Author Topic: Hatshepsut  (Read 141754 times)

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Figures...just as soon as I get a video card that can actually handle them, they're being split into a separate file. :p

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Something I was wondering, compared to the Retail model the centerpoint is way off in the back rather than closer to where the bridge is, won't this change missions that feature the Hatshesput?

Offline Kolgena

It might in that one mission where the Sathanas blows big holes in the Psamtik. Or it might not.

Regardless, if it can be restored, it'd be cool.  The way it spins around and moves right now just seems weird to me.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
The centerpoint of the Hatshepsut was always fairly far back. I haven't looked at exactly where it is in this one, but IIRC in retail it was like... near the fighterbays, I think. Maybe a little forward of them, but it was definitely somewhere in the 'body' rather than anywhere in the neck or the head.

Offline Rga_Noris

• What?
I'll need to check when I get home, but I believe it's origin is the same as retail. If not, it's an easy fix.
I think I'll call REAL Mahjong 'Chinese Dominoes', just to make people think I'm an ignorant asshat.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
The centerpoint of the Hatshepsut was always fairly far back. I haven't looked at exactly where it is in this one, but IIRC in retail it was like... near the fighterbays, I think. Maybe a little forward of them, but it was definitely somewhere in the 'body' rather than anywhere in the neck or the head.
You misunderstood what I said. The new Hatshesput's center of gravity (Or whatever it would be called) is now near the Fighterbays almost on top of the Reactor, with the Retail model it is in the body, parallel to the Sensors and Communication subsystems (?), and just behind where the bridge is.

To support my observation, this was done on the Ship Lab, no cropping was done on the x-axis in order to properly split the ships in two along their center of gravity.

I'll need to check when I get home, but I believe it's origin is the same as retail. If not, it's an easy fix.
You'll notice it from the picture alone, it would be sweet to have it fixed.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 09:42:54 pm by Commander Zane »

Offline Rga_Noris

• What?
Huh. Its exactly 500m to the rear of where it should be. No idea how this happened. Give me half an hour.
I think I'll call REAL Mahjong 'Chinese Dominoes', just to make people think I'm an ignorant asshat.

Offline Rga_Noris

• What?
The retail Hatty contained auto centering data that I didnt notice the first time... added.

http://www.mediafire.com/?7u7a10l84btr6wb

Also has some new shine maps...

Offline lefkos

• your Hardstyle music producer
argh
i extracted the files
but when i run fs
its still the old model i see..
what could have gone wrong?
Music is an expression of our inner creativity.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I guess you didn't put the model in the correct directories. The pof file needs to be in mediavps\data\models, the ibx and tsb files in mediavps\data\cache, and the texture files in mediavps\data\maps.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
The retail Hatty contained auto centering data that I didnt notice the first time... added.

http://www.mediafire.com/?7u7a10l84btr6wb

Also has some new shine maps...

You're my hero! :yes:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline lefkos

• your Hardstyle music producer
I guess you didn't put the model in the correct directories. The pof file needs to be in mediavps\data\models, the ibx and tsb files in mediavps\data\cache, and the texture files in mediavps\data\maps.
thanks i putted in the wrong directory as you said
Music is an expression of our inner creativity.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Sweet, has that BP shine in it now, though maybe more than it needs.

Just out of curiosity, wouldn't the Center of gravity towards the rear make its turns more realistic moving and such or am i mistaken on that assumtion? i hate it when cap ships make turns that look so fake as the ship pitches/turns too fast for a ship of its size.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Well from looking at it, it does look as though most of the mass is in the back...

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Just out of curiosity, wouldn't the Center of gravity towards the rear make its turns more realistic moving and such or am i mistaken on that assumtion? i hate it when cap ships make turns that look so fake as the ship pitches/turns too fast for a ship of its size.

Changing the way the warships move could alter mission design severely. That can't be permitted.

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever

Changing the way the warships move could alter mission design severely. That can't be permitted.

Do any of them move like that in the main campaign anyway? Besides the Colossus in High Noon.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I don't think so, but there's something to be said in favour of not breaking missions in released mods that use them.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Rejoice, brothers! I have made some major enhancements to the textures, by divorcing the glowmaps from the diffuse maps. The overall effect is much improved! Please use these instead.

[attachment deleted by ninja]
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Kolgena

Might be my lighting settings, but the spotlight highlights look off. My brain isn't convinced that they're from the lights in the windows, and instead is interpreting them as weird broken glowy patches of paint or something.

I think it's because the luminosity isn't dropping off as the patch gets farther and curves away from the window. I'd go back and check to see how the original hattie made the highlights work, but I accidentally the old textures. BRB with an edit after I redownload.

Edit: I see the issue now. The previous glow looked more natural because the highlights included parts of the diffuse, especially between the gaps of yellow patches which suggests less directed light from windows. That can be tweaked though, I imagine.

Oh, and the window highlights in the back of the ship (the rather bright tan-looking ones) are all but gone now.

Edit2: K, using the new diffuse maps (though I'm not sure what was changed) with the old glow looks quite good to me. There might be small inconsistencies, but I didn't catch any in my 2 minute preview. One thing that might need to be looked at is the specular map though. I think it's still tinged yellow in the window spotlights.

Edit3: New diffuses have less diffuse emphasis on spotlights, which is good. I do like the improvements there.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 11:54:52 am by Kolgena »