Author Topic: [RELEASE] Yet Another Launcher 0.3 RC2, fully functional for windows and linux  (Read 39467 times)

Offline Tomo

Re: [RELEASE] Yet Another Launcher 0.3 RC2, fully functional for windows and linux
While I wait for my machine to finish compiling (yes, it's actually as old as FreeSpace 2), a few notes:

Take a look at the QSettings class - this handles INI files and the Registry transparently.

This class solves most of your Registry and Ini file woes, and doesn't need to be singleton - just instantiate it wherever you need to read or write the data.
Also, you only tweak the constructor to flip between INI file and Registry, so it's trivial to change later if/when parts of Win32 FS2 Open move to INI files.

Offline Havner

Re: [RELEASE] Yet Another Launcher 0.3 RC2, fully functional for windows and linux
Take a look at the QSettings class - this handles INI files and the Registry transparently.

Thanks, I know of this class, but at the point I was deciding whether to use it or not something came in the way, don't remember at this point what was that but maybe I should give it another shot. Lots of code from this launcher will be made prettier sooner or later. F.e. all those registry setters/getters are not really necessary, it will be made more generic. It was coded with a little fever and I wanted to make this thing working and relatively bug free. Revamp will come afterwards :-)
Need a linux launcher? Check here.

Offline Tomo

Ok, can't compile this with VC9 - it's very unhappy about a lot of stuff in Registry_win.cpp and System_win.cpp
(Odd that, usually mingw is more fussy than VC)

Annoyingly, I don't know how to convince mingw not to rely on mingwm10.dll and libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll
- If anyone knows hints to solve that it would be greatly appreciated.

I've put the mingw compilation on FreeSpaceMods.net, currently pending approval.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 02:32:39 pm by Tomo »

Offline Havner

Ok, can't compile this with VC9 - it's very unhappy about a lot of stuff in Registry_win.cpp and System_win.cpp

PM me the output please.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
And why you'd have one? Doesn't wxLauncher requires/installs additional dependency as well? wxWidgets?
It's possible to embed the wxWidgets library inside the application.  So yes, it has an additional dependency, but that dependency does not come in the form of an additional install or an additional set of files.

If it is likewise possible to embed Qt inside an application, I'd love to see the resulting product.

For what it's worth, I agree with you. However, I've heard that some of the SCP members got badly burned by OpenAL and so don't want any external dependencies.
I agree too.  However, we've gotten so many support requests for help on the OpenAL problem that it's turned into a support nightmare.  So we've decided that external dependencies should be minimized.

And the MSVC redistributable doesn't qualify under this rule because it's included with Windows.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 03:07:21 pm by Goober5000 »

Offline Havner

If it is likewise possible to embed Qt inside an application, I'd love to see the resulting product.

Of course it is, it's called a static library. Every program can be prepared that way.

And the MSVC redistributable doesn't qualify under this rule because it's included with Windows.

Is it? Because as far as I know visual studio got lots of redist versions, even within one compiler version. Have a look at C:\Windows\WinSxS.

Those all are MFC/ATL/stdc++ redists you got, and believe me, NOT all of them are included with windows. I'll tell you more. Not all of them are available as separate downloads from microsoft site. Some are only in security updates available if you got previous version installed. To backup what i say take this:

VC80.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.4053

This is the latest VS80 redist. You can't download this redist from anyware but security updates through windows update. Image the hassle you get when you have this installed for VS2005 (it's in VS2005 SP1 ATL security update) and compile with it and your end user doesn't. People normally don't know those things because lots of programs they install put VS redists in various versions without even asking. But not all of them are included in windows.

(all of that is based on windows XP, I don't use newer versions but I'd suppose it's the same, the may have redists included, but only ones that were released prior to windows release).

@Tomo:
Got you output, it's becase of GNU extension I used, forgot that VC doesn't like it. You basically can't do something like this:

int n = 5;
char string[ n ];

I don't usually use that, but with Qt wchar to QString conversion where you can't specify your buffer size it's the fastest way to avoid buffer overflow. Simple change to new/delete will do.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I don't know the vagaries of the VC redistributable deployment, but I can tell you that we've never had any support requests because of it.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
That's because MS is really good about getting it slipped in.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Havner

And I'd love to see you satisfied  :D

Full static build, no additional libraries required (even openal is optional). Additionally this build got tabs, the nested ones. Maybe now you're gonna tell me what you think about that idea.

