Author Topic: Olympus Burning recruiting voice actors  (Read 11298 times)

Offline sigtau

• unfortunate technical art assclown
Olympus Burning recruiting voice actors
My campaign is looking for voice actors.   As the parts are needed, I will list them here...  so if you're interested, don't be shy!

Current Roles
Red denotes a taken role. Green denotes an open role.  Yellow denotes a role that may be taken soon BUT is still open for audition.  An asterisk (*) denotes a major part.  Parts can and probably will be added to this list as needed.

Command*

Male Pilot 1 (for builtin messages and certain parts of certain missions)
Male Pilot 2 (for builtin messages and certain parts of certain missions)
Male Pilot 3 (for builtin messages and certain parts of certain missions)<-- READ THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST, PLEASE
Female Pilot (for builtin messages and certain parts of certain missions)
Admiral Pollock (GTVA 5th Fleet Admiral) (ENGLISH/SCOTTISH ACCENT REQUIRED) *
Admiral McCarthy (TSA Admiral) *
Rear Admiral Palakida (TSA Rear Admiral) (Any accent acceptable)*
GTT Psyche - I got five auditions for this.  Let's just clarify: it's taken.

Sample Lines:

Eurysilas is pronounced "Yur-ih-SIHL-as" or "Yur-IH-sihl-as" (stress the uppercased syllable).

Admiral Pollock: PM me for details on this one.  Spoilers.

Admiral McCarthy: "This is Admiral McCarthy of the Terran Solar Alliance.  On behalf of my nation, I hereby declare ownership of the Delta Serpentis system.  If you do not comply with these declarations, you will have only the modified Orions in my arsenal to answer to."

Rear Admiral Palakida: "This is Rear Admiral Palakida of the TSD Eurysilas.  We have deployed transports and are attempting to capture the cruiser."

Male Pilot 2: "I'm getting some anomalous EM readings from the cargo.  Command, are you sure that Alpha wing needs to be attempting to scan the cargo?

Female Pilot: "I agree, Command, these readings show some massive amounts of energy inside a tiny space."

Thanks to General Battuta for merging the Olympus Burning related voice threads.

*** DUE TO ISSUES WITH A HARD DRIVE REFORMAT, I lost all the records involving who belongs to which part.  I know I have an external actor for Command and Male Pilot 1, I know that Something did Male Pilot 2... and Male Pilot 3... well, that's up in the air.  Some records on here may show that Something did Male Pilot 3, but the /data/voice/ folder says differently.  Olympus Burning itself did, in fact, survive the reformat.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 09:15:24 am by sigtau »
Who uses forum signatures anymore?

Re: Command, this is sigtau requesting a voice actor.
Sure, can I take a stab at this?

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I wouldn't mind taking a shot at the FS1 ending narrator's voice.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Sure, can I take a stab at this?

:welcome:

Welcome to HLP, Phantasm. As you may already know, it is customary here at HLP to shoot giant green beams of death at newcomers.

I notice that your first post is in Voice Acting. I'm a bit curious why you'd post here and not in, say, FreeSpace Modding. In short, what's Your Story™?

I'll give it a try if you can get me some samples of the voices as I do not have FS 1 or 2 installed atm.

Offline sigtau

Well, actually, I found a voiceactor elsewhere about 6 hours after making this post--however, I do have another part open.  Several.  Check the first post.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 11:19:41 pm by sigtau »

Offline sigtau

Seeking male voice actor
I need a male voice actor, preferably one that is older than 17 but younger than 30 years old.  Five lines.  You'll be playing the part of the GTT Psyche, an Elsyium class transport which attempts to dock with and capture an Orion destroyer which, at the moment, appears friendly.

The part has five lines.  Easy enough.

Lines:

This is the Psyche.  Now preparing to dock with the Orion.

Docking point secure.  Now boarding the Orion.  Move in, team.

We've entered the first bay on the auxillary bridge.  No sign of any crew onboard so far...

We've found crew members... most of them are unarmed.  Doesn't look like they're going to take us into custody.

They need data to reach our radio channels.  Command, permission to provide these Terrans with the channel?

Offline Rick James

• Scathed By Admins
Re: Seeking male voice actor
http://rapidshare.com/files/241726160/Line_Sample.zip.html

My microphone makes my voice sound a little higher-pitched than normal. If you want, I could alter the samples so that the pitch is lower.

Boystrous 19 year old temp at work slapped me in the face with an envelope and laughed it off as playful. So I shoved him over a desk and laughed it off as playful. It's on camera so I can plead reasonable force.  Temp is now passive.

Offline sigtau

Olympus Burning is recruiting voice actors, in this case, I'm looking particularly for anyone who has a decent British or Scottish accent.

