Author Topic: AoA > WiH (split from help Installing / finding all the software needed please)  (Read 4061 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
AoA > WiH (split from help Installing / finding all the software needed please)
Noticed there isnt as much  love put into BP-War in heavan   to  the first one .. shame
Why do you think that? I guarantee we worked our asses off on it.

Do you just mean the lack of voice acting?

Quote added for clarity. --Jeff Vader
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 10:41:24 am by Jeff Vader »

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Re: AoA > WiH (split from help Installing / finding all the software needed please)
... Maybe the goodies aren't turned on?

Re: AoA > WiH (split from help Installing / finding all the software needed please)

Oh    i  mean  no  disrespect... Its  good  .. and no  not the voice acting .. although it would have helped lol .. i  hate that  automated voise they  have introduced .. so i  have turned it off... Just  seemed as if  the first one  seemed like a  Longer More thought thrue project .. just  feels like the first one was much  beter, I  do  how ever dislike the fact that the invaders have Beam tech  and  the Earth  guys dont ... I  do  see the ligic however where they  didnt battle the Shivans with Beam Tech  and never reverse  the tech , But in real  life physics  they  guys with the Energy beam weaponds would Absolutly spank the Guys with out the beam tech  getting there ships chopped in half by a stream of Charged Photons , Are you guys currently working on any other projects?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I...what.  :wtf:

How old are you?

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
I think he's a troll.

Offline 666maslo666

• Artificial Neural Network
I for one think WiH was better than AoA.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you are still retarded.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
I don't like the weird romantic arcs but WiH > AoA

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
urgh this thread isn't going anywhere pretty

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I think Vic-Viper.v1 doesn't understand that the Voice Acting hasn't been completed yet.

Offline -Sara-

Oh    i  mean  no  disrespect... Its  good  .. and no  not the voice acting .. although it would have helped lol .. i  hate that  automated voise they  have introduced .. so i  have turned it off... Just  seemed as if  the first one  seemed like a  Longer More thought thrue project .. just  feels like the first one was much  beter, I  do  how ever dislike the fact that the invaders have Beam tech  and  the Earth  guys dont ... I  do  see the ligic however where they  didnt battle the Shivans with Beam Tech  and never reverse  the tech , But in real  life physics  they  guys with the Energy beam weaponds would Absolutly spank the Guys with out the beam tech  getting there ships chopped in half by a stream of Charged Photons , Are you guys currently working on any other projects?

Maybe    Vic-Viper.v2    can    use    the    spacebar    more    sparingly    please.  :wtf:

Sorry but, what you say makes such little sense Vic, or Viper. You're using the ancient "laserbeams beat rock, paper AND scissors" argument here. It seems the whole tactical side behind using these different weapons escapes you (the advantages of not needing to lock on but firing projectiles, the great range, the use of specific weaponry in general by the UEF as opposed to the GTVA). Sorry but I got to stand with Battuta, how old are you?
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Well he's welcome to his opinion, we don't all need to club him to death.

Offline -Sara-

I don't mind opinions, I just don't get his explanation/motivation of beam-beats-all. It's like saying retail sucks because red beams look more evil and therefor win by default.
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
But but but... red beams are moar powerful and win by default ! trololo
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grĂ¢ce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Snail

• SC 5
But but but... red beams are moar powerful and win by default ! trololo
Just because red beams are more eviller doesn't mean they're more powerfull they also have to be cooler and we all know blue is the coolest collor so blue beams should be more powerful except they only use them as antifighterbeams because they didn't think it through this is why i think fs2 sucked really really bad because they had green beams instead of blue beams for the terrans when the terrans should have used blue beams because they would have smacked the shivans so hard because blue beams wouldve been much more powerful of course except for the fact that volition was really not thinking at all when they made this game they were only thinking about what collor beams the terrans would use and not what they should use which led to stupid design decisions like using greenbeams instead of blue beams sometimes i think this is why freespace 2 should have been not released because if it wasnt then maybe the terrans would use blue beams instead of green beams which would have been much better in my opinion and also green

Offline Snail

• SC 5
weaponds indeed!

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
I think this is the same guy that has been asking about my Freespace cutscene test, which use's the War in heaven mod on my you tube site http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_C6ycBWL4U and from his comments i get the idea that he thinks i have added to it which i haven't and he said he was using the 3.6.10 release of media vps.

So if your reading this and your youtube user id is VicViperXxXxX, the whole sequence was created in FRED2 using the cutscene sexps.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Heh, Sorry  about the first post. I was a bid drunk when i wrote that. But as for Energy based Weapon's Vs Kinetically Propelled ones the Physics stands for it's self. A Charged stream of energy Depending on how much Energy you put into it , if it reaches the point of damageing results  then it wouldn't have a means to stop it, For example a hot knife thru butter, if you keep the knife hot then it will just continue. If you throw a  cold knife at the butter it gets stuck. BP WiH  kinda left a few questions for me although I'm going to wait for the next chapter to start asking abunch of dumb questions the creators probably have already  planned to  answer.

I think this is the same guy that has been asking about my Freespace cutscene test, which use's the War in heaven mod on my you tube site http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_C6ycBWL4U and from his comments i get the idea that he thinks i have added to it which i haven't and he said he was using the 3.6.10 release of media vps.

So if your reading this and your youtube user id is VicViperXxXxX, the whole sequence was created in FRED2 using the cutscene sexps.
  Yes that  was me , I was wondering if you had changed the lighting in game , When playing this mod it seemed very dark but the Cut vids did not. the 3d Animations havent changed but like i said just seemed very  dark and sometimes you cant see the ships just a  void of stars where the ship is currently
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 02:57:42 am by Jeff Vader »

Offline Snail

• SC 5
You need better lighting settings.

But as for Energy based Weapon's Vs Kinetically Propelled ones the Physics stands for it's self. A Charged stream of energy Depending on how much Energy you put into it , if it reaches the point of damageing results  then it wouldn't have a means to stop it, For example a hot knife thru butter, if you keep the knife hot then it will just continue. If you throw a  cold knife at the butter it gets stuck.
Sigh, fine I'll bite. "A charged stream of energy" isn't anything. It doesn't make any sense from a physics-standpoint. If we narrow the definition of "energy" to the force-carrier particles then that renders your phrase nonsensical, force-carrier particles have no charge, nor can you charge them. Also, putting energy into a stream of energy? Your analogy imples you are enhancing something with energy, but that something, according to you is more energy.

The physics of beam weapons have been discussed before, and most forms of "throwing energy" at the guy have been ruled out in favor of actual matter (plasma, electrons, etc), as all forms of energy are invisible except for light, which even then has to be aimed at you to be seen.