Author Topic: Diaspora : Shattered Armistice patch 1.0.3 released  (Read 6261 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline karajorma

  • King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
  • 214
  • Posts: 28,459
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Diaspora : Shattered Armistice patch 1.0.3 released
Same as before, I'll update the launcher to link to these as soon as people tell me we didn't add any bugs. :p

Okay, patch 1.0.3 DOES NOT require you to install earlier patches first. In fact the Windows version will actually delete it if you've already installed it. Mac & Linux users should delete the R1.0.1_Patch.vp and  R1.0.2_Patch.vp from their Diaspora folder (if they have them) before installing this version.

Downloads

Windows

Mac

Linux

Changelog

Fix a crash in Mission 6
Fix an AI bug with drone landings in Training Mission 2
Fix a problem with Directives not appearing in Training Mission 2
Add Directive counters to Training Mission 2
Fix rotation issue with Raptor door
Alter the timing for civilian jumps in Mission 5
Adding more missing built in messages
Fix lack of loading screen errors in debug
Fix missing art for the MEC-A6 (training) in the techroom
Fix #weak weapons appearing in the techroom in multiplayer
Remove/disable debug events in Mission 5
Add missing cache files
Update credits file
Fix issue where Cylon HUD crashes the standalone server
Fix Mission 6 issues where the Prometheus could be destroyed
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 08:16:02 pm by karajorma »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

 

Offline Darklord42

  • 28
  • Posts: 331
    • Darklord's Webpage
Re: Diaspora : Shattered Armistice patch 1.0.3 released
what does the new executable do exactly?

 

Offline VPR

  • 26
  • Posts: 92
Re: Diaspora : Shattered Armistice patch 1.0.3 released
Still getting a false positive from NOD32, I'll try submitting the patch to them and see if anything happens.

 

Offline karajorma

  • King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
  • 214
  • Posts: 28,459
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Diaspora : Shattered Armistice patch 1.0.3 released
what does the new executable do exactly?

Fixes the crashes.

There were at least a couple of errors in the AI code that caused crashes or could cause crashes, those were patched out.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

 

Offline ShivanSpS

  • 210
  • Posts: 1,106
Re: Diaspora : Shattered Armistice patch 1.0.3 released
Im still having a CTD crash on mission 6, but i was still having it in 1.0.2, impossible to complete the mission as it does occur in 99% and i get killed in the other 1%...

 

Offline Ace

  • Truth of Babel
  • Moderator
  • 212
  • Posts: 5,845
    • http://www.rhombus-studios.net
Re: Diaspora : Shattered Armistice patch 1.0.3 released
Can you post a debug log if you're still getting the crash?
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

 

Offline Swifty

  • Moderator
  • 29
  • Posts: 1,014
  • I reject your fantasy & substitute my own
Re: Diaspora : Shattered Armistice patch 1.0.3 released
Im still having a CTD crash on mission 6, but i was still having it in 1.0.2, impossible to complete the mission as it does occur in 99% and i get killed in the other 1%...

Did this fix ever work for you? http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=81877.msg1640900#msg1640900

 

Offline jr2

  • The Mail Man
  • 212
  • Posts: 6,644
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Re: Diaspora : Shattered Armistice patch 1.0.3 released
Latest crash log:

http://pastebin.com/p79AUwQN

Latest 1.0.3; note that I can't get my GT 540M to take over, so it could be caused by my Intelgrated chip being gay.  If that's causing this, let me know and I'll just keep looking for a way to make nVCP actually work for FS (no clue why it won't, it does with other games).

 

Offline AtomicClucker

  • 27
  • Posts: 198
  • Runnin' from Trebs
Re: Diaspora : Shattered Armistice patch 1.0.3 released
Latest crash log:

http://pastebin.com/p79AUwQN

Latest 1.0.3; note that I can't get my GT 540M to take over, so it could be caused by my Intelgrated chip being gay.  If that's causing this, let me know and I'll just keep looking for a way to make nVCP actually work for FS (no clue why it won't, it does with other games).

Heard some similar woes on users of the dual chipsets that plague laptops on the nvforums with various games, but the 540 seems to be full of woe sometimes. I can get Diaspora to work decently after killing post-processing and cranking down some of the video effects on my ATI setup. After instal 1.03 patch, i've noticed no difference in the game thus far, minus the usual crashes and mission loads stalling.
Blame Blue Planet for my Freespace2 addiction.

 

Offline karajorma

  • King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
  • 214
  • Posts: 28,459
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Diaspora : Shattered Armistice patch 1.0.3 released
Latest crash log:

http://pastebin.com/p79AUwQN

Ummm. It didn't crash. The log shows you played the game then exited normally.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

 

Offline jr2

  • The Mail Man
  • 212
  • Posts: 6,644
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Re: Diaspora : Shattered Armistice patch 1.0.3 released
Umm... :nervous:  So I did.  I forgot I was futzing around after the crash trying to get the GT 540M to kick in instead of Intelgrated... here is the correct log:

http://pastebin.com/J2tRVcFh

 

Offline karajorma

  • King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
  • 214
  • Posts: 28,459
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Diaspora : Shattered Armistice patch 1.0.3 released
That's a shader error. You've gotta turn off the shaders if you're on Intel Graphics.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

 

Offline jr2

  • The Mail Man
  • 212
  • Posts: 6,644
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Re: Diaspora : Shattered Armistice patch 1.0.3 released
Hmph.  I was hoping I could leave it on.  I figured shaders would crash on mission launch or shortly after, but I guess not.  :ick:  I'll try that then.

 

Offline ShivanSpS

  • 210
  • Posts: 1,106
Re: Diaspora : Shattered Armistice patch 1.0.3 released
Im still having a CTD crash on mission 6, but i was still having it in 1.0.2, impossible to complete the mission as it does occur in 99% and i get killed in the other 1%...

Did this fix ever work for you? http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=81877.msg1640900#msg1640900
that did the trick, thanks.

 

Offline karajorma

  • King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
  • 214
  • Posts: 28,459
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Diaspora : Shattered Armistice patch 1.0.3 released
Mac patch added.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

 

Offline hitsikolli

  • 20
  • Posts: 1
Re: Diaspora : Shattered Armistice patch 1.0.3 released
After that newest patch (1.0.3) i have strange bug in mission 4 Distress. My ship just stand there and i cant do nothing. Even fire. Throttle is set to 100% and i tried launch button too and nothing. I even restarted Campaign and the problem occur again in that mission. So.. any thoughts?

 

Offline karajorma

  • King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
  • 214
  • Posts: 28,459
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Diaspora : Shattered Armistice patch 1.0.3 released
Try a new pilot.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

 

Offline Kojimada

  • 22
  • Posts: 4
Re: Diaspora : Shattered Armistice patch 1.0.3 released
I had a game saved at the last stage when I installed the patch. This was my 3rd or 4th time playing through the campaign.  When I land on the Prometheus, the game glitches, the FTL clock starts to slow down to the point where it takes several seconds to change one second, and when the clock runs out, the Cylon raiders just continue to attack, and I can not take off or anything. The game just gets all confused. I exit the game and go back in to redo the mission, and the same thing happens each time. Not sure if this issue has happened with anyone else or not. I will try to get a but report saved... as soon as I figure out how.

 

Offline karajorma

  • King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
  • 214
  • Posts: 28,459
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Diaspora : Shattered Armistice patch 1.0.3 released
That one is a known issue that will be fixed in 1.0.4.

In the meanwhile deliberately go for the ending where you don't land in time.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]