Author Topic: Release:Shrouding The Light (STL+Origins) upgrade  (Read 13606 times)

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
Release:Shrouding The Light (STL+Origins) upgrade
A year has passed since the destruction of the Lucifer and the flight of the Shivan armada. In the year 2336, the Terran and Vasudan peoples attempt to reclaim their former empires and piece together their shattered lives. However, dissidents and splinter groups from within jeopardise their hopes of peace - fighting for independence or against hated alien foes. In the midst of all this turmoil, you are transferred, from the safety of the 1st Battlegroup of Vasuda to the 13th Battlegroup's PVD Guardian and the troubled hotspot of Deneb...

Originally created by Blaise Russel

Includes changes by Admiral Nelson

Includes Voice Acting

Updated by Macfie to work with the 2014 Media VPs

Requires a recent nightly build (dated 1 January or later)
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?board=173.0
Requires the 3.4 version of the FSPort and the FSPort-MediaVPs
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=84358.0
Requires the Unofficial patch for FSPort MediaVPs 
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=86514.0

Download from GameFront
http://www.gamefront.com/files/24252297/FSP_STL_7z
Moddb
http://www.moddb.com/downloads/shrouding-the-light-scp-edition

Files have been upgraded to include a change to all the missions so they use the FS1 success and failure music for the debriefs.  New files as of 5/23/14 2107 CDT

[attachment deleted by an evil time traveler]
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 11:12:44 am by Macfie »
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline CT27

Re: Release:Shrouding The Light (STL+Origins) upgrade
Cool.  Thanks for all the work on this.

This should probably get a "highlight" notice.

Offline CT27

I had this issue come up when I tried to play the final mission in the techroom.

Offline Macfie

Here is a fix for some of the initial problems.  I'll try and fix the downloads when I get home from work tonight.

Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline Luis Dias

Did you manage to make that FSO Installer file for it to detect the mod?

Offline CT27

Is this correct?

Create a folder called "missions" in the new STL folder and place the first file that you give us to download in there?

Put the second download link in "tables" in the new STL folder (along with the unofficial patch)?

Offline Macfie

You should create a data folder with the missions and table folders inside the new FSP_STL folder.  If you are going to use the 2014 media VPs with all the FSPort campaigns, the unofficial patch should go in a folder named tables in the data folder in FSPort-media VPs.

Offline CT27

I just put the patch in the tables folder of the FSP_STL.  I'm not using the 2014's with all FSPort campaigns just yet.

Anyways, some good news and slightly bad news:

Good-That "medal" issue I used to have with the final mission now seems to have gone away.
Bad-I'm still getting the failure debriefing music on "Siege" when I've completed that mission successfully.  It seems to be the only mission debriefing with music issues.

Offline Macfie

I don't think I can fix the debriefing music.  I have no idea what is causing it.  There's no difference between Siege and any of the other missions as far as the debrief music.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Probably something to do with the objectives setup in the mission. That'll feed debrief music.

Offline Macfie

The updated version has been uploaded and the links updated.  Just replace everything in the FSP_STL folder with the new down load.  I divided the VP file into one for voice and one for the core files, so you will have two VP files instead of one.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 05:15:20 am by Macfie »

Offline CT27

What's new in this recent update?

Offline Macfie

The ships TBM and two missions were modified to eliminate some error messages.

Offline CT27

Concerning the two downloads Macfie that you posted in your second post in this thread:

Do I need to put those in their respective folders (data/tables and data/mission) in the folder of this new update?  Or is it okay without them and they're not needed for the recent update?

Offline Macfie

They are not needed for the update.  Just delete all the old files and install the new ones.

Thank you Macfie!  I've started playing the upgraded campaign and it's all working good for me so far.

If I do run into any errors, I'll be sure to report them.

Offline CT27

I played "Siege" through the campaign and still got the failure debriefing music.  It's not that big a deal in the long run, it's just that it's kind of weird to get a generally upbeat debriefing while somber music plays in the background.  I still get the 'success' music after beating "Siege" on the previous (non-FSCRP) version of STL.

Also concerning music, in this new version of STL, whenever I get the "success" music in debriefings it sounds like FS2's.  In the previous version of STL it sounded more like FS1's debriefing music.

Just some minor issues and is still an awesome campaign.

Offline Macfie

Try this version of Siege.  I was having a problem with not being able to use FRED while modifying the missions so I couldn't do anything with the debrief music.  I got the problem figured out.  If you could would you play the attached mission and see if that fixed the problem?

Offline CT27

IT WORKED!  :)

Thanks for your help Macfie.  Siege was my favorite mission from STL so I'm glad I can hear the success.

Admittedly I played Siege through the techroom, but it should also work in the regular campaign right?

Anyways, thanks again.

Offline Macfie

Yes, it should work in the campaign.  You're welcome.