The drawback is the size of that thing, but it won't be smaller if you'd statically link wxWidgets. That's the price for portable statically linked application.

EDIT: link modified, removed the GroupBox frames inside tabs (leftover from RadioButton version, cosmetic change):
http://vega.livecd.pl/~havner/yal/windows-experimental/yal-0.3-rcX-static-tabs2.zip
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 05:42:38 pm by Havner »

Offline Tomo

Great.

Runs here OK so far - well done!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Awesome. :)

I will test this out over the next few days.

Offline Acegi

I can't seem to run the launcher. Is there meant to be a special folder that you need to put it in? I'm using Arch Linux and I get this error:
Code: [Select]
QIconvCodec::convertFromUnicode: using ASCII for conversion, iconv_open failed
QIconvCodec::convertToUnicode: using ASCII for conversion, iconv_open failed
QGtkStyle was unable to detect the current GTK+ theme.
gamedir: /home/gamer/.fs2_open
launcher6.ini not found, select exec using browse button.
Can't load fs2_open.ini.

(process:12706): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: gtype.c:2458: initialization assertion failed, use IA__g_type_init() prior to this function

(process:12706): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_once_init_leave: assertion `initialization_value != 0' failed

(process:12706): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: gtype.c:2458: initialization assertion failed, use IA__g_type_init() prior to this function

(process:12706): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_type_add_interface_static: assertion `G_TYPE_IS_INSTANTIATABLE (instance_type)' failed

(process:12706): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_type_add_interface_static: assertion `G_TYPE_IS_INSTANTIATABLE (instance_type)' failed

(process:12706): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_style_get: assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed
I moved the launcher to the same folder with "fs2_open.ini" but it still has the exact same errors.

Offline Havner

Those messages about launcher6.ini and fs2_open.ini are just for information. those files are not required to run launcher, they will be created on save. YAL needs to be in the game dir, dir where you got your game binary and data folder. But still it should run from any folder, just won't be able to find a game.

Does the GUI window show for you at all?

What seems strange are those GTK messages. I suppose that you got some gtk engine set as QT style. And it can't find current gtk style, still tries to load gtk.

Run qtconfig and select some more basic QT style, like plastique or cleanlooks and try then. At least we'd see what's at fault here.

What's your QT version? It's strange that QT would be compiled without iconv. And did you build YAL from source or used the binary version? If it's the latter try to build it yourself.

Offline Acegi

The GUI window is shown but it has no buttons or tab pages at all. It's essentially blank. I am using 64bit but that shouldn't matter.

I compiled it myself and it loads fine now. Thanks for the advice!

Offline sully

Hello There.

When I try and compile YAL, I don't end up with any launcher file in the bin folder. I've double checked that I've got all dependencies installed, (Ubuntu 8.10), and have read all the readme files that I possibily can.

any help with this would be greatly appreciated.  

this is what comes up on my terminal...

