Author Topic: SDM's List of "Restored" Campaign  (Read 4646 times)

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
SDM's List of "Restored" Campaign
SYNC

A month ago, I played the Sync campaign and noticed some errors and and graphical outdatedness of the thing, so I took it to my own hands to attempt to restore the campaign. Now this was completely independent of phreak's attempt, and I only realized that he made an update after finishing mine. With that said, here is what is supposed to be in mine:

*grammar and spelling fixes (while reproducing as much of Ransom's style when it comes to punctuations as possible)
*intended FRED (and also Antipodes 8 compatibility) fixes (e.g. Epilogue actually has a debrief instead of the unintentional abrupt ending)
*skyboxes
*mediavps suns used instead of retail ones
*compatible with 3.6.12 mediavps, Antipodes 8 build, and RgaNoris's SathMod

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?014itb0s4bolzcu

WINDMILLS

After hearing stories of crashes and stoppers, I checked out Windmills to see what's wrong with it, and I've found out...  Lots. Or none, depending on if you wanted to just play. I can't really mess with the models, so I tried to fix some table errors, only to have them reverted because the last mission depends on the tables having the errors. However, the campaign works, save for MAYBE the occasional crashes. It's been tested to work fine on 3.6.12, and it's possible to play it to the end on Antipodes 8 (but there might be something wrong with the AI there on the 3rd mission). All files have been converted to a lighter format, and some grammar errors were fixed. Otherwise, it's mostly the same.

Note: Do NOT play on debug builds (e.g. 3.6.12d build). Crashes WILL occur.

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?28opk4p2s4g2e7a

UPDATE: Edited 3rd mission so that cruiser can actually be disabled.

Offline est1895

Re: SDM's List of "Restored" Campaign
How do you Paste the Custom Flags in the launcher in the feature section?

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
HOW TO COPY AND PASTE CUSTOM FLAGS

In this tutorial, we will learn how to copy and paste flags into the Custom Flags Tab.

Required Items:
FreeSpace 2
FreeSpace Open Launcher
Notepad or any other Text Editor
Computer Mouse
Optional: Computer Keyboard

STEP 1  - How to Copy

First, you right-click the desired text. For example, in Windmills, the README tells you to copy "-ambient_factor 200", so you highlight and right-click "-ambient_factor 200". Next, you highlight "Copy" and then left-click it.

Alternatively, you can also choose to just highlight the "-ambient_factor 200" and, instead of right-clicking, you can press CTRL+C. This is the Windows shortcut to copying a text.

STEP 2 - How to Paste

The next step is to paste. Once you have completed step one, you need to open the "FreeSpace Open Launcher" and click the "Features" tab. To do this, you double-click the "Launcher" and left-click the "Features" tab. Once there, you left-click on the "Custom flags" tab. The last part of this step is to right-click and highlight "Paste". Once that's done, you left-click the button.

Alternatively, you can just left-click the "Custom flags" tab and press CTRL+V. This is the Windows shortcut to pasting  a text.

If you have followed the above steps, you have learned how to Copy and Paste Flags into the "Custom flags" tab of the FreeSpace Launcher!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
TL;DR version

Ctrl+C
Ctrl+V

Offline est1895

I did as asked and it still gave me the same error.  I used the -ambient_factor 200 got the error. And even used the whole thing as stated in the readme file and still the same error.   Help :confused: