for Monday
Good work mate!

That's the thing...
...I didn't do much of anything

Few weeks ago, she asked me when I was getting off (I think I mentioned this actually). I told her late, and asked why. She was wondering if I wanted to have a beer with her
So I just repitched her idea as casually as possible

Also, picking up a bottle of Glendronach 12 Year for someone who just got engaged yesterday (works at the restaurant). Good times this weekend? Last time good times were happening, Sunday ****ed me over

It's Sunday
"No"

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam

I hate that, an Idea starts running around my head and I cant even sleep for analyzing unless I have at least made a note somewhere which can take hours when I am on a roll.

Yeah, especially when author mode doesn't roll my way very often, like, on the order of a year or two. So I have to take full use of the opportunity even when I'm tired as a Mt. Everest climber. (well maybe not THAT tired, but yeah...)
chief1983

------------

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Working my way through Dune for the first time.  I've had this sitting around for ages...why the hell did it take me so long to pick it up?

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Working my way through Dune for the first time.  I've had this sitting around for ages...why the hell did it take me so long to pick it up?
because it is a daunting book to pick up, but well worth it once you do.
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
It actually wasn't about the book being daunting or not...I've just been very lazy about reading for pleasure over the past several years, to the point where I have a whole stack of books as my backlog.  I've finally started to tackle them, and I decided to start with Dune, because of its reputation.