Author Topic: ANNOUNCEMENT and RELEASE: Merkar Restored  (Read 13195 times)

ANNOUNCEMENT and RELEASE: Merkar Restored

Something I have been working on, mostly for my own edification. But hey, it's a restored campaign now.

A restoration of this.

Required:

Main files (66 mb)

If you have the old version of the campaign, download the patch and place it in the mod root folder.

Optional:

Lightspeed's Nebula Pack and FSPort techroom anis

Instructions:

Copy everything to the appropriate folders. Create a new pilot and enjoy.

Almost forgot the credits:

Ships from:

GTF Maverick by billy4kd
GTF Losna, Bektah Support and Bektah bomber by Taristin
A09 and A17 cargo, RLF Tigris and RLFr Margay by Kieve
GTFr Demeter, GTF Selkie, GVF Imset, GVF Anouke, GTB Chnubis and GTT Svalin by Aldo
GVT Sesmu by Vasudan Admiral
GTC Garm by ShadowGorrath, Esarai and Droid803
GTtca Canberra by Black Wolf
GTCa Hestia by Peter V
GTD Daegon by Esarai
GTGs Enforcer by MAW
GTB Azaes and GTF Autolycus by Flipside
Mining station and GTB Surt by TrashMan
Over The Top model dump

Music from:

Desert Thunder
Superpower 2
CnC Red Alert 1 & 2 and Tiberian Sun
War Times

My apologies for any errors or omissions.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 11:38:27 am by Mustang19 »

Online Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Re: ANNOUNCEMENT and RELEASE: Merkar Restored
Wow, that's the Merkar Campaign! I completely forgot about this one. Nice work you did there, Mustang! :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Axem

GVT Sesmu by Axem

I uh...  :nervous: never made that.

Looking on the wiki, it says that VA made it.

Oops. Well, I apologized in advance.  :p

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
What happened to the first 2 missions? 
There is no Raptor R in the last mission. 
There are parsing errors associated with the MV_music table.
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Move MV_music.vp to another folder so it doesn't conflict with the custom music.tbl.

The rest, still working on it. The first two missions were just training; they were scrapped. Did the campaign at least start?

edit: The MV_music problem is fixed and I uploaded a new version of the core files.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 10:19:23 pm by Mustang19 »

Another update to the main files was uploaded. Everything should work now. Thanks for the input, Macfie.

So, anyone finished it yet? Feedback? Bug reports?

Ok, 17+ people who downloaded the mod, whatever you do, DO NOT post feedback. DO NOT report how the campaign went or complain about how godawful large the download is or how it's impossible to get past Mission 1. Again, whatever you do, DO NOT post feedback. Thank you.

Offline Shade

Highlighted this. Maybe that'll get you some feedback :) Dunno why it wasn't done earlier, guess none of us who bother with highlights check the campaign restoration board often enough.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Holy... :eek2:

Didn't expect that. Thank you, Shade. I feel like a celebrity now.

Offline swamper123

• Just call me Swamper
Downloading I cant wait for playing  :D :p
Let's play Blue Planet

Downloading now.  Always good to see another campaign restored.

Offline Solatar

I'll be playing this and reporting back once exams are over. :yes:

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
http://www.freespacemods.net/download.php?view.661

I went ahead and mirrored it in one pack.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

I appreciate it, Swantz. Just one thing; this isn't an FSPort campaign, it is a regular SCP mod.

Offline -Sara-

Just played it. Overall, it was fun but a bit short. Some missions are difficult to complete as certain objectives cannot be reached in time. Some ships are also slightly unballanced: the rapid 'Panther' the most. Still, I enjoyed the campaign, but were left a bit in the dark about the plot elements as there was little of an introduction to the coming events.
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Thanks for playing the campaign, Sara. And I am happy you enjoyed it. The Panther is meant to be ridiculously hard to hit, although after some practice I found it to be fun to kill if you know how to time your shots. There is indeed little introduction to the coming events and this is a drawback. However, this was originally intended as just a demo and in the full campaign (if it ever gets out) there will be more missions and hopefully be a more fleshed out story.

You mentioned that certain objectives cannot be reached in time. I would be interested in hearing which objectives exactly you are referring to- the transports at the end? The secondary objectives are meant to be difficult if not impossible but the primary objectives should be winnable and reasonably easy.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 09:12:07 am by Mustang19 »

Offline swamper123

• Just call me Swamper
A interesting campaign but too difficult in the last missions though especially in the last one , those torpedoes don´t evade the shots and I have enemies coming for every direction but I liked it very much overall thanks for the campaign ;)
Let's play Blue Planet

Thanks for the feedback, swamper123. The campaign could have done with more external playtesting and the last mission especially was rather hard. Glad to hear you finished it, though.