src/unix/System_unix.cpp:86: error: ‘SDL_ListModes’ was not declared in this scope
src/unix/System_unix.cpp:107: error: ‘SDL_INIT_VIDEO’ was not declared in this scope
src/unix/System_unix.cpp:107: error: ‘SDL_QuitSubSystem’ was not declared in this scope
src/unix/System_unix.cpp: In static member function ‘static QStringList System::enumerateAudioDevices()’:
src/unix/System_unix.cpp:129: error: ‘ALC_DEVICE_SPECIFIER’ was not declared in this scope
src/unix/System_unix.cpp:129: error: ‘alcGetString’ was not declared in this scope
src/unix/System_unix.cpp: In static member function ‘static QStringList System::enumerateJoystickDevices()’:
src/unix/System_unix.cpp:156: error: ‘SDL_INIT_JOYSTICK’ was not declared in this scope
src/unix/System_unix.cpp:156: error: ‘SDL_InitSubSystem’ was not declared in this scope
src/unix/System_unix.cpp:159: error: ‘SDL_NumJoysticks’ was not declared in this scope
src/unix/System_unix.cpp:165: error: ‘SDL_JoystickName’ was not declared in this scope
src/unix/System_unix.cpp:168: error: ‘SDL_INIT_JOYSTICK’ was not declared in this scope
src/unix/System_unix.cpp:168: error: ‘SDL_QuitSubSystem’ was not declared in this scope
make[1]: *** [release/System_unix.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/administrator/yal/trunk'
make: *** [release] Error 2
make -f Makefile.Release clean
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/administrator/yal/trunk'
rm -f release/moc_MainWindow.cpp release/moc_MyCheckBox.cpp release/moc_MyCheckBoxList.cpp release/moc_MyLabelAA.cpp release/moc_MyLabelAF.cpp release/moc_TabWelcome.cpp release/moc_TabFeatures.cpp release/moc_TabMod.cpp release/moc_TabVideo.cpp release/moc_TabAudioJoy.cpp release/moc_TabSpeech.cpp release/moc_TabNetwork.cpp release/moc_TabRegistry.cpp
rm -f release/qrc_res_common.cpp release/qrc_res_tbp.cpp
rm -f ui_MainWindow.h ui_TabWelcome.h ui_TabFeatures.h ui_TabMod.h ui_TabVideo.h ui_TabAudioJoy.h ui_TabSpeech.h ui_TabNetwork.h ui_TabRegistry.h
rm -f release/main.o release/FilePaths.o release/Registry.o release/System.o release/Settings.o release/IniParser.o release/GameInfo.o release/MainWindow.o release/MyCheckBox.o release/MyCheckBoxList.o release/MyDialogSelectMod.o release/MyLabelAA.o release/MyLabelAF.o release/TabWelcome.o release/TabFeatures.o release/TabMod.o release/TabVideo.o release/TabAudioJoy.o release/TabSpeech.o release/TabNetwork.o release/TabRegistry.o release/FilePaths_unix.o release/Registry_unix.o release/System_unix.o release/moc_MainWindow.o release/moc_MyCheckBox.o release/moc_MyCheckBoxList.o release/moc_MyLabelAA.o release/moc_MyLabelAF.o release/moc_TabWelcome.o release/moc_TabFeatures.o release/moc_TabMod.o release/moc_TabVideo.o release/moc_TabAudioJoy.o release/moc_TabSpeech.o release/moc_TabNetwork.o release/moc_TabRegistry.o release/qrc_res_common.o release/qrc_res_tbp.o
rm -f *~ core *.core
make -f Makefile.Debug clean
rm -f debug/moc_MainWindow.cpp debug/moc_MyCheckBox.cpp debug/moc_MyCheckBoxList.cpp debug/moc_MyLabelAA.cpp debug/moc_MyLabelAF.cpp debug/moc_TabWelcome.cpp debug/moc_TabFeatures.cpp debug/moc_TabMod.cpp debug/moc_TabVideo.cpp debug/moc_TabAudioJoy.cpp debug/moc_TabSpeech.cpp debug/moc_TabNetwork.cpp debug/moc_TabRegistry.cpp
rm -f debug/qrc_res_common.cpp debug/qrc_res_tbp.cpp
rm -f ui_MainWindow.h ui_TabWelcome.h ui_TabFeatures.h ui_TabMod.h ui_TabVideo.h ui_TabAudioJoy.h ui_TabSpeech.h ui_TabNetwork.h ui_TabRegistry.h
rm -f debug/main.o debug/FilePaths.o debug/Registry.o debug/System.o debug/Settings.o debug/IniParser.o debug/GameInfo.o debug/MainWindow.o debug/MyCheckBox.o debug/MyCheckBoxList.o debug/MyDialogSelectMod.o debug/MyLabelAA.o debug/MyLabelAF.o debug/TabWelcome.o debug/TabFeatures.o debug/TabMod.o debug/TabVideo.o debug/TabAudioJoy.o debug/TabSpeech.o debug/TabNetwork.o debug/TabRegistry.o debug/FilePaths_unix.o debug/Registry_unix.o debug/System_unix.o debug/moc_MainWindow.o debug/moc_MyCheckBox.o debug/moc_MyCheckBoxList.o debug/moc_MyLabelAA.o debug/moc_MyLabelAF.o debug/moc_TabWelcome.o debug/moc_TabFeatures.o debug/moc_TabMod.o debug/moc_TabVideo.o debug/moc_TabAudioJoy.o debug/moc_TabSpeech.o debug/moc_TabNetwork.o debug/moc_TabRegistry.o debug/qrc_res_common.o debug/qrc_res_tbp.o
