Author Topic: Blue Planet Crashing  (Read 1562 times)

Every time I try and play Blue Planet with a specific pilot, it will just crash with an error about the fred2_open_3_6_17_SSE2_BP.exe. It works fine with any other pilot, but with a certain one, nope. It's been happening ever since I accidentally went onto the normal freespace campaign instead of blue planet, and now that specific pilot can't be used. It had all my saved data on there and I don't really want to repeat all those missions to get back to my original mission I left at.

Anyway to fix this?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Please follow the steps described here: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=56279.msg1180359#msg1180359 to generate and post an fs2_open.log.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline leoben

I have the same issue. Unfortunately using the debug version of the executable doesn't yield a proper crash, it locks up and stays like that indefinitely. Here's the error msg if I use the original .17BP executable:

Malloc Failed!

ntdll.dll! ZwWaitForSingleObject + 21 bytes
kernel32.dll! WaitForSingleObjectEx + 67 bytes
kernel32.dll! WaitForSingleObject + 18 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_17_SSE2_BP.exe! <no symbol>

This pilot is dedicated for Blue Planet - War in Heaven 2. It never started the original FS2 campaign. Yesterday it worked, today it crashes - I've made no changes. Any ideas?

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
You might have hit this bug.  This is fixed in the latest BluePlanet executables (compatibility execs are here instead).  Unfortunately, unless you like hex-editing, your current pilot is toast and you'll need to create a new one :(

Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...