I've been playing this free MMO for a few weeks now. It's pretty interesting! Here's a link to their Kickstarter: http://kck.st/1CAk0M1
They only need another $15K to finish up, and they're running out of time. Since I like this game, I've actually backed it myself, and am asking you all to do the same.What do I like about this game?
1. There are full sized planets. A whole galaxy full of them, actually. Look!
2. Seamless transition between atmosphere and space. You can colonize planets anywhere you like (outside the 8 starting systems)
3. A very friendly community!
Now, despite the fact that the developers have a Kickstarter, they've got a leg up on some other Kickstarter Space MMOs for a few reasons
1. The game is live, and playable right now! Go to www.thespacegame.com
to try it out!
2. They've put up a clear budget regarding what the money is for.
3. They've already got a small but very dedicated and friendly playerbase (The standard way to get rid of your older ships is to give them to new players giving them a leg up)
4. The game has premium play, but it is very cheap. Three dollars gets you a month of full premium, and there are three sections that each cost 99 cents, in case you only want to experience one aspect of the game.