Author Topic: Dagger Starfighter  (Read 26258 times)

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
I don't think I like the brown. Imperial fighters were always gray or very dark blue.

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
  • maveric modeler, the sky is just the begining
well does need a bit more refinement, part of the idea was that most of these are deployed in the outer-mid rim, flown by mercs, mess-ups, or the essentialy insane pilots, and most of these have been around since the end of clone wars, so they have a bit more character

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Still, the brown doesn't look like it belongs there. It just looks "tacked on", with no logical reason why it's there. Same goes for the blue stripe, which appears on the cockpit, well, out of the blue. :)

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
well that blue strip as you put it, is a brace that is on most members of the tie series, I just need to find the right shade. also the brown part is a nosecone, like on the x-wing

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I just need to find the right shade

Try the color picker?
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
ok nothing to big, been messing with some possible coloring schemes, hopefully more soon

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
ok the blue&gold is now supended unless  requested. so here are a couple of current takes, and several texture improvements as well

Think I'll name mine "Dolly"...

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
whoops forgot to do one with the alternate gold colored metal sections, so here is one that might be a correllian flight leader, I was thinking some correlian mercs would proably be crazy enough to fly these
also yes I did one red, though it doesnt need the color to make it go faster, as this is proably one of the fastest ships you can fly

THe red colored Dagger reminds me on the red TIE Interceptor of the Emperor's Royal Guard which appeared in SW:Galaxies.
Audio Converter of Enigma Campaign 2666:
http://enigma.de.to/

German translator of WC: Hostile Frontier:
http://www.ciinet.org/kevin/wchf/

My Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FekLeyrTarg?feature=mhee

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
actualy, it showed up in the comics back in the 90s, but you do have a point ;) maybe that should be its imp colors, and maybe thats where it came from

Offline Blip

Nice modelling thus far. 

IMO, drab brown/tans all over would be ideal for the "mercenary" look.  Other than that, maybe just a standard TIE muted grey/blue palette.  I'd nix the metallic sheen though, it makes it look very... 90s CGI (and not very Star Wars, for that matter!)  ;)

Oh, and yay, first post!  I have. Been lurking. For ages.   :rolleyes:

Oh, and yay, first post!  I have. Been lurking. For ages.   :rolleyes:

"That's good! You've taken your first step into a larger world." -Obiwan

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
:welcome:
I'd start with the grey version, as it makes sense to deal with visually distracting color scheme stuff after the greebles are done, just like IRL.

Offline CountBuggula

• Fate of the Galaxy
I'd start with the grey version, as it makes sense to deal with visually distracting color scheme stuff after the greebles are done, just like IRL.

A agree.  Also, when you do start back on the colors, you'll probably want to tone them back several notches.  Paint in the movies is invariably very faded, chipped, and worn off.  Right now it looks like those pieces are made of colored plastic instead of metal with a coat of paint.

Offline Blip

A-thank-you  :cool:

Yep.  Once a suitably detailed "bare bones" texture is done you could then start experimenting with different colour variations.  :)

Offline rhettro

A while ago Mando asked me for help on texturing the Dagger (even though I'm a novice myself). I've taken as far as I want to. I think this is a good starting point for some additional schemes if anyone is so inclined.

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
 :eek2: That is awesome Rhettro Thank you so much, still needs more polishing but you have done far more than I could have, cant wait to do some rebel colors! I may finaly see one of my ships ingame

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
Nice, looks like it's coming right along. Some of the flat areas have places where it seems like there are panels and other lines that overlap kind of strangely, but overall it's starting to look pretty cool. :yes:

Offline Hobbie

• It's Hot Drop O'Clock!
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Sexy. Now make it have the firing noises from Star Wars Starfighter and we'll be all set. :P
In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed.