Author Topic: FreeSpace Port 3.2 + FSPort Media VPs 3.6.12 Release!  (Read 38967 times)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
FreeSpace Port 3.2 + FSPort Media VPs 3.6.12 Release!
Freespace Port 3.2 + FSPort Media VPs 3.6.12 Release

With the next version of FreeSpace Open comes the next version of FreeSpace Port, and full compatibility with the latest MediaVPs!

New upgrades and enhancements include:
  • Full interface art and in-game models for new weapons, including the Serkr, Vasudan Light Laser, and Barracuda!
  • Remastered Command Briefing Animations optimized for high resolutions!
  • Remastered Ancients and Endgame cutscenes!
  • Operation Templar in a balanced, chronologically accurate single-player campaign!
  • New backgrounds for asteroid field missions!
  • Restoration of the classic FS1-style icons for command briefings and loadout art!

As always FSPort remains retail compatible but optimized for Freespace Open. This release is fully compatible with FSO 3.6.12 and the 3.6.12 MediaVPs, with its own graphical enhancements package! This new release includes:
  • Shine maps, glow maps, and normal maps for all classic ships!
  • High-poly enhanced models for the PVF Anubis, PVSC Imhotep, and Vasudan Asteroid Base!
  • Upgraded special effects, including beam cannon blowthrough, flaming debris, flashing bomb detonations, and more!

Downloads

You may download version 3.2 automatically using The FreeSpace Open Installer or manually via the links below.

Retail Package Approx. 350 mb.
Contains core files for play without FreeSpace Open. Also acceptable for multiplayer clients.

Complete Package Approx. 1.2 gb.
Contains complete package for use with FSO 3.6.12, including the FSPort MediaVP, music, OGG cutscenes, and high-res CB anis.

Mirrored Individual Downloads:

Core package
Audio package
CB Anis package
Movies package

Installation

Retail FS2 (NOT FS2 Open): You must have retail FreeSpace 2 installed. Unpack the 'FSPort Retail' package to your Freespace2 directory. Make a new pilot, and go to the Campaign Room to select a FreeSpace Port campaign. To return to the FS2 campaign, run DisableFSPort.bat. To turn FSPort back on, run EnableFSPort.bat. To remove the mod, run RemoveFSPort.bat. The readme should help answer the most common questions.

FS2 Open: Delete, move, or rename your current FSPort and FSPort MediaVP directories. Unpack the 'FSPort Complete' package into your FS2 directory, and it should create new subfolders for FSPort and FSPort_mediavps.  Then select either of those folders from the MOD tab of the Launcher.
If you are using the FSPort Media VPs, be sure that you have the official FreeSpace 2 3.6.12 MediaVPs installed in 'mediavps_3612' and you're using FSO 3.6.12 Final or newer.

You must select a Ported campaign in the campaign room such as "The Main FreeSpace Campaign" or "Silent Threat".  Simply launching into the ready room will start the main FreeSpace 2 campaign, which will not work when the Port is active. You must also use a separate pilot for FSPort campaigns or you will encounter strange errors.

Campaigns

A host of FreeSpace 1 campaigns have been ported to run on the FreeSpace Port, and there are many acclaimed campaigns developed exclusively for this mod! Have you played them all?

Silent Threat: Reborn and voice acting

Awakenings and voice acting

Cardinal Spear and voice acting

Destiny of Peace and voice acting

More FreeSpace Port campaigns on FreeSpaceMods.net

Disclaimer: Not all these campaigns have been tested with this version of the FreeSpace Port and MediaVPs. Please contact the FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project if updates are needed.

Credits

Big, big thanks to everyone who contributed to this, including Galemp, Goober5000, mjn.mixael, Cobra, Tarvis, Thaeris, VasudanAdmiral, IceyJones, Admiral Nelson, Hellstryker, Flaming Sword, Aardwolf, Dark, DTP, the SCP Team, the whole Freespace Community and especially Volition, for starting it all.

Discussion thread HERE!

TROUBLESHOOTING INFO:

CRCs from a fs2_open.log file:
Code: [Select]
Found root pack 'C:\Freespace2\fsport_mediavps\fs2icons.vp' with a checksum of 0xf26b8503
Found root pack 'C:\Freespace2\fsport_mediavps\mv_fsport.vp' with a checksum of 0xb5009f03

Found root pack 'C:\Freespace2\fsport\fsport-missions.vp' with a checksum of 0x2d27b494
Found root pack 'C:\Freespace2\fsport\fsport3_2.vp' with a checksum of 0xfd80cf91
Found root pack 'C:\Freespace2\fsport\odeon_fs1.vp' with a checksum of 0x6b0eb146
Found root pack 'C:\Freespace2\fsport\sparky_hi_fs1.vp' with a checksum of 0x39438fdb
Found root pack 'C:\Freespace2\fsport\stu_fs1.vp' with a checksum of 0x060994cb
Found root pack 'C:\Freespace2\fsport\tango_fs1.vp' with a checksum of 0xac31d566
Found root pack 'C:\Freespace2\fsport\tango_hi_fs1.vp' with a checksum of 0x44e81e9f
Found root pack 'C:\Freespace2\fsport\warble_fs1.vp' with a checksum of 0x0b608285

File count from a fs2_open.log file:
Code: [Select]
Searching root pack 'C:\Freespace2\fsport_mediavps\fs2icons.vp' ... 97 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Freespace2\fsport_mediavps\mv_fsport.vp' ... 487 files

Searching root pack 'C:\Freespace2\fsport\fsport-missions.vp' ... 160 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Freespace2\fsport\fsport3_2.vp' ... 866 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Freespace2\fsport\odeon_fs1.vp' ... 10 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Freespace2\fsport\sparky_hi_fs1.vp' ... 1229 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Freespace2\fsport\stu_fs1.vp' ... 1539 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Freespace2\fsport\tango_fs1.vp' ... 85 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Freespace2\fsport\tango_hi_fs1.vp' ... 33 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Freespace2\fsport\warble_fs1.vp' ... 111 files
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 06:53:05 am by Jeff Vader »
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: FreeSpace Port 3.2 + FSPort Media VPs 3.6.12 Release! (Internal)
Congratulations on the incipient new release. :yes:

However I just got back from a business trip that I've been on since Tuesday, and won't have my act together for several days...

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Now with 100% more download links!
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
SCREENSHOTS

New BEAM PIERCINGS. COBRA SAVES THE DAY YAAAAAAY

« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 09:33:14 pm by Cobra »
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Here are some more screens. That may be a bit overkill on the CB ANIs though...

[image removed]
[image removed]
[image removed]
[image removed]
[image removed]
[image removed]
[image removed]
[image removed]
[image removed]
[image removed]
[image removed]
[image removed]

Also, is ST:R going to be updated to use the new cb_soyakaze for this port release?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 02:47:50 pm by mjn.mixael »
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
ST:R missions have been updated in the SVN, but we're waiting on VasudanAdmiral's high poly Hades and the ending cutscene for the re-release. Goober also has to get some more voiceover work organized.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Re: FreeSpace Port 3.2 + FSPort Media VPs 3.6.12 Release!
If anyone's interested, we DID produce a full set of FS2-style briefing and ship/weapon select icons. You can find them in the attachment to this post.

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Re: FreeSpace Port 3.2 + FSPort Media VPs 3.6.12 Release!
By request, the complete package has been broken down into smaller packages and mirrored. See first post. If you don't know how to install individual VP files, please use the complete package and its directions.