For those of you who missed the last one.
Diaspora still isn't quite at the point where we will start adding the voice acting yet but we still want to know who is available to act for us.
We have a variety of major and minor parts we'll need to fill. As with the 1st casting call we're going to start with stuff from message.tbl as that is the most generic stuff and can be used even if someone records lines for us and then isn't available later for a full part. For those of you who don't know much about the engine, message.tbl handles the generic stuff from the redshirts you fly with like "Behind you!" or "DRADIS contacts!"
Here's a list of sample entries.
- All Clear - "Area clear, sir."
- Arrive Enemy - "Bandits on DRADIS!"
- Attack My Target - "Wilco sir, engaging enemy."
- Backup - "Reinforcements awaiting orders, sir."
- Red Team Arrived - "Red wing has arrived."
- Check your six - "Behind you pilot!"
- Death - "Krypter! Krypter! Kryp---"
- Green Team Arrived - "This is Green wing, we have arrived."
- Depart - "Wilco sir, departing now."
- Disable My Target - "Disabling target, sir."
- Disarm My Target - "No problem sir. Disarming now."
- Engage Enemy - "Time to rack up some kills!"
- Purple Team Arrived - "Purple team here, what are your orders, sir?"
- Blue Team Arrived - "Blue team, ready to engage."
- Help - "I need some help here!"
- Ignore My Target - "Wilco, seeking other targets."
- No - "That's a big negatory, sir."
- No Target - "There's nothing on DRADIS in range, pilot."
- Friendly Fire - "Watch where you're shooting damn it!"
- Player Dead - "Pilot down! Repeat pilot down!"
- Praise Player Kill - "Scratch one bogey sir?"
- Praise Own Kill - "Damn I'm good!"
- Praise Player Getting Multiple Kills - "I should start taking notes, great work sir!"
- Out of Missiles - "I'm out of missiles!"
- Need Repair - "Lords, I need backup here!"
- Stray/AWOL/Desertion Warning - "Last time I checked we weren't aborting the mission."
- Traitor - "You're going to regret this!"
- Yes - "Acknowledged."
- Low on Fuel - "I'm Bingo Fuel sir."
- Out of Fuel - "Shutting down engines, sir."
- Out of Bullets - "Guns are running dry"
As before you may choose to record these or you can try to record a set of lines that cover the same situations with different words. Feel free to be creative but bear in mind that Colonial pilots won't always be facing Cylons (for instance in multiplayer TvT) and any messages that do refer to toasters are going to sound rather strange there. Try to keep swearing to a very occasional frak or gods damn. We'd like to see all the lines covered so that we can judge your range.
In the last round of tryouts we had many people who simply read the lines out loud. We need people who can actually act the lines. So if you're saying a line with some emotion in it, we want to hear that. Listen to your lines before you send them in. If they sound rather dull and emotionless to you, they probably will to us too.
In general we're probably simply going to use your lines to judge your acting ability prior to a callback but the team reserve the right to use any voice acting samples sent to us (with credit) in any way we see fit for the game. (I say that mainly so that we don't have any issues if we can't contact someone who provides samples but want to use them in the game anyway).
Make sure that any voice acting you send us is as clear as possible. You may be the next Robert De Niro but it won't count for anything if we can hardly hear your voice over pops, clicks and the whine of your processor fan. Each of the lines should be in a separate 16bit 44khz stereo wav file. The entire set should then be archived (preferably rar or 7zip) before emailing them to diasporavoices [AT] googlemail.com. Please do not send mp3 files as we can't use them in the game so they will most likely be filed in the bin.
If this thread is still stickied at the top of the forum, the audition is still open so don't worry about sending the files.