Author Topic: ANNOUNCEMENT: EOTP RETURNS!!!!! *Paid Jobs Inside*  (Read 5664 times)

Offline Yoseph

• http://www.cambium.com
ANNOUNCEMENT: EOTP RETURNS!!!!! *Paid Jobs Inside*
Ahoy folks. It has been quite awhile....I want to apologize to the few people who've kept in contact with me, and in recent months tried to help me get something going.

In the last few years, I've been promoted from a simple IT engineer to a program manager for a major defense firm; in other words, I'm firmly into upper management. It has some perks, and it has some minuses. One of the minuses is it sucks up a ton of time. Recently however, I've gotten enough people on contract that I've been granted some help in the form of a deputy program manager to help me wrangle some of the paperwork. In other words, I can go back to working 40 hours a week, vice 70. :)

What's this got to do with EOTP, and Hard-Light? It means I am back to wanting to realize the dream of seeing EOTP come to life.

It is a yearning desire to tell a story through the medium of Freespace 2, tell it well, and perhaps touch another human being with that story.

Effective immediately, EOTP is open for business once more.

I am looking for help with numerous items.

The status of the mod at this point is that I actually have several ships in the game, and working; however, the models are so out of date they're worthless today.

The game quality models for EOTP date back to 2006. I have CGI quality models in 3ds MAX format dating back to 2010 however.

I am looking to advance along several fronts -

* Create new game quality models, textured and loaded into the game
                         * Create quality CGI cutscenes
                         * FRED Campaign once the ships exist and are balanced with full voice acting
                         * Shoot live action scenes on the bridge of a small carrier that serves as the nexus for the entire campaign
                         * New graphics for FSOpen mission selection screens, film room etc; consistant with an EOTP theme

To accomplish these goals, I am looking first and foremost for several outstanding 3DS MAX artists; the CGi quality models are ready to roll, and I want to get scenes worked out, story boarded and animated.

I'd love to have some help from a good writer that would be willing to help me create storyline missions and edit my existing work.

I would also like to have an entirely new set of EOTP game models created; ranging from the capital ships to fighters, bases and objects; preferably in 3DS Max format so I can use them for other mods/an actual original EOTP game.

Once that's done, I'll need to get the ships into FS2Open and from there onto mission creation.

There will eventually be a need for massive amounts of voice actors, etc.

I have reached an agreement with a production company in Florida to create a set for the bridge of an "Ajax" Class Destroyer to shoot scenes for an extended EOTP series trailer; redressed, this set will also serve as a live action set with a different group of actors for live action, Wing Commander style FMV for the mod.

Finally, the question is, why would those of you in the community help me with this mod? Most mods are focused on a known IP that has a following and people love; this is not the case with EOTP.

I have at various times attempted to get this going and offered some amount of money for assistance; I am not going to go into detail on the board in public about money this time around, except to say that I will be willing to compensate anyone who works with me on EOTP, and while it won't be studio pay, I don't think the amounts will be sneezed at. :)

And there you have it. After a few long years wanting to get back into this, I'm back in full force. I hope that you guys view me as worthy of your time and help.

To join up, please email me at [email protected] or PM me here.

Thank you all in advance!

v/r

Joseph
Colonel Yoseph Cohen
Coalition Defense Forces

Mess with the best -> Die like the rest.

Don't tread on me.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: EOTP RETURNS!!!!! *Paid Jobs Inside*
I don't know what EOTP is.  :blah:

Edit: Echoes of the Past!    But I still don't remember what it's about.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Your passion is really impressive, and I wish you the best of luck. I hope this goes places.

Offline Yoseph

I should have included the link to the EOTP site, which has moved...

www.cambium.com/personal/eotp

Thanks for bringing that up Aardwolf. ;)

And General Battuta - Thanks for the kind words.

v/r

Joseph
Colonel Yoseph Cohen
Coalition Defense Forces

Don't tread on me.

Offline yuezhi

• no u
  • ¿¡you dare defy the commodore‽
are you expecting to profit off of this?
ϟIn Neo-Terra we Trustϟ
ϟGreat Tin Can Run (Download
☭Gods and Conquerors  - mission design, tech descriptions, sounds; currently 5% Book of Invasions(reserved)☭

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ︻╦╤─   Bob is building an army.
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂          ☻/         This tank & Bob are against Google+
Il███████████████████].       /▌          Copy and Paste this all over
  ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...     / \          Youtube if you are with us!

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Well, can't deny that you're persistent - is this attempt three or four at HLP now? Assuming it's still basically the same game you described last time I doubt I'll ever be much of a fan, but I guess my tastes aren't everybody's, so err... I guess good luck? Also, maybe consider somewhere like freelancer.com. Not to draw away the work from someone who might want it on HLP, but there are dedicated sites for stuff just like this.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Yoseph

Yuezhi; at some point I expect to make money off of EOTP - but obviously not off of a mod.

It is my dream at some point to launch it into a TV series; clearly if I did that, I'd make some coin.

Black Wolf - Thanks for the luck statement, and sometimes the best thing we can do is agree to disagree with a smile. :)

Colonel Yoseph Cohen
Coalition Defense Forces

Don't tread on me.

Offline starlord

nice to see you back yoseph! Did you manage to contact any modeler I sent you way?

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Yoseph, since you're here, take Diaspora for a spin. It's the latest cutting edge mod to be released after 4 years of work; I think you will be blown away (most are!), and perhaps it will give you some ideas for your mod.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Yoseph, since you're here, take Diaspora for a spin. It's the latest cutting edge mod to be released after 4 years of work; I think you will be blown away (most are!), and perhaps it will give you some ideas for your mod.

Please don't do this.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!

Please don't do this.
:wtf: Do what? Play diaspora? Post seems legit to me.
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
And get distracted from EOTP for an undetermined amount of time? :)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
All right, I'll go fill everybody's 'how does this SEXP work'/'I am recruiting' threads with 'go play Diaspora' ads

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Done maliciously, it would be a problem. Done like this, it makes sense to suggest someone recruiting for a TC should play the latest and greatest of our TCs, especially since he's been away for awhile and may have missed it. Please leave moderating to the mods.
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
If jr2 played anything he posted about I wouldn't have a problem. But hey, the ignore list was made for cleaning up clutter!

If this forum has any functioning mods it'd be awesome if they could clean up the backlog of low level tasks that need doing.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
:wtf: Honestly, the reason I "never play anything I post about" is that I always run into bugs.  Dimensional Eclipse? CTD.  Diaspora?  Same.  I have a limited time to play games and I can't be arsed to figure out what's wrong.  Usually I'll just try again later after newer releases.  Rather than posting about my problems, I'd much rather try to help out with other problems on the boards.

I was going to add in a "don't worry, it's only 6 missions long, so you won't be too long with Diaspora" but I figured it wasn't necessary and it would perhaps make Diaspora seem like less of a great game.  Guess I should have spelled it out for the few, the loud...  :P

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Well I for one would love to see an FS2_Open game that was free, and didn't have the Sword of Damocles constantly hanging over it in the form of a Cease and Desist order.

Although since you posted last, Wing of Dawn came along and might beat you to it.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
WoD isn't a standalone yet though, so there's still hope. :)

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
Well I for one would love to see an FS2_Open game that was free, and didn't have the Sword of Damocles constantly hanging over it in the form of a Cease and Desist order.

Although since you posted last, Wing of Dawn came along and might beat you to it.

Not really. Wings of Dawn still has the Sword of Damocles over its head because of music.
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline Yoseph

I'll take this opportunity to note that EOTP already has a professional composer lined up who will be producing a full orchestral score. :)

I've gotten a few private messages, but I still need a lot of help folks. Come on in!

v/r

Joseph
Colonel Yoseph Cohen
Coalition Defense Forces

Don't tread on me.