rm -f *~ core *.core
You can run 'make release' now.
make -f Makefile.Release
/usr/bin/uic-qt4 ui/MainWindow.ui -o ui_MainWindow.h
/usr/bin/uic-qt4 ui/TabWelcome.ui -o ui_TabWelcome.h
/usr/bin/uic-qt4 ui/TabFeatures.ui -o ui_TabFeatures.h
/usr/bin/uic-qt4 ui/TabMod.ui -o ui_TabMod.h
/usr/bin/uic-qt4 ui/TabVideo.ui -o ui_TabVideo.h
/usr/bin/uic-qt4 ui/TabAudioJoy.ui -o ui_TabAudioJoy.h
/usr/bin/uic-qt4 ui/TabSpeech.ui -o ui_TabSpeech.h
/usr/bin/uic-qt4 ui/TabNetwork.ui -o ui_TabNetwork.h
/usr/bin/uic-qt4 ui/TabRegistry.ui -o ui_TabRegistry.h
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DWCSAGA -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/gui -Irelease -I. -o release/main.o src/main.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DWCSAGA -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/gui -Irelease -I. -o release/FilePaths.o src/FilePaths.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DWCSAGA -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/gui -Irelease -I. -o release/Registry.o src/Registry.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DWCSAGA -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/gui -Irelease -I. -o release/System.o src/System.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DWCSAGA -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/gui -Irelease -I. -o release/Settings.o src/Settings.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DWCSAGA -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/gui -Irelease -I. -o release/IniParser.o src/IniParser.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DWCSAGA -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/gui -Irelease -I. -o release/GameInfo.o src/GameInfo.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DWCSAGA -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/gui -Irelease -I. -o release/MainWindow.o src/gui/MainWindow.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DWCSAGA -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/gui -Irelease -I. -o release/MyCheckBox.o src/gui/MyCheckBox.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DWCSAGA -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/gui -Irelease -I. -o release/MyCheckBoxList.o src/gui/MyCheckBoxList.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DWCSAGA -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/gui -Irelease -I. -o release/MyDialogSelectMod.o src/gui/MyDialogSelectMod.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DWCSAGA -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/gui -Irelease -I. -o release/MyLabelAA.o src/gui/MyLabelAA.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DWCSAGA -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/gui -Irelease -I. -o release/MyLabelAF.o src/gui/MyLabelAF.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DWCSAGA -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/gui -Irelease -I. -o release/TabWelcome.o src/gui/TabWelcome.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DWCSAGA -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/gui -Irelease -I. -o release/TabFeatures.o src/gui/TabFeatures.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DWCSAGA -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/gui -Irelease -I. -o release/TabMod.o src/gui/TabMod.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DWCSAGA -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/gui -Irelease -I. -o release/TabVideo.o src/gui/TabVideo.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DWCSAGA -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/gui -Irelease -I. -o release/TabAudioJoy.o src/gui/TabAudioJoy.