Author Topic: Anyone remember this campaign?  (Read 3168 times)

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
Anyone remember this campaign?
It was a rather wierd one. It involved some rebel faction calledthe KLsomething, and a Shivan civil war.

There were also two missions that involved flying against enemy colossai

It used to be available the FreeSpace Watch Archives. Cant remember the name of it but i encountered 2 versions of it. One was the entire campaign. The other version was broken down into chapters by star system. The chapters were called things like "Anrares Crusade" and similar such stuff.
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
Re: Anyone remember this campaign?
You aren't thinking of "The Independence Warriors" are you?  I believe it was released in five chapters initially and then as a single campaign incorporating the five chapters.  It was semi voice acted by the campaign author.  It was short on plot but had a lot of dog fighting.  Almost like a campaign made up of Shivan Gauntlets.  The only mod associated with it was I believe a music table and some additional music.  I have a copy of the five chapter version somewhere along with the voice files.
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
I think so. Was the music mod a track called "Funeral" which was made of pieces of "Monstary of La Rabbida" by Vangelis?

TRUE SHIVAN

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline NathanP

I thought it was only 4 chapters, i'll load it up into retail FS2 when I get the chance and get back to you - can't do it now as I'm off to work.

This could be a nother one for ther storation project.

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
Thats the one, I remember the music track.  I don't think it would be a good project for the FSCRP.  It would be like trying to do the second great war part 2.  You might as well just do a new campaign there's not enough there to work with.  As far as I know it should work with FSOpen as well as retail in it's original configuration.
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
I know. It was pretty awful.

Funeral was about the only thing going for it.

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP Brit

Raskolnikov

Actually, Second Great War Pt II matches the OP's description perfectly.

It's independence warriors ;)

I uploaded it a few weeks ago:
http://www.freespacemods.net/download.php?view.507
Shivan here, Shivan there, Shivan everywhere.

My english isn't very well, so sorry for a few mistakes.

FreeSpace Let's Plays on my Channel:
| The Great War | Silent Threat | Operation Templar | Silent Threat: Reborn | Shivans - Phantoms | Shivans - Echo Gate | Shrouding the Light: Origins | Shrouding the Light | Cardinal Spear | Cardinal Spear: Vega | Awakenings | The Destiny of Peace | Between the Ashes: Mefistofele

Offline Silent Warrior

• My thoughts go where no one knows to tread.
Oh, for Pete's sake, can't you let mistakes committed in the distant youth lie forgotten? :o I've even lost the harddrive that I lost the original files from!

So, yeah, I made that campaign. And pretty much agree with terran_emperor. I didn't test it very much before releasing it, I really didn't understand the first thing about using the campaign-editor... Meh. Loads of good intentions, no refinement of any sort. Well, not the kind of refinement I was hoping for, anyway. (But, yeah, I like to muck around with the soundtrack on occasion.)
But, what the hell, if anyone wants to monkey around with this and make it better, you have my consent. (Though you can feel STRONGLY encouraged to find other VA-peeps. And to improve the story. And the campaign. And the overall whats-its. And everything else. :) ) Or, of course, you can also undo the upload and pretend all that never happened, and no-one would have to feel bad about it.

[Edit] Heh, come to think of it, just about every computer-component I used during that stage of my life - Pentium2 450 MHz, 128Mb SDRAM, ATI Rage Fury + Voodoo2 etc. - has gone to pot, with the notable exception of mouse, keyboard and soundcard. (Say what you want about Creative, but their soundcards last longer than most harddrives I've met...)
But, yeah, if this campaign/mod were to mysteriously disappear, it wouldn't be a big loss.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 04:08:53 pm by Silent Warrior »
I can't go home again until I find a stone a rose a door.
Choo choo, and that is the truth.

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
I wasnt asking for it to be updated...

Just the campaign was stuck in my head and i couldn't remember what it was called...So i mad this thread to see if anyone else knew what it was called...

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP Brit

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
[mobius]I'm moving this thread to Missions and Campaigns.

No offense, but someone there should remember this campaign. :) Not all of us upgraders are veterans, so many old campaigns are totally uknown to us... ;)[/mobius]
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 04:35:45 pm by Mobius »
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]