Author Topic: Battuta vs Thaeris  (Read 2306 times)

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
For the moment the biggest obstacle to that type of mission (with a terrain model present) is simply that the AI will either balk and refuse to go below a few thousand meters of altitude, or smash itself into the ground.

I posted a thread a while back detailing a possible means to fixing that issue in a non-buggy or hackish manner with a feature that would tie into both FRED and the AI itself. Apparently the suggestion of which was scoffable to you.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 09:46:52 pm by The E »
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Umm. What about the several workarounds posted in that mission that can be used until something more comprehensive is implemented?
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
I understand that standing perfectly, E, and as an interm solution I agree with it.

For all the upcoming atmospheric mods where altitude and terrain are standard, common (and even crucial) features, a solution like I was pointing towards would be what we need. The workarounds in that thread, despite their utility and value, did nothing but to push off any intelligible discussion about how a better solution could be achieved. And we need that better solution. Which is what Battuta asked for too, but hey, since he tried to help out I might as well just say his contributions were meaningless, amirite?

If we are to discuss that further, please revert to the original feature request thread, please.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 09:36:11 pm by The E »
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Do you have a reading problem, or do you like disagreeing with posts by saying things that actually agree completely with them?

Here's what I said in that very thread:

The point here is not that a better system isn't needed, it's that you have material to work with until then if you need to move forward on your mission design.

I'd love a better system as well

Thanks for putting down all my hard work to help you out, though. I'll be sure not to make any effort at all in the future, since you apparently just read it as 'scoffing'.

I expect an apology in this thread.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 09:07:38 pm by General Battuta »

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Battuta, even though you're a global mod and you actually did kind of help Thaeris out, editing his post like that and insulting him only puts you in worse light.

I personally wouldn't dare apologize to you if you did that to my post.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I give zero ****s. I've had my posts systematically misread and I am ****ing pissed. I put more than a few hours into putting together and testing that demo, making it clear that it was just a placeholder hack so people could at least move forward, and in exchange I get told I'm 'scoffing' and brushed off as 'doing nothing'.

**** that. And stop ****ing jumping into discussions you have no part in to play two-bit wannabe moderator. Do it again and I'm going to start dumping your posts into the recycler so the discussion can proceed to its conclusion without having to tuck you into bed.

As a disclaimer one of my closer aunts is in the hospital with out-of-the-blue viral encephalitis apparently developed when a simple cold sore virus crossed into her brain via the olfactory bulb, leaving her two young children and her husband (also a close friend) unsure of if or when she'll ever wake up and whether she'll ever be fully mentally intact again. So I am a mite pissy.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
**** that. And stop ****ing jumping into discussions you have no part in to play two-bit wannabe moderator. Do it again and I'm going to start dumping your posts into the recycler so the discussion can proceed to its conclusion without having to tuck you into bed.
I could reciprocate your behaviour too and insult the hell out of you, but I'm not going to.

If you're going to reply to me in such a fashion, I'd highly recommend you take some time off and calm down. Take a walk or something, go to the gym, whatever dude. I understand you're being given a hard time, and that's fair enough, but to address another forum member like you did I and Thaeris isn't something I view to be representative of the standard of behaviour I thought General Moderators had on a generally mature and intelligent bulletin board.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I could reciprocate your behaviour too and insult the hell out of you, but I'm not going to.

If you're going to reply to me in such a fashion, I'd highly recommend you take some time off and calm down. Take a walk or something, go to the gym, whatever dude. I understand you're being given a hard time, and that's fair enough, but to address another forum member like you did I and Thaeris isn't something I view to be representative of the standard of behaviour I expect of General Moderators on a generally mature forum.

Believe it or not, but I can tear you a new asshole while remaining perfectly calm. If this is bothering you, don't get involved. Thaeris and I will happily settle it like adults.

If you had the stature to look past a single thread you'd be aware by now that this issue is contained, right here. Right over there I just apologized to Thaeris for misconstruing one of his remarks.

I'll take care of my own standards. You can take care of yours.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
updated, reread

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Post alterations removed.

I see why Battuta is pissed here, but resorting to attacks on this level should not be done.

Also, while I am sympathetic to your situation, it's something that should stay out of this board. I realize that separating your RL mental state and your posting habits is hard, but we as Moderators have a certain responsibility to do just that. We were appointed to keep the proceedings around here civil, not fan flames.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I agree. So if Dilmah manages to evict himself from this thread, we can settle this and move on.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Which he did. Well done.

Offline Topgun

the thread title should be changed to Battuta vs Thaeris vs Dilmah: Apocalypse, the Movie; the Game

inb4lock

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I agree. So if Dilmah manages to evict himself from this thread, we can settle this and move on.

Uh, I hate to tell you, but this is a public thread. If you don't want public commentary, take it to PMs. Otherwise, you owe Dilmah his head back and you are outright threatening to abuse moderator powers for personal gain.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

Uh, I hate to tell you, but this is a public thread. If you don't want public commentary, take it to PMs. Otherwise, you owe Dilmah his head back and you are outright threatening to abuse moderator powers for personal gain.

Consider it noted, consider it added to the fine and ongoing tradition!

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Consider this thread closed.