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DWCSAGA -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/gui -Irelease -I. -o release/TabSpeech.o src/gui/TabSpeech.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DWCSAGA -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/gui -Irelease -I. -o release/TabNetwork.o src/gui/TabNetwork.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DWCSAGA -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/gui -Irelease -I. -o release/TabRegistry.o src/gui/TabRegistry.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DWCSAGA -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/gui -Irelease -I. -o release/FilePaths_unix.o src/unix/FilePaths_unix.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DWCSAGA -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/gui -Irelease -I. -o release/Registry_unix.o src/unix/Registry_unix.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DWCSAGA -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/gui -Irelease -I. -o release/System_unix.o src/unix/System_unix.cpp
src/unix/System_unix.cpp:9:20: error: AL/alc.h: No such file or directory
src/unix/System_unix.cpp:10:21: error: SDL/SDL.h: No such file or directory
src/unix/System_unix.cpp: In static member function ‘static QStringList System::enumerateResolutions()’:
src/unix/System_unix.cpp:82: error: ‘SDL_INIT_VIDEO’ was not declared in this scope
src/unix/System_unix.cpp:82: error: ‘SDL_InitSubSystem’ was not declared in this scope
src/unix/System_unix.cpp:86: error: ‘SDL_Rect’ was not declared in this scope
src/unix/System_unix.cpp:86: error: ‘modes’ was not declared in this scope
src/unix/System_unix.cpp:86: error: ‘SDL_FULLSCREEN’ was not declared in this scope
src/unix/System_unix.cpp:86: error: ‘SDL_HWSURFACE’ was not declared in this scope
src/unix/System_unix.cpp:86: error: ‘SDL_ListModes’ was not declared in this scope
src/unix/System_unix.cpp:107: error: ‘SDL_INIT_VIDEO’ was not declared in this scope
src/unix/System_unix.cpp:107: error: ‘SDL_QuitSubSystem’ was not declared in this scope
src/unix/System_unix.cpp: In static member function ‘static QStringList System::enumerateAudioDevices()’:
src/unix/System_unix.cpp:129: error: ‘ALC_DEVICE_SPECIFIER’ was not declared in this scope
src/unix/System_unix.cpp:129: error: ‘alcGetString’ was not declared in this scope
src/unix/System_unix.cpp: In static member function ‘static QStringList System::enumerateJoystickDevices()’:
src/unix/System_unix.cpp:156: error: ‘SDL_INIT_JOYSTICK’ was not declared in this scope
src/unix/System_unix.cpp:156: error: ‘SDL_InitSubSystem’ was not declared in this scope
src/unix/System_unix.cpp:159: error: ‘SDL_NumJoysticks’ was not declared in this scope
src/unix/System_unix.cpp:165: error: ‘SDL_JoystickName’ was not declared in this scope
src/unix/System_unix.cpp:168: error: ‘SDL_INIT_JOYSTICK’ was not declared in this scope
src/unix/System_unix.cpp:168: error: ‘SDL_QuitSubSystem’ was not declared in this scope
rm -f release/moc_MainWindow.cpp release/moc_MyCheckBox.cpp release/moc_MyCheckBoxList.cpp release/moc_MyLabelAA.cpp release/moc_MyLabelAF.cpp release/moc_TabWelcome.cpp release/moc_TabFeatures.cpp release/moc_TabMod.cpp release/moc_TabVideo.cpp release/moc_TabAudioJoy.cpp release/moc_TabSpeech.cpp release/moc_TabNetwork.cpp release/moc_TabRegistry.cpp
rm -f release/qrc_res_common.cpp release/qrc_res_wcsaga.cpp
rm -f release/main.o release/FilePaths.o release/Registry.o release/System.o release/Settings.o release/IniParser.o release/GameInfo.o release/MainWindow.o release/MyCheckBox.o release/MyCheckBoxList.o release/MyDialogSelectMod.o release/MyLabelAA.o release/MyLabelAF.o release/TabWelcome.o release/TabFeatures.o release/TabMod.o release/TabVideo.o release/TabAudioJoy.o release/TabSpeech.o release/TabNetwork.o release/TabRegistry.o release/FilePaths_unix.o release/Registry_unix.o release/System_unix.o release/moc_MainWindow.o release/moc_MyCheckBox.o release/moc_MyCheckBoxList.o release/moc_MyLabelAA.o release/moc_MyLabelAF.o release/moc_TabWelcome.o release/moc_TabFeatures.o release/moc_TabMod.o release/moc_TabVideo.o release/moc_TabAudioJoy.o release/moc_TabSpeech.o release/moc_TabNetwork.o release/moc_TabRegistry.o release/qrc_res_common.o release/qrc_res_wcsaga.o
