Author Topic: Necroing Campaign/Mission threads  (Read 2288 times)

Offline Lorric

Necroing Campaign/Mission threads
Surely there is nothing wrong with doing this? The more information is placed into a campaign thread the better, right? A campaign thread is not a normal thread, people will revisit them and they will remain relevant longer than a month, I'd argue they are relevant forever and posting in them should be encouraged.

I say this because Luis just got worried about it in the thread underneath and Lepanto was recently worried about posting in my demo campaign thread, but he okayed it with Spoon.

It is most pleasant to receive feedback about my campaign after several months. Surely any campaign maker would feel the same, and the feedback would be useful for all future visitors to the thread. The more feedback the better.

So am I missing something here, or shouldn't we be encouraging people to post in these threads rather than people be worrying about it?

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Re: Necroing Campaign/Mission threads
Somewhere in the forums, I swear I read an admin or mod say campaign threads are eternal.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I don't think people are upset with necroing release threads on this forum. It's generally discouraged anywhere else though.

Necroing is okay if there is a very good reason for it. Keeping all the feedback on one thread is a reasonable enough reason to allow it.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Lorric

I don't think people are upset with necroing release threads on this forum. It's generally discouraged anywhere else though.

Necroing is okay if there is a very good reason for it. Keeping all the feedback on one thread is a reasonable enough reason to allow it.

Ah, this is good!  :D

It will also encourage people to go mining the old campaign threads, so for me and An4ximandros, relatively new members, imagine someone goes and drops some feedback on a 3yr old thread, maybe we see it and think "Ooooh, that looks interesting..."

Let people go and find hidden gems and dust them off so others can see them.

Let people go and find hidden gems and dust them off so others can see them.

There are definitely gems in there, we just don't know of them yet!