Author Topic: Need help with Enter the Dragon - Events broken?  (Read 8461 times)

Offline rapha

Re: Need help with Enter the Dragon - Events broken?
*Bump*

Is there any way to fix the broken mission (fix, not fail five times :] ) ... I'd love to continue with the game ;)

(Btw: it's totally unrelated to support being called in or delta wing or the destruction of any other ship to me - you can do whatever you want; Charon just sits there. Even tried to hustle it toward the Dragon with some gentle shots abaft, but it's totally uncooperate. The best thing is that if you start the mission and let your own ship just sit there doing nothing, about 15 minutes later the mission will have done itself -- the Dragon is even disabled properly.)

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Sap all power from your fighter's shields to your engines and ram the nearest solid craft, or just turn on time compression 5 times and it should be done easy enough :D

Offline rapha

Huh, and that helps ... how, exactly, with repairing the mission?  ;7

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
As an untested tempoary solution, try putting the attached mission in \fsport\data\missions and trying again.

Basically Fred was looking for a docking port on the dragon that didn't exist. :)

Edit: Made the same change without resaving from FRED. Should fix the problem listed below.

[attachment deleted by evil Tolwyn]
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 10:22:16 am by Vasudan Admiral »
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline rapha

Not quite workable yet :( ...

Code: [Select]
rapha@flow:~/FreeSpace Open$ ./fs2_open.bin
ERROR: "sm2-07a.fs2(line 906: Error: Required token = [#Wings] or [$Name:], found [+Use Table Score:] ." at parse/parselo.cpp:659

EDIT: Works like a charm now, thanks a million!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 10:39:31 am by rapha »

on my second try i completed this mission by just ignoring that the charon didn't want to dock with it...
after destroying everything and leaving arjuna 1 crippeld in space i just ordered my wing to leave and went home.
"impressive pilot..." worked for me...