rm -f *~ core *.core
rm -f debug/moc_MainWindow.cpp debug/moc_MyCheckBox.cpp debug/moc_MyCheckBoxList.cpp debug/moc_MyLabelAA.cpp debug/moc_MyLabelAF.cpp debug/moc_TabWelcome.cpp debug/moc_TabFeatures.cpp debug/moc_TabMod.cpp debug/moc_TabVideo.cpp debug/moc_TabAudioJoy.cpp debug/moc_TabSpeech.cpp debug/moc_TabNetwork.cpp debug/moc_TabRegistry.cpp
rm -f debug/qrc_res_common.cpp debug/qrc_res_wcsaga.cpp
rm -f debug/main.o debug/FilePaths.o debug/Registry.o debug/System.o debug/Settings.o debug/IniParser.o debug/GameInfo.o debug/MainWindow.o debug/MyCheckBox.o debug/MyCheckBoxList.o debug/MyDialogSelectMod.o debug/MyLabelAA.o debug/MyLabelAF.o debug/TabWelcome.o debug/TabFeatures.o debug/TabMod.o debug/TabVideo.o debug/TabAudioJoy.o debug/TabSpeech.o debug/TabNetwork.o debug/TabRegistry.o debug/FilePaths_unix.o debug/Registry_unix.o debug/System_unix.o debug/moc_MainWindow.o debug/moc_MyCheckBox.o debug/moc_MyCheckBoxList.o debug/moc_MyLabelAA.o debug/moc_MyLabelAF.o debug/moc_TabWelcome.o debug/moc_TabFeatures.o debug/moc_TabMod.o debug/moc_TabVideo.o debug/moc_TabAudioJoy.o debug/moc_TabSpeech.o debug/moc_TabNetwork.o debug/moc_TabRegistry.o debug/qrc_res_common.o debug/qrc_res_wcsaga.o
rm -f *~ core *.core
You can run 'make release' now.
make -f Makefile.Release
/usr/bin/uic-qt4 ui/MainWindow.ui -o ui_MainWindow.h
/usr/bin/uic-qt4 ui/TabWelcome.ui -o ui_TabWelcome.h
/usr/bin/uic-qt4 ui/TabFeatures.ui -o ui_TabFeatures.h
/usr/bin/uic-qt4 ui/TabMod.ui -o ui_TabMod.h
/usr/bin/uic-qt4 ui/TabVideo.ui -o ui_TabVideo.h
/usr/bin/uic-qt4 ui/TabAudioJoy.ui -o ui_TabAudioJoy.h
/usr/bin/uic-qt4 ui/TabSpeech.ui -o ui_TabSpeech.h
/usr/bin/uic-qt4 ui/TabNetwork.ui -o ui_TabNetwork.h
/usr/bin/uic-qt4 ui/TabRegistry.ui -o ui_TabRegistry.h
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/gui -Irelease -I. -o release/main.o src/main.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/gui -Irelease -I. -o release/FilePaths.o src/FilePaths.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/gui -Irelease -I. -o release/Registry.o src/Registry.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/gui -Irelease -I. -o release/System.o src/System.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/gui -Irelease -I. -o release/Settings.o src/Settings.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/gui -Irelease -I. -o release/IniParser.o src/IniParser.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/gui -Irelease -I. -o release/GameInfo.o src/GameInfo.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/gui -Irelease -I. -o release/MainWindow.o src/gui/MainWindow.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/gui -Irelease -I. -o release/MyCheckBox.o src/gui/MyCheckBox.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/gui -Irelease -I. -o release/MyCheckBoxList.o src/gui/MyCheckBoxList.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/gui -Irelease -I. -o release/MyDialogSelectMod.o src/gui/MyDialogSelectMod.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/gui -Irelease -I. -o release/MyLabelAA.o src/gui/MyLabelAA.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/gui -Irelease -I. -o release/MyLabelAF.o src/gui/MyLabelAF.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/gui -Irelease -I. -o release/TabWelcome.o src/gui/TabWelcome.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/gui -Irelease -I. -o release/TabFeatures.o src/gui/TabFeatures.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/gui -Irelease -I. -o release/TabMod.o src/gui/TabMod.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/gui -Irelease -I. -o release/TabVideo.o src/gui/TabVideo.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/gui -Irelease -I. -o release/TabAudioJoy.o src/gui/TabAudioJoy.