If you choose to accept, then you get a nice and prominent role in the campaign (in this case, you get to be the game's leading Admiral, much like Admiral Petrarch, only English and younger sounding).

I'm willing to take just about anyone that comes in as long as they don't sound too much like a 15 year old.   :p

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: Olympus Burning recruiting voice actors
Topics merged and retitled. You can use your first post to indicate which roles are open and which have been filled.

Offline sigtau

Thanks.  Just made the revisions to the first post.

VOICE ACTING POSITIONS NOW OPEN!  :D

Offline FoxtrotTango

• "...in a way, you've stolen his soul."
It's kind of hard to audition for voice roles if we don't have any lines to use for equal comparison to other prospective actors. If you get some sample lines ready, I'd be glad to give it a shot.

Offline sigtau

I added some sample lines for you to send in for audition. ;)

Offline Darkblade

• Lurker
    • The Babylon Project website
Here is my audition for Palakida and Male Pilot 2. I apologize for the Duke Nukem voice on one sample. :drevil:

http://personal.inet.fi/koti/mauri.majanoja/OlympusBurning-Audition.rar
Mauri Darkblade Majanoja

Offline Darkblade

• Lurker
Re: Seeking male voice actor
http://personal.inet.fi/koti/mauri.majanoja/FreeSpace2-Psyche.rar

Here are my takes for the Psyche. Hope you find them useful. :)
Mauri Darkblade Majanoja

Offline sigtau

Darkblade, you have the part for Rear Admiral Palakida.  I could probably give you the part for Male Pilot 2 as well, which I will be considering (because you clearly have talent).  However, I can't give you the part for the Psyche because the Psyche and the Eurysilas interact through radio messages, and it will appear to sound like you're talking to yourself (which looks extremely unprofessional).

Other than that, you are quite the voice actor.  Nicely done.  :yes:

Offline FoxtrotTango

• "...in a way, you've stolen his soul."
Will the following attempts have enough force behind them to warrant a callback? I'll let you be the judge.

Admiral Pollock - Slower Read
Admiral Pollock - Faster Read

I started with Pollock's lines, the attempts resulting in two versions, a slower and a faster one to allow you to compare the two and choose your preferred sample.

Admiral McCarthy - Deeper Read
Admiral McCarthy - Louder Read

My attempts with McCarthy himself will hopefully come close to doing him justice. I tried a more normal, deeper tone, then a louder, sterner tone. Again, including both for comparison purposes.

Male Pilot 2

I ended my attempts with this one, just a backup plan in case the other attempts don't fare so well.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Sigtau, you probably want to tighten up the writing on your samples.

Take Admiral Pollock's line. "At 0800 hours, the Nautilus entered the Delta Serpentis asteroid belt.  The Delta Serpentis system is where the provisional GTVA government was originally set up, until its relocation in 2375 to the Ribos system.  This relocation was caused by several orders given to construct certain structures in Delta Serpentis, and because of the high traffic of freighters, transports, and cruisers alike, Allied Command had found a need to relocate."

The second sentence is nonsensical. The provisional GTVA government wasn't 'originally set up until its relocation'. Setting up happens once; it doesn't last until a relocation. Perhaps try "The provisional GTVA government was established in Delta Serpentis, where it remained until its relocation to the Ribos system in 2375."

The third sentence suffers from a broken second clause and a general lack of specificity. Try to be as specific as possible - 'several orders' should become 'the Security Council's orders' or somesuch. In addition, it's a passive construction of sorts.

Instead, try something like: "Allied Command's decision to relocate was spurred by an increase in civilian shipping in Delta Serpentis. The construction of certain critical structures has tripled freighter and transport traffic." More direct and clear.

Lastly, McCarthy's second line "If you do not comply with these declarations, you will have only the modified Orions in my arsenal to answer to" sounds a bit GI Joe-esque. It's clearly an attempt to fit in some in-line exposition about the nature of his warships, but it sounds unnatural. Again, more direct: "If you do not comply with this declaration, you will have my warships to answer to."

Offline Darkblade

• Lurker
Darkblade, you have the part for Rear Admiral Palakida.  I could probably give you the part for Male Pilot 2 as well, which I will be considering (because you clearly have talent).  However, I can't give you the part for the Psyche because the Psyche and the Eurysilas interact through radio messages, and it will appear to sound like you're talking to yourself (which looks extremely unprofessional).

Other than that, you are quite the voice actor.  Nicely done.  :yes:

Cheers. I did an audition for the Psyche because I thought it was for a different project. Sure, I could give Psyche a different voice or slightly different accent but yeah, I'm sure it would sound a bit strange. :)
Mauri Darkblade Majanoja

Offline sigtau

Sigtau, you probably want to tighten up the writing on your samples.

[stripped for length]

They're only audition lines, and aren't going to be used in the actual final product.