Author Topic: Freelook Mode  (Read 3558 times)

Offline vupac

Hi,

I'm searching for a freelook mode. In the normal FS2 you're able to look around. However, you can't lock that freelock viewpoint. The background is that I'm using a dual monitor setup so the crosshair is exactly in the middle of the two edges, which is really bad. Is there a possibility to move the POV a few degrees to the left or right and then lock the view?
I've seen the trackIR work so this must be possible technically. Any ideas how to do that?

Thanks in advance
vupac

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i got some scripts for this which support key and 2 kinds of mouse look, unfortunately theyre buggy and wont be released till i get my ftp working again.

if you got a wiimote and a bluetooth dongle and some infrared leds you could probibly use freetrack.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 03:11:42 pm by Nuke »
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Swifty

• I reject your fantasy & substitute my own
I've been meaning to introduce hat slew commands after implementing TrackIR. The Free Look View command doesn't really do anything right now and I could have it such that you can use it to toggle from quick slew to pan slew.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i was thinking about scripting a combination view and steering system where the mouse controls the view angle, as if it were a trackir, but then the ship will try to turn to face the direction in which you are looking. so people without fancy hardware can get all the benefits of having a 3d cockpit, yet without the need of a trackir or other fancy hardware.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
You'd have to make sure to not affect the ship's turn speed... so I think this would need to be done, not by changing the steering, but by making the view direction use the same controls but be more responsive.

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Here's a r9226 SSE2 build with freelook repaired. To use freelook, simply hold down the Freelook control (Default bind to Pad 0) and then use your joystick, mouse, or pitch & yaw keys to control where your looking at. When you release the control, the view will re-center... exactly like how it's done in retail FS1 and FS2.

fs2_open_3_6_13d_r9226_SSE2_slew.exe

Link to Mantis ticket, along with .patch: http://scp.indiegames.us/mantis/view.php?id=2713
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 09:54:20 pm by z64555 »
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.