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/gui -Irelease -I. -o release/TabSpeech.o src/gui/TabSpeech.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/gui -Irelease -I. -o release/TabNetwork.o src/gui/TabNetwork.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/gui -Irelease -I. -o release/TabRegistry.o src/gui/TabRegistry.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/gui -Irelease -I. -o release/FilePaths_unix.o src/unix/FilePaths_unix.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/gui -Irelease -I. -o release/Registry_unix.o src/unix/Registry_unix.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/gui -Irelease -I. -o release/System_unix.o src/unix/System_unix.cpp
src/unix/System_unix.cpp:9:20: error: AL/alc.h: No such file or directory
src/unix/System_unix.cpp:10:21: error: SDL/SDL.h: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/moc-qt4 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/gui -Irelease -I. src/gui/MainWindow.h -o release/moc_MainWindow.cpp
/usr/bin/moc-qt4 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/gui -Irelease -I. src/gui/MyCheckBox.h -o release/moc_MyCheckBox.cpp
/usr/bin/moc-qt4 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/gui -Irelease -I. src/gui/MyCheckBoxList.h -o release/moc_MyCheckBoxList.cpp
src/unix/System_unix.cpp: In static member function ‘static QStringList System::enumerateResolutions()’:
src/unix/System_unix.cpp:82: error: ‘SDL_INIT_VIDEO’ was not declared in this scope
src/unix/System_unix.cpp:82: error: ‘SDL_InitSubSystem’ was not declared in this scope
src/unix/System_unix.cpp:86: error: ‘SDL_Rect’ was not declared in this scope
src/unix/System_unix.cpp:86: error: ‘modes’ was not declared in this scope
src/unix/System_unix.cpp:86: error: ‘SDL_FULLSCREEN’ was not declared in this scope
src/unix/System_unix.cpp:86: error: ‘SDL_HWSURFACE’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/bin/moc-qt4 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/gui -Irelease -I. src/gui/MyLabelAA.h -o release/moc_MyLabelAA.cpp
rm -f release/qrc_res_common.cpp release/qrc_res_fs2_open.cpp
rm -f release/main.o release/FilePaths.o release/Registry.o release/System.o release/Settings.o release/IniParser.o release/GameInfo.o release/MainWindow.o release/MyCheckBox.o release/MyCheckBoxList.o release/MyDialogSelectMod.o release/MyLabelAA.o release/MyLabelAF.o release/TabWelcome.o release/TabFeatures.o release/TabMod.o release/TabVideo.o release/TabAudioJoy.o release/TabSpeech.o release/TabNetwork.o release/TabRegistry.o release/FilePaths_unix.o release/Registry_unix.o release/System_unix.o release/moc_MainWindow.o release/moc_MyCheckBox.o release/moc_MyCheckBoxList.o release/moc_MyLabelAA.o release/moc_MyLabelAF.o release/moc_TabWelcome.o release/moc_TabFeatures.o release/moc_TabMod.o release/moc_TabVideo.o release/moc_TabAudioJoy.o release/moc_TabSpeech.o release/moc_TabNetwork.o release/moc_TabRegistry.o release/qrc_res_common.o release/qrc_res_fs2_open.o
rm -f *~ core *.core
rm -f debug/qrc_res_common.cpp debug/qrc_res_fs2_open.cpp
rm -f debug/main.o debug/FilePaths.o debug/Registry.o debug/System.o debug/Settings.o debug/IniParser.o debug/GameInfo.o debug/MainWindow.o debug/MyCheckBox.o debug/MyCheckBoxList.o debug/MyDialogSelectMod.o debug/MyLabelAA.o debug/MyLabelAF.o debug/TabWelcome.o debug/TabFeatures.o debug/TabMod.o debug/TabVideo.o debug/TabAudioJoy.o debug/TabSpeech.o debug/TabNetwork.o debug/TabRegistry.o debug/FilePaths_unix.o debug/Registry_unix.o debug/System_unix.o debug/moc_MainWindow.o debug/moc_MyCheckBox.o debug/moc_MyCheckBoxList.o debug/moc_MyLabelAA.o debug/moc_MyLabelAF.o debug/moc_TabWelcome.o debug/moc_TabFeatures.o debug/moc_TabMod.o debug/moc_TabVideo.o debug/moc_TabAudioJoy.o debug/moc_TabSpeech.o debug/moc_TabNetwork.o debug/moc_TabRegistry.o debug/qrc_res_common.o debug/qrc_res_fs2_open.o
rm -f *~ core *.core
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 07:11:28 pm by sully »

Offline Havner

It can't find SDL and OpenAL header files. Do you have sdl/openal devel packages installed?

If so, do you have /usr/include/SDL and /usr/include/AL dirs?

Patch to open URLs with the user's preferred application on Unix (http://portland.freedesktop.org/xdg-utils-1.0/xdg-open.html)
--- src/unix/System_unix.cpp.orig
+++ src/unix/System_unix.cpp
@@ -11,7 +11,7 @@

#include "System.h"

-#define BROWSERCMD "browser"
+#define BROWSERCMD "xdg-open"

/********************************** MISC **********************************/

Patch to not show resolutions that aren't 4/3 on Unix
--- src/unix/System_unix.cpp.orig
+++ src/unix/System_unix.cpp
@@ -99,6 +99,8 @@ QStringList System::enumerateResolutions
  continue;
  if( modes[ i ]->h < 480 )
  continue;
+ if( modes[ i ]->w != 4 * modes[ i ]->h / 3 )
+ continue;

qstrl.append( QString( "%1x%2" ).arg( modes[ i ]->w ).arg( modes[ i ]->h ) );
  }

Packaged for openSUSE in the home:RedDwarf OBS repository (http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/RedDwarf/). But it's also patched to:
- First search fs2_open in /usr/bin. If isn't found continue as always.
- If $PWD has a root_fs2.vp or Root_fs2.vp file use it as gamedir. Otherwise use /usr/share/fs2_open as gamedir. Meaning:
--- src/Settings.cpp.orig
+++ src/Settings.cpp
@@ -26,8 +26,13 @@ bool Settings::initialize()
  {
  if( ! ipLauncher6.loadIni( FILEPATHS.getGameLauncherIni() ) )
  {
- qWarning( "launcher6.ini not found, select exec using browse button." );
- return false;
+ if( ! QFile::exists( FS2EXEC_PATH ) )
+ {
+ qWarning( "launcher6.ini not found, select exec using browse button." );
+ return false;
+ } else {
+ return setExeFilePath( FS2EXEC_PATH );
+ }
  }
  }

@@ -39,15 +44,6 @@ bool Settings::setExeFilePath( const QSt
 {
  QString qstrExe = QFileInfo( qstrExeFilePath ).canonicalFilePath();

- /* check if the exe is in our game dir */
- if( QFileInfo( qstrExe ).exists() && QFileInfo( qstrExe ).path() != FILEPATHS.getGameDir() )
- {
- System::warning( "The launcher must be in the same directory as the binary you are trying to use. Trying to find binary in the launcher directory instead." );
-
- /* try to find it in our current dir */
- qstrExe = FILEPATHS.getGameDir() + '/' + QFileInfo( qstrExeFilePath ).fileName();
- }
-
  /*
  * the following should never happen as we select file by file
  * dialog, the only option is to modify launcher6.ini by hand
--- src/unix/FilePaths_unix.cpp.orig
+++ src/unix/FilePaths_unix.cpp
@@ -20,28 +20,10 @@

bool FilePaths::initialize( const QString & qstrArgv0 )
 {
- QFileInfo qfiPath = qstrArgv0;
-
- /* launcher was run by giving a path to the executable */
- if( qfiPath.exists() )
- m_qstrGameDir = qfiPath.canonicalPath();
-
- /* launcher was run by PATH, we need to find it to read symlink */
+ if( QFile::exists("root_fs2.vp") || QFile::exists("Root_fs2.vp"))
+ m_qstrGameDir = QDir::currentPath();
  else
- {
- QString qstrPathEnv = getenv( "PATH" );
- QStringList qstrlPaths = qstrPathEnv.split( ":", QString::SkipEmptyParts );
-
- for( int i = 0; i < qstrlPaths.size(); i++ )
- {
- QString qstrPath = qstrlPaths.at( i );
- qstrPath.append( "/" ).append( qstrArgv0 );
- qfiPath = qstrPath;
-
- if( qfiPath.exists() )
- m_qstrGameDir = qfiPath.canonicalPath();
- }
- }
+ m_qstrGameDir = GAMEDIR_PATH;

qWarning( "gamedir: %s", m_qstrGameDir.toAscii().data() );

Offline Havner

Patch to open URLs with the user's preferred application on Unix (http://portland.freedesktop.org/xdg-utils-1.0/xdg-open.html)

Good catch, thanks, never though of that.

Patch to not show resolutions that aren't 4/3 on Unix

Can't included that, non 4/3 resolutions maybe are not looking best but they work, interface is stretched but 3D is not. I'm using one myself. I don't see a reason why user couldn't select that.

Packaged for openSUSE in the home:RedDwarf OBS repository (http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/RedDwarf/). But it's also patched to:
- First search fs2_open in /usr/bin. If isn't found continue as always.
- If $PWD has a root_fs2.vp or Root_fs2.vp file use it as gamedir. Otherwise use /usr/share/fs2_open as gamedir. Meaning:

Thanks for suse rpm.

About the patch it was never meant to run fs2_open in an unix matter (data in shared, binary in bin) because I actually never though that someone is packaging fs2_open in such manner. You're the second person pointing me such solution during last week. Definitely will patch it one way or another to support such solution.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Actually setting up the dir structure like that is something I didn't think would work yet.  That's interesting if it does already.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Havner

Actually setting up the dir structure like that is something I didn't think would work yet.  That's interesting if it does already.

You know, I had another user that pointed me to a structure where data dir (main fs2_open files) are in a completely different dir then some mods (or at least that's the way I understood it). Didn't sit to it yet but I hope i will soon testing what can work and what can't and update yal accordingly to support all those solutions.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 11:15:29